Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

40 minutes ago, trooper said:

Extracts from The Mail report on Monday:

London-based Dentons are acting as a filter for Newcastle owner Mike Ashley.

Up to 50 enquiries have been fielded since the Saudi-led takeover collapse.

Mike Ashley will only negotiate with proposed buyers of Newcastle United once his lawyers have convinced him they are genuine.

London-based Dentons are acting as a filter for all those who express an interest in buying the club and sources claim up to 50 such enquiries have been fielded since the Saudi-led takeover collapsed two weeks ago.

Ashley and his trusted lieutenant Justin Barnes will only get involved if Dentons advise that an approach is serious and those interested have the financial backing to complete a deal.

That means the owner has not yet had any contact with the Singapore group [BNG] who submitted a £280million offer over the weekend.

But the offer is below the £300m asking price and there is caution given the investor group have released a statement confirming their offer, raising the suspicion of this being an easy publicity grab.

50 enquires :razz:

All bullshit imo

I think the Saudis have backed away because of the current financial climate, enough information has been published over the last few days to suggest the takeover would begrudgingly be approved but we have heard nothing from them or Staveley. 

It looks like the three musketeers of Ashley, Charnley and Bruce will be leading us on their donkeys full pelt with Curly Wurly swords towards the certain relegation of 2020/2021 Premier League.

God bless them one and all, (on their own of course cos I wont be watching that fuckin shite)

On 8/15/2020 at 11:32, Isegrim said:

It’s been over before it started because the league never wanted it happen.

I don't think that's true. I think the PL would have allowed it if they could get Saudi Arabia to end piracy and be satisfied that there was sufficient separation between MBS and the PIF.

The first bit is difficult to prove, but the second bit is just a bit of restructuring of the entity that buys Newcastle.

On 8/18/2020 at 08:35, trooper said:

Extracts from The Mail report on Monday:

London-based Dentons are acting as a filter for Newcastle owner Mike Ashley.

Up to 50 enquiries have been fielded since the Saudi-led takeover collapse.

Mike Ashley will only negotiate with proposed buyers of Newcastle United once his lawyers have convinced him they are genuine.

London-based Dentons are acting as a filter for all those who express an interest in buying the club and sources claim up to 50 such enquiries have been fielded since the Saudi-led takeover collapsed two weeks ago.

Ashley and his trusted lieutenant Justin Barnes will only get involved if Dentons advise that an approach is serious and those interested have the financial backing to complete a deal.

That means the owner has not yet had any contact with the Singapore group [BNG] who submitted a £280million offer over the weekend.

But the offer is below the £300m asking price and there is caution given the investor group have released a statement confirming their offer, raising the suspicion of this being an easy publicity grab.

50 enquires :razz:

That extract is an affront on Journalism.

How many different ways could they find to repeat the "Ashley is using his lawyers to filter out time wasters" message across?

14 minutes ago, The Fish said:

The first bit is difficult to prove, but the second bit is just a bit of restructuring of the entity that buys Newcastle.

'Here lads, you wouldn't do us a wee favour and remove the totalitarian head of state as chairman of your £400 billion investment fund so we can let you buy this football club?'

Just now, ewerk said:

'Here lads, you wouldn't do us a wee favour and remove the totalitarian head of state as chairman of your £400 billion investment fund so we can let you buy this football club?'

Yup.

Or create a new division of PIF with a focus on Sports and name one of MBS' brothers as Chairman of that?

'Hello good sir, my name is Mohammed Bin Salman, head of PFI, and I'd like to buy this football club.'

'No, no. I'm very much different to Mohammad Bin Salman, head of PIF. I've barely spoken to him in years.'

I can't see how it fails.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ewerk said:

'Hello good sir, my name is Mohammed Bin Salman, head of PFI, and I'd like to buy this football club.'

'No, no. I'm very much different to Mohammad Bin Salman, head of PIF. I've barely spoken to him in years.'

I can't see how it fails.

Bohammed Sin Malman?

12 minutes ago, ewerk said:

There we go, that's the sort of thinking that's going to see this takeover through.

One thing I was thinking, would you be surprised if a restructured PIF came back for us in 2021. When the MENA region is up for tender, and all that?

I'm not sure they'd fancy going another round with the PL when they could just go and buy a French/German/Italian club without any hassle at all.

The PIF will buy a football club make that club successful, invest in the area & make the league the club play in stronger.

I doubt they are that arsed about it being us particularly.

• Like 2

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official