Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

2 hours ago, Polarboy said:

See Carragher was speaking nonsense about the potential takeover. He reckons that regardless of how much money we have backing us up we'll struggle to even break into the top six. So Leicester can come from nowhere to win the league, which granted is never likely to happen again, but they are now currently on course to finish top four for the second time, but that is supposedly close to impossible for Newcastle. Look it's going to take a fair few seasons to build ourselves up again, but if the right people in terms of football director, commercial executives, board members, manager etc are put in place there's no reason we can't continually grow. Maybe we can't spend like Man City did and Chelsea did when Abramovic first came in, but depending on how loose they are going to be with FFP rules post Covid, it might not take us that long to bring in the right type of players. Enough money and the right manager with a good rep behind him to attract players is half the battle. In any case I'd like to see us built up with up and coming players like the Dortmund and or Leipzig model. Maybe I am being a bit naive, but then again maybe Carragher just doesn't want more competition for Liverpool.   

The same bloke was complaining when we played defensively against Man City. Presumably we’re supposed to have a limited squad but still play expansive football and get twatted against the top sides and still be happy. Not to mention the fact that when Liverpool dominated European and English football in the late 70s and 80s they did so by buying all the best players and outspending everyone else whilst being bankrolled by the Moores family 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Isegrim said:

There is a pair of magpies building a nest in next doors garden. As good an omen as they come.

Similar to round ours. I’ve just reversed over a black cat 

• Haha 4

Having a chat with some twat on football365 who reckons that any Newcastle fan who continues to support the club if it's sold to the Saudi's, is at least partially culpable in their human rights abuses. I've pointed out to him that unless you are deaf, dumb, blind, and a hermit in the wilderness you are taking advantage of and enjoying media, infastructure etc that has been funded by Chinese, Middle Eastern, Russian etc money. If we fail the morality test then so does he and the vast majority of planet earth.

Edited by Polarboy

I normally don’t mind Carragher but...

“I think the big thing for Newcastle is that the supporters had a manager they adored in Rafa Benitez and Mike Ashley lost him. 

“They brought in Steve Bruce who I think has done a brilliant job, but he’s still not universally loved up there for whatever reason. I think the interesting thing is will that be one of the first decisions?

“We talk about buying and selling players, the most important person at a football club is the manager. I would love Steve Bruce to get the opportunity to show what he can do in terms of the transfer market.

Clearly he does want us to fail. What kind of numpty would think Bruce should be in charge of attracting high quality players to a club. I don't think even Carragher is that dense.

Edited by Polarboy

:lol: 
The interim being the time between now and whenever the deal is closed/season is officially ended, anything past that and I can’t see Steve Bruce being manager. Why on Earth would the state of Saudi Arabia buy a football club, with a likely aim of increasing a brand to show themselves in a positive light/grow in influence in other areas, to keep a manager on that shouldn’t have a job in the Premier League in the first place and has probably the most turgid brand of football in the PL (statistically the worst or close to worst side in most attacking metrics). 

You have to love the mail and other media outlets, literally calling these people human rights abusers who shouldn’t be involved in football and then genuinely thinking they would think twice about sacking Steve Bruce because he wouldn’t be “getting a fair go”.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

The Mail is saying that Bruce will stay on in the interim as it would be "wrong" to sack him immediately. But, I'm assuming the real reason is that Rafa is going to cost £20 million to buy out of his contract.

I’d love to see their definition of wrong. Presumably it doesn’t include rank hypocrisy 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

The media will be calling our new lot worse than shite until they start granting them all access passes and we get a glowing Amazon documentary showcasing how brilliant we are.

We should make them do this to gain access to the press room 

CVk5WNs.gif

• Haha 2

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official