Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

One thing I was thinking, would you be surprised if a restructured PIF came back for us in 2021. When the MENA region is up for tender, and all that?

I'm not sure they'd fancy going another round with the PL when they could just go and buy a French/German/Italian club without any hassle at all.

Sports Direct United will be in the Championship then. The club will be half price 

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

One thing I was thinking, would you be surprised if a restructured PIF came back for us in 2021. When the MENA region is up for tender, and all that?

I'm not sure they'd fancy going another round with the PL when they could just go and buy a French/German/Italian club without any hassle at all.

PIF were never buying us directly. It was always going to be done through a subsidiary. What the PL are looking for is who ultimately owns the subsidiary. PIF can restructure whatever way they want but as long as the Saudis are involved then the PL are going to come to the same conclusion i.e. that MBS calls that shots and will want to make him subject to the Directors Test. The only way it looks like this will change is if we see a change at the top of the PL or legal action by one of the involved parties.

• Like 1

Masters appears to have told them that the PL have gone beyond the scope of the O & D test and apparently they're ok with this :unsure:

I get that they're limited to what they can do and getting a sit down with him is an acheivement but for fucks sakes it's there right in front of you lads they moved the goal posts because they didn't like the look of the buyers. The reasons are in a way irrelevent, they weren't going to approve it under any circumstances and the offer of mediation was a fuckin cowards way out

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/breaking-richard-masters-newcastle-takeover-18800928.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 21:39, wykikitoon said:

I said weeks ago we will be fucked. We won't jump back out the Championship like years gone by. It's down there for a decade or so. 

We might win a few more games tbh

27 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Masters appears to have told them that the PL have gone beyond the scope of the O & D test and apparently they're ok with this :unsure:

I get that they're limited to what they can do and getting a sit down with him is an acheivement but for fucks sakes it's there right in front of you lads they moved the goal posts because they didn't like the look of the buyers. The reasons are in a way irrelevent, they weren't going to approve it under any circumstances and the offer of mediation was a fuckin cowards way out

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/breaking-richard-masters-newcastle-takeover-18800928.amp?__twitter_impression=true

It remains very suspicious. Those answers do still not explain why the PL left it rather late to raise questions about the ownership in June. There were big law firms involved in drafting the terms of the sale agreement. I very much doubt that they would have set an expiry date in June without a completion of the test thought to be likely.

The whole arbitration nonsense remains a cop out to derail the test.

But thankfully they only did it to protect the club without any influence from outside (except of 17 weeks of stories of parties turning to the PL to block the takeover).

• Like 3

I would also know how Masters could state in front of parliament that he was hoping for the test to be "concluded shortly" if all that the PL was offering was some obscure arbitration before they could take the test to the next stages.., 

• Like 2

so it's back on then? get in there!

not only that, if we pray for a psg victory in the champions league we'll probably sign messi in january.

fucking great this.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/newcastle-united-news-takeover-latest-staveley-ashley-pif-today-a9680141.html

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Haha 1

I don't think it was PSG's success that's spurring them into action. They saw we're signing Jeff Hendrick on a free and want to get in before he leads us to a domestic treble and our value goes through the roof.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

so it's back on then? get in there!

not only that, if we pray for a psg victory in the champions league we'll probably sign messi in january.

fucking great this.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/newcastle-united-news-takeover-latest-staveley-ashley-pif-today-a9680141.html

I am sure that the PL will turn to the catholic church if the deal is resurrected for some divine arbitration to prove that there was no blasphemy involved and to prove PIF are not considered to be heretics.

1 hour ago, Isegrim said:

I am sure that the PL will turn to the catholic church if the deal is resurrected for some divine arbitration to prove that there was no blasphemy involved and to prove PIF are not considered to be heretics.

:lol: 

Aye, they’ll be like oh we meant we’re happy for it to be resurrected so we can do way more faffing about outside the remit of the O&D test, not that we’d look to compromise or approve it. 

• Like 1

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official