Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

We definitely have £45m, we've got loads of cash. Plus Ashley is one of those Billionaires who made a shit ton thanks to the pandemic.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not.

• Haha 1

Just now, ewerk said:

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not.

Me either. 04:00 wake up this morning. I'm not sure about anything.

• Haha 1

:lol: The argument is sound provided we weren’t talking about Mike Ashley. The bloke will make out that the club is completely penniless and basically needs to get a loan to fund a £10m transfer budget. Cant fucking wait until the cunt doesn’t own Newcastle United, whenever that is. 

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

I am not sure what purpose this does serve. They surely must be aware of the hypocrisy. I do remember the suppressing news from the fans forum meetings.

On the other hand I do really think that the PL should aggreefor tge decision to geg published

10 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I’m shocked to see Luke Edwards saying the statement is evidence the takeover is off 

It's evidence of the season starting, tickets to be sold, new shirts to buy and camouflaging the fact that no 1st team additions and Steven Bruce is still the manager.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I'm fairly sure they're waiting for the euros to conclude to see who wins the golden boot

And then buy Stephane Guivarc'h

Luke Edwards has no fucking idea whatsoever. He's not insightful enough to have any clue what that statement might or might not mean - at this point he's no different to some random bloke offering an opinion down at the pub.

Added to that, his original comment somewhat contradicts his previous views on this, does it not? I thought he had said that the takeover was already dead and had been for a year now. His comments suggests that he's now decided that it wasn't in fact dead, but it now is.

I know we know this, but it's worth repeating - he knows the square root of fuck all about this takeover.

• Like 2

Tbh my interpretation is that the takeover is long since dead and last nights statement was an act of desperation. 

I think we’re at the point where Ashley is wanting compensation for himself rather than a takeover being approved. 

In addition, if the initial arbitration was deemed to be invalid it would only start the owners & directors test again with legitimate problems that haven’t gone away. 

• Like 3

What would it achieve as an act of desperation though? I think the very most we can say about it is that it's telling us absolutely nothing other than arbitration is still ongoing, and that the club believes it has a case but has concerns about how 'fair' the final decision will be without public scrutiny. If the club didn't have a case, it wouldn't be clamouring for transparency.

I suppose the other interpretation would be that the Ashley knows he's lost and is seeking to poison the well ahead of the outcome being issued - but I'm not sure what he would stand to gain from that unless he's just being vindictive.

As for the takeover itself, I was under the impression that the Saudis had indicated that they were still prepared to look at this? I can't remember the source though so maybe it was nonsense.

It seems a valid, yet petty point to make. It was obvious already to anyone following that the Premier League are doing anything they can to keep their books shut and the drama under the rug.

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

I suppose the other interpretation would be that the Ashley knows he's lost and is seeking to poison the well ahead of the outcome being issued - but I'm not sure what he would stand to gain from that unless he's just being vindictive.

Which would be wholly out of character.

• Haha 2

Just now, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Last night I dreamt the takepver went through. So that means it is absolutely dead in the water.

Who did we sign in your dream? Haaland, Messi, Shola, Kuqi?

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official