Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

I don’t think it means that much for the PL’s cause even if they are telling the truth on this matter. Because if they are and have basically refused to make a ruling you would imagine that won’t work in their favour if it goes to the Court of Arbitration for Sport. As that clearly seems unreasonable behaviour. They’ve also been very secretive about the whole process, beyond leaking their side of the story to stooges and interested parties, which also suggests impropriety. 

55 minutes ago, Howay said:

Aye, was going to say this Ben Jacobs has been a bit of a bellend throughout iirc.

Does he support one of the so-called big 6, or whatever it is now, by any chance? 

I am really disappointed in the total lack of journalistic scrutiny regarding the conduct of the Premier League. There is hardly any journalist questioning how the process has been handled by the league. Instead there is a handful of apologists who seem to have close ties to the PL and claiming inside knowledge who are leading the discussion (Roan, Jacobs, Slater, Tariq et al). So far thE PL got a total free ride and got away with everything.

It doesn’t help if journalists with ties to the club are not interested in questioning the league either, like Edwards. Kinnear eas probably right about Bird, too,

• Like 2

I imagine the Premier League board are as thick as thieves and quotes are very hard to come by, we already know they meet with the top six outside of the general premier league meetings so the clubs will keep quiet as well.

3 minutes ago, Carl said:

I imagine the Premier League board are as thick as thieves and quotes are very hard to come by, we already know they meet with the top six outside of the general premier league meetings so the clubs will keep quiet as well.

I don’t think they are thick at all. They cleverly bend the regulations to not come up with a decision that coukd get legally scrutinised. It was all about delaying the process to create frustration. That’s why they only started offering the dubious solution of arbitration when the sale agreement had aleady expired after about eight weeks, twice as long as the normal duration of the test.

They haven‘t changed their tactics so far and obviously stuck to moving goal posts. And when everything does seem very n place they go back to square one as they obviously did last week.

21 hours ago, Isegrim said:

I don’t think they are thick at all. They cleverly bend the regulations to not come up with a decision that coukd get legally scrutinised. It was all about delaying the process to create frustration. That’s why they only started offering the dubious solution of arbitration when the sale agreement had aleady expired after about eight weeks, twice as long as the normal duration of the test.

They haven‘t changed their tactics so far and obviously stuck to moving goal posts. And when everything does seem very n place they go back to square one as they obviously did last week.

I was talking via Twitter DM with a very respectable journalist (out of politeness I won't say his name, although I'm sure I could ask to reveal it if required), and he thinks that there are strong disagreements within the Premier League about whether they actually want the takeover to go through or not, which has led to very mixed messages being communicated to NUFC and the buying consortum.

On another note, an opinion I keep reading on Twitter is that Blackstone Chambers wouldn't have agreed to take on Ashley's forthcoming case against the Premier League unless they were sure they had a very strong argument; in your opinion, Isegrim, how much logic is there to this theory?

17 minutes ago, Burb said:

I was talking via Twitter DM with a very respectable journalist (out of politeness I won't say his name, although I'm sure I could ask to reveal it if required), and he thinks that there are strong disagreements within the Premier League about whether they actually want the takeover to go through or not, which has led to very mixed messages being communicated to NUFC and the buying consortum.

On another note, an opinion I keep reading on Twitter is that Blackstone Chambers wouldn't have agreed to take on Ashley's forthcoming case against the Premier League unless they were sure they had a very strong argument; in your opinion, Isegrim, how much logic is there to this theory?

I think the fact that Bush is leaving is no coincidence

26 minutes ago, Burb said:

I think they would have taken on the case nevertheless because it is good money but I doubt they would have gone to the public straight away braggiing about it.

1 hour ago, Isegrim said:

I woukd have respect for this journalist if he was writing something about the divisions in the PL about wanting the takeover to happen.

Well he says that it's "partly supposition", which probably isn't enough to publish such an accusation, particularly given his outlet's whole shtick is quality.

On 9/15/2020 at 20:42, Isegrim said:

I think they would have taken on the case nevertheless because it is good money but I doubt they would have gone to the public straight away braggiing about it.

Unless they believe there's a way to a win I doubt it ??, surely they won't like losing as it'd be bad PR.

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official