Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

42 minutes ago, Alex said:

Exclusive: bid fronted by chopra (who told us the other week the Saudi bid had passed the test) is not a real bid

Chopra should have realised it was a scam when he was offered half of Chen‘s neck as a payment.

Tbf, we were as close to a money ball club as anyone else in the league in the days of Carr. Cabaye, Tiote, Perez, Wijnaldum, Sissoko, Mbemba, Thauvin etc.

All cheapish purchases that had flown under the radar of other clubs because they didn’t have headline grabbing stats 

15 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Tbf, we were as close to a money ball club as anyone else in the league in the days of Carr. Cabaye, Tiote, Perez, Wijnaldum, Sissoko, Mbemba, Thauvin etc.

All cheapish purchases that had flown under the radar of other clubs because they didn’t have headline grabbing stats 

One of the things that makes the Joelinton deal so obviously dodgy is that there's no way it would ever make money - even if he'd turned out to be a 20 a year scorer we wouldn't have got that much more than 40m for him.

I didn't realise that even though Newcastle has the lowest staff numbers in the premier league with by far the lowest paid Chief executive, Ashley still has some staff on furlough.

Fit and proper

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Company i work for turns over about 30 billion and has people furloughed. I think football clubs are an easy target for virtue signallers.

I think that's a fair point, however the furlough scheme was brought in to save jobs.

Your firm is using the scheme to do just that as most of it's employees will be on the same or simliar wages. When the scheme ends 31st oct hopfully no body ill be paid off, but some might.

The reason football clubs or certainly Premier League clubs are targeted for using furlough is because most of it's staff are on 50k,60k plus wages per week.

Then they use the scheme to pay the rest of the staff on normal wages to penny pinch, well ashley does. The rest of the Premier league clubs don't.   ( I think relagated Norwich are using it as well ) 

When the scheme ends I doubt very much many any staff will be made redundant. 

If a Premier league club can afford to pay those type of wages to many footballers, how can they possibly pay people off when the scheme ends ?

Ashley is using the scheme because he can, legally but it's morally wrong imo.

I can understand lower league teams like sunland using to scheme to save jobs of course.:D I think the JTS will for sure save jobs in the lower league, but not all them.

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official