Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

7 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

He's continuously stated it's not over, man. :lol:

That’s strange...since the takeover went tits I could’ve sworn he’s continually promoted (in descending order of priority/relevance) himself, his tiresome “legends” evenings, his barely literate books about his pathetic gangster obsession, his interest in boxing...errr....I think that’s it? :unsure:

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

That’s strange...since the takeover went tits I could’ve sworn he’s continually promoted (in descending order of priority/relevance) himself, his tiresome “legends” evenings, his barely literate books about his pathetic gangster obsession, his interest in boxing...errr....I think that’s it? :unsure:

Don't forget...

• Haha 2

Well they seem to have applied a standard to the bid that didn't apply to anyone else. And that seems to have happened because the likes of Liverpool and Spurs used their influence to scupper the deal. I hope the PL get their tits sued right off, the corrupt fuckers.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

'Please listen to me at 9:30am on BBC Newcastle'

FHT

I’m not sure I’ve ever listened to this cunt speak. 
( If I have, he’s clearly eminently forgettable :lol:)

I’m imagining a kind of even crappier accent than Waddle- Obvious North East accent but tries to sound “phone posh” on certain words and mangles the fuck out it… close?

5 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’m not sure I’ve ever listened to this cunt speak. 
( If I have, he’s clearly eminently forgettable :lol:)

I’m imagining a kind of even crappier accent than Waddle- Obvious North East accent but tries to sound “phone posh” on certain words and mangles the fuck out it… close?

Here's an artist's impression of Steve from a lad on twitter..... :lol::lol:

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Alex said:

Let’s hope your source is as reliable as usual then

what can i say? i don't think many reporters thought masters had the balls to walk away from that amount of cash

(my source is not luke edwards btw :lol: ) 

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

what can i say? i don't think many reporters thought masters had the balls to walk away from that amount of cash

(my source is not luke edwards btw :lol: ) 

You haven't really got a source have you :D

tenor.gif

18 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

You haven't really got a source have you :D

tenor.gif

i was speaking to two people who were covering the story, one of whom had a direct line to stavely. they kept telling me until close to the end that money talks, the buyers were confident and they didn't think masters had the balls to block it. 

ashley just asserted that the SWF, which is controlled by MBS, is independent from the government of Saudi. what's interesting here is that Ashley has blown up the PL because the spin was that the Saudis withdrew, not that they were rejected. we also now know this has nothing to do with the BeIn/piracy dispute 

on the actual point though,  the PL is correct - the SWF is controlled by the government so de facto the club would be owned by the government of Saudi Arabia

what Staveley tried to do was to correct a shell vehicle and assert the shell was the actually controller and not the government and that the shell vehicle would have its own controls so there was no way the government could interfere. 

so what is ashley doing this? the deal is over, so he's just basically trying to take down Masters. 

maybe it costs him nothing - the fans love it, and ashley also made £14m from the saudis thanks to their deposit, so basically the callum wilson transfer only cost £6m.

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i was speaking to two people who were covering the story, one of whom had a direct line to stavely. they kept telling me until close to the end that money talks, the buyers were confident and they didn't think masters had the balls to block it. 

ashley just asserted that the SWF, which is controlled by MBS, is independent from the government of Saudi. what's interesting here is that Ashley has blown up the PL because the spin was that the Saudis withdrew, not that they were rejected. we also now know this has nothing to do with the BeIn/piracy dispute 

on the actual point though,  the PL is correct - the SWF is controlled by the government so de facto the club would be owned by the government of Saudi Arabia

what Staveley tried to do was to correct a shell vehicle and assert the shell was the actually controller and not the government and that the shell vehicle would have its own controls so there was no way the government could interfere. 

so what is ashley doing this? the deal is over, so he's just basically trying to take down Masters. 

maybe it costs him nothing - the fans love it, and ashley also made £14m from the saudis thanks to their deposit, so basically the callum wilson transfer only cost £6m.

But why is it considered dead then?

If the club and the consortium thought they have done enough and provided enough information for the test to be passed They should appeal. Has this been ruled out?

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official