Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

Rewriting the test to achieve what, in future?

I've made peace with this now, and also with ceasing to pay any attention to the PL anymore. I'm not going to sit and pretend that I have any interest in being a "know your place" football club in a league dominated by duplicitous, fearful competitors.

I hope anyone who can just 'enjoy the day out' can still manage to derive enjoyment from a non-competitive club, but I can't.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

What’s the point of having a test of it needs an independent arbitrator?

The arbitration was to decide whether MBS would play a role in the ownership of the club. If the answer was yes, the sale would have been denied. 

Tbf, Staveley said as much in the days after the bid was withdrawn. The PL have been pushing to have MBS named on the papers, which then allows them to say no. 

• Like 1

To be fair, this would have gone through no problem if the Saudi state hadn't been pirating the broadcast in the first place. Or if they'd done enough to reassure the PL that they'd got a handle on it. Or if they'd not banned BEIN from broadcasting in Saudi Arabia in the middle of the takeover. PL definitely the servant of a few masters here, but the buying side have been a bit of a shitshow themselves.

Now we wait for Mauriss/Kenyon/BZG/Orleggi/Moat just in time for the January window. :good:

Is anyone actually bothered? :lol: 

If we’re lucky we’ll stay up. Maybe we’ll get a draw against one of the protected clubs. 

Hooray.

Its not worth investing time in. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Is anyone actually bothered? :lol: 

If we’re lucky we’ll stay up. Maybe we’ll get a draw against one of the protected clubs. 

Hooray.

Its not worth investing time in. 

Every season I care less and less. It's only when we're in the bottom three that I get invested, and if your football club only gets under your skin when they're in danger of relegation, it's not much fun.

5 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

The only reason I still haven't sacked off BT Sport is because my dad likes to come round and watch whatever match is on.  For myself, I barely watch it even if we're playing.

The baseball is good on BT

48 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The arbitration was to decide whether MBS would play a role in the ownership of the club. If the answer was yes, the sale would have been denied. 

Tbf, Staveley said as much in the days after the bid was withdrawn. The PL have been pushing to have MBS named on the papers, which then allows them to say no. 

But regulations in the ODT would have allowed them to treat him as a shadow director and reject the takeover on the basis of insufficient information. This would have made an appeal possible where the judgement of the league could have been challenged. There was no need for independent arbitration for a timely decision.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

But regulations in the ODT would have allowed them to treat him as a shadow director and reject the takeover on the basis of insufficient information. This would have made an appeal possible where the judgement of the league could have been challenged. There was no need for independent arbitration for a timely decision.

Better for the PL to suggest an independent arbitrator than reject it, though?

Final nail in the coffin for me, I'm off to get sloshed in the bar, followed by a hot tub and then drift off into a deep sleep hoping the Reubens come to their senses and buy us outright with investment over the next few years from a mysterious middle eastern investment vehicle. 

10 minutes ago, Ugly Mackems said:

Can someone tell me (to fuck off if you struggle to answer) why all the part time shithouses or ne'er attendees sit for months on end discussing something they generally have lost interest in?

It’s as mysterious as someone seemingly only posting on here to get bites off fans of the same club they support or taking a perverse pride in being a soopafan of a club that shits all over its fan base 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official