Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

1 hour ago, Kitman said:

Well they seem to have applied a standard to the bid that didn't apply to anyone else. 

The question has to be asked why the Deputy PM and brother of the President of UAE can own Man City yet a higher standard is being applied here.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The question has to be asked why the Deputy PM and brother of the President of UAE can own Man City yet a higher standard is being applied here.

According to HF, the difference is it's Mansour's personal fund and its just coincidence he's a head cheese in the country. 

PSG is similar to the proposed deal but the Qatari head of state is openly involved in the club. 

39 minutes ago, NJS said:

According to HF, the difference is it's Mansour's personal fund and its just coincidence he's a head cheese in the country. 

PSG is similar to the proposed deal but the Qatari head of state is openly involved in the club. 

HF is increasingly trying to be über-clever and trying to take a different stance.

As all of these states are autocratic systems you can structure the corporate setup however you like but in the end they will always be dependent on the state if it is involved.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Isegrim said:

But why is it considered dead then?

If the club and the consortium thought they have done enough and provided enough information for the test to be passed They should appeal. Has this been ruled out?

it sounds like the saudis have given up, and the PL isn't going to approve it. 

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

what can i say? i don't think many reporters thought masters had the balls to walk away from that amount of cash

(my source is not luke edwards btw :lol: ) 

Was a bit tongue in cheek as I believed the source did have some inside track. I also have little doubt that, because the news is bad and it’s NUFC, then they are correct on this occasion. It will be interesting if this all blows ups with a UK court case or through the court of arbitration for sport or whatever the fuck it’s called. If there’s been a rejection you would have to think the PL would need to justify it in relation to their own test. Although I don’t really know how a body like the PL can actually be called to account when it comes down to it. As I’ve previously said, it seems like Masters has well and truly overplayed his hand. As one of your other replies alludes to I can’t really see it amounting to anything other than Ashley receiving some compensation and Masters will probably just get a golden handshake at worst 

1 hour ago, Isegrim said:

But why is it considered dead then?

If the club and the consortium thought they have done enough and provided enough information for the test to be passed They should appeal. Has this been ruled out?

They can take their money elsewhere tbh. They’ve been insulted by the PL and laughed at by their regional rivals. It being NUFC is probably of little or no consequence to them anyway. If reports are correct that they approached the UK government for help and, given they’re about as much use as a chocolate teapot, they don’t appear to have been able to help then why should they beg for the chance to invest potentially billions of pounds in a sector where their money isn’t good enough?

51 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

it sounds like the saudis have given up, and the PL isn't going to approve it. 

To me it does look they have been back at the table. A decision to not persue it further must have been made between the rejection yesterday and today which seems a bit hasty to me.

43 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

To me it does look they have been back at the table. A decision to not persue it further must have been made between the rejection yesterday and today which seems a bit hasty to me.

i'm just repeating what people who are closer to what's happening than i am have told me. 

that said, i listened to them last time then continued to confidently declare on here that the takeover was on, until quite near the end, so i won't be offended if you doubt what i'm saying

There’s two questions which are nearly the same really. If they rejected the bid then why? If they didn’t reach a decision and refused to give a timeframe then why? I think Ashley may have a case either way. Both circumstances would suggest unfair criteria (within the limits of the test) being applied. 

The way I see it the O&D test and the actual takeover process are intrinsically linked but otherwise wholly separate processes. Once the submission is made for the O&D test they need to respond to it, regardless of whether the actual takeover will proceed.

7 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

That does make a bit sense. PIF not being officially at the table but the club and PCP trying to informally find a solution with the league before putting the bid on the table again.

i think this is exactly what is happening. it's dead, so ashley is going nuclear. no lose for him - he's already won, just missed out on the big prize

11 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i think this is exactly what is happening. it's dead, so ashley is going nuclear. no lose for him - he's already won, just missed out on the big prize

I would say barely alive. Judging by what Caulkin has said there was a some action behind the scenes that also did involve PIF.

But with the amount of conflicting information a lit of it might be semantics.

honestly man, this is fucking ridiculous, what the fuck's going on?

can i get back to wishing all manner of hideously grotesque demises for fat mikey?

is our loveable rogue still gonna sue the arse off masters and his premier league buddies?

or is master's about to sue mad mike for saying nasty things about him last night?

are we nearly rich or still very poor?

so many questions.....

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official