Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

Aye :lol: 

I have absolutely zero power over the situation, I think the takeovers dead anyway & the people dragging it out are after YouTube views, like Wraith & the Dentist.

Oh and don’t forget “ladies night”

10 hours ago, Isegrim said:

I only had a look at Stein’s profile and he actually does seem to be a rather competent business man. We’ll see how far those two can push the league.

Seeing as you’re marginally more versed in the rule of law than I am, how do these two have any standing to take legal action? Surely a couple of random fans can’t get anywhere legally?

51 minutes ago, Alex said:

It would be worth it just for Luke Edwards blob strop tbh. But, knowing our luck, it’ll be approved only for the Saudis to have lost interest. 

I thought they already had? The deal is dead isn't it?

45 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I thought they already had? The deal is dead isn't it?

Officially according up them it is. But who knows? The inference seems to be the legal action is to get the takeover approved so it can go through. That’s only one possible outcome, even if the legal action does rule in favour of the club. There could be compensation, etc. 

4 hours ago, ewerk said:

Seeing as you’re marginally more versed in the rule of law than I am, how do these two have any standing to take legal action? Surely a couple of random fans can’t get anywhere legally?

I have actually absolutely no bloody clue when it comes to this regarding british competition law.

I don’t know what Patterson is doung for his living but Stein has probably been involved in quite a few legal cases with his businesses. The QC they do have on their side doesn’t look like a British Lionel Hutz either. At least they seem to be confident of having a case.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

See the usual suspects are wanking themselves daft over this. Never mind that the Saudis are massively involved in F1, golf, advertising on sky etc. I’m more than happy to miss out if this is the reason, but honestly it was never the PL’s concern, it’s delusional to suggest there’s no links to murders and other horrific things from any current PL owners. I don’t have much of a point tbh, I just hope the same journalists won’t be flocking to cover events like the Qatar World Cup and we really can push back against murderous regimes/people getting heavily involved in sports but sadly they will and nothing at all will change, we will still have articles wanking off about PSG etc, the same as they don’t give a fuck about Khashoggi’s death other than it now being a tool to block any takeover. 

Well now that’s over we are probably in a worse spot than pre-takeover talk, with an even more disinterested Ashley :lol: 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Howay said:

I just hope the same journalists won’t be flocking to cover events like the Qatar World Cup and we really can push back against murderous regimes/people getting heavily involved in sports but sadly they will and nothing at all will change,

The fact that it’s still going ahead says all you need to know on that score. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

The fact that it’s still going ahead says all you need to know on that score. 

It's ok, the 6,500 deaths directly related to preparations for the Qatar World Cup were only migrants. 

1 hour ago, OTF said:

It's ok, the 6,500 deaths directly related to preparations for the Qatar World Cup were only migrants. 

All worthwhile considering Qatar’s great footballing tradition, burgeoning population and global reach. Eh Sepp?

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official