Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

1 minute ago, Carl said:

Not sure why I wrote food journalists

:lol: assumed it was football journalists autocorrected. Or you’re thinking about your dinner 

Aye, how they have even got any jurisdiction over club ownership is mental. Especially when they are misusing it to protect their own interests. We should just proceed with the sale and see if they've got the bollocks to try and do something about it. 

These new bidders are simply after attention imo, so it a load of bollocks. The Saudi bid is over since the PL seem convinced of their own fucking nonsense being correct. The only way we get sold is likely what Wykiki said, we go down this season, Saudis reignite interest and purchase us subject to the EFL test, which probably won’t see anything like the EFL just deciding who the officers and directors are. 

4 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Just been thinking. I know,dangerous.

If we got relegated and then got took over by these. Then got promoted it would be fine? Surly that shows the whole process is bollocks init?

I think that’s exactly what will happen. Apart from the bit where we get bought by the Saudis 

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

I think the section of the Saudis statement that talked about the investment no longer being commercially viable was the final nail for me but at least they know now how much want their investment however unless something drastically changes it won't happen.

Surely the Reuben Bros must have looked at the club and thought how commercially viable it actually is. Easily affordable given their wealth, probably £100m to challenge for Europe, huge opportunity to expand their established interests in the region.

I imagine if Staveley wins her Barclays case and goes half the Reubens could be interested, I dont think they want the lions share of the liabilities that go with owning a club, in fact during the Peter Kenyon takeover thing it was mentioned about Ashley keeping a percentage of the club.

24 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Isn’t the Reubens crack that their portfolio is worth a billion, not their personal wealth?

They're worth £16bn in total. That obviously includes their property and investment portfolios but they have plenty in cold hard cash also. Given that they've got a combined age of 155 I'm not sure they've much interest in owning a club outright. If the son who sits on QPR's board could twist their arms though...

So this new group are prepared to give Ashley executive rights at newcastle, his family box, total access, sports direct advertising, you know the normal .................fuck right off 

1 hour ago, OTF said:

If the Chopra deal falls through I've heard Xisco and Nacho are in advanced stages with their latin themed proposal.

Margarita Pracatan fulfilling the Amanda Stavely role too

Margarita Pracatan dies at 89 : News 2020 : Chortle : The UK ...

3 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

That would be pretty miraculous 

It’s barely less believable than Chopra fronting a credible consortium though :lol: 

Extracts from The Mail report on Monday:

London-based Dentons are acting as a filter for Newcastle owner Mike Ashley.

Up to 50 enquiries have been fielded since the Saudi-led takeover collapse.

Mike Ashley will only negotiate with proposed buyers of Newcastle United once his lawyers have convinced him they are genuine.

London-based Dentons are acting as a filter for all those who express an interest in buying the club and sources claim up to 50 such enquiries have been fielded since the Saudi-led takeover collapsed two weeks ago.

Ashley and his trusted lieutenant Justin Barnes will only get involved if Dentons advise that an approach is serious and those interested have the financial backing to complete a deal.

That means the owner has not yet had any contact with the Singapore group [BNG] who submitted a £280million offer over the weekend.

But the offer is below the £300m asking price and there is caution given the investor group have released a statement confirming their offer, raising the suspicion of this being an easy publicity grab.

50 enquires :razz:

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official