Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

I think it's fair to say that the journalists aren't winning hearts and minds from our lot on this.

We're going to have a club-wide siege mentality at this rate. As Strawb says, thick skins from here on out. The fact that they're going for the fans is what gets me in particular. We live in a country where the government won't stand up to Saudi Arabia, where the voters don't care about it enough to change that, and where a series of businesses fall over themselves to absorb Saudi money left and right anyway. But no, it's a bunch of long suffering football fans who have to take the moral stand and who will be pilloried for not doing so.

Fuck off. Have the balls to change the whole fucking system or just fuck off. As far as I'm concerned, this is our late stage capitalism dividend.

You're conflating multiple different issues to try and justify this, it's embarrassing for the club for and should be an ethical problem for any none firestick fan.

The fact the current Tory Government wont stand up to this family is no justification for getting directly in bed for them. The fact you disagree with the Government's relationship with Saudi says a lot doesn't it? Ethically it's pretty simple, we are going to be owned by a rotten individual who makes Mike Ashley look like a saint. If you are ignorant of all of this anyway and 'dont care about politics' then whatever but if you are someone who finds the Saudi family disgusting, condems their genocide in Yemen, the assassinations, treatment of women, gays etc then you should be disgusted at this and not at all impressed that the clubs history is now intertwined with the Saudi family. We are meant to celebrate arm in arm with people like that who you would otherwise find abhorrent? You can just look the other way when its people like this.

At the very least, all those who were vocal criticizing Ashley's ethics with stuff like the price hike need to buckle themselves in for a long ride, unless you are a massive hypocrite you should be seething about some of the stuff this lot get up to.

It's dark days and deeply embarassing.

11 minutes ago, Warlord said:

You're conflating multiple different issues to try and justify this, it's embarrassing for the club for and should be an ethical problem for any none firestick fan.

The fact the current Tory Government wont stand up to this family is no justification for getting directly in bed for them. The fact you disagree with the Government's relationship with Saudi says a lot doesn't it? Ethically it's pretty simple, we are going to be owned by a rotten individual who makes Mike Ashley look like a saint. If you are ignorant of all of this anyway and 'dont care about politics' then whatever but if you are someone who finds the Saudi family disgusting, condems their genocide in Yemen, the assassinations, treatment of women, gays etc then you should be disgusted at this and not at all impressed that the clubs history is now intertwined with the Saudi family. We are meant to celebrate arm in arm with people like that who you would otherwise find abhorrent? You can just look the other way when its people like this.

At the very least, all those who were vocal criticizing Ashley's ethics with stuff like the price hike need to buckle themselves in for a long ride, unless you are a massive hypocrite you should be seething about some of the stuff this lot get up to.

We must be getting a big club ,we are attracting new members already

:icon_lol:

• Haha 5

14 minutes ago, Warlord said:

My responsibility to affect this stuff happening is at the voting booth. That's where my responsibility ends. My conscience is clear on that front.

Beyond that, I can't control this so I'm going to find the positives in it. You do you.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Warlord said:

YOU’RE GOING TO HAVE TO SPEAK UP

AE05F414-6D55-4550-B90F-2863AF974564.gif

• Haha 8

27 minutes ago, Warlord said:

Could be worse, we could’ve sang in support of a convicted paedophile, eh? ;) 

• Haha 3
  • Jaysus... 1

11 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

My responsibility to affect this stuff happening is at the voting booth. That's where my responsibility ends. My conscience is clear on that front.

Beyond that, I can't control this so I'm going to find the positives in it. You do you.

No it isn't, no matter how much you kid your self.

Responsibility to effect something does not define moral stance. I have the same opinion on the Saudi's regardless of what the Government does and so should you. Your responsibility is being logically consistent, which would be that you find this group completely immoral. If you agree with that, you look like a bit of an idiot complaining about Journalists and should admit that it's an awful association for the club to have.

Looking at the positives to being owned by a royal family that inflicts genocide on millions, stones gay people to death and suppresses women is a complete cop out. The positive is completely discarding morals, clearly.

Edited by Warlord

8 minutes ago, Warlord said:

Looking at the positives to being owned by a royal family that inflicts genocide on millions, stones gay people to death and suppresses women is a complete cop out. The positive is completely discarding morals, clearly.

So there are positives to take from all this. Glad you agree.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Warlord said:

No it isn't, no matter how much you kid your self.

Responsibility to effect something does not define moral stance. I have the same opinion on the Saudi's regardless of what the Government does and so should you. Your responsibility is being logically consistent, which would be that you find this group completely immoral. If you agree with that, you look like a bit of an idiot complaining about Journalists and should admit that it's an awful association for the club to have.

Looking at the positives to being owned by a royal family that inflicts genocide on millions, stones gay people to death and suppresses women is a complete cop out.

My opinion of the Saudis hasn't changed. They are immoral based on western cultural norms. As is the USA, as is the UK, as is Mike Ashley.

Now what? I just keep finding reasons to be miserable? I didn't make this a race to the bottom, society did. 

This is a football club, not a political movement.

Edited by Rayvin

15 minutes ago, Warlord said:

EssentialQuickBlackmamba-size_restricted

• Like 1

What would you like Rayvin to do? Protesting is out, we have been told for 13 years it doesn’t do anything. Should he stop supporting the club altogether?

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 1

I don't know about anyone else but I'll be whipping myself like Silas in the Da Vinci Code every time we win, so as to appease the moral guardians that are the mainstream press and jealous, sanctimonious opposition fans. :D

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Warlord said:

nice speech.

fuck off.

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

I don't know about anyone else but I'll be whipping myself like Silas in the Da Vinci Code every time we win, so as to appease the moral guardians that are the mainstream press and jealous, sanctimonious opposition fans. :D

Already said to my mates I'll be self flagellating up old Shields Road towards the toon on a match day. :lol:

• Like 1

source.gif

Blue pop works wonders. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

My opinion of the Saudis hasn't changed. They are immoral based on western cultural norms. As is the USA, as is the UK, as is Mike Ashley.

Now what? I just keep finding reasons to be miserable? I didn't make this a race to the bottom, society did. 

This is a football club, not a political movement.

You should immediately stop following football for a start, remember not just Newcastle is involved in this, Qatari money is flowing through FIFA, UEFA, and Paris, along with all of the money the Abu Dhabi group has pumped into numerous clubs around the world, or do we not count any of those because the Saudis do more bad stuff than them?

After you stop bothering with football you might wonder to yourself what should I do with my free time, please make sure you don’t watch boxing (took Saudi money), nor can you watch something like the WWE (again, Saudi money), suppose horse racing and the F1 are out as well? Yep, ok, well maybe don’t look at Twitter as well since they’re involved in that. You likely shouldn’t be driving seeing as Aramco oil is a possible source of petrol, also don’t use Uber. 

I will then need you to google everything SoftBank invests in, as yeah the Saudis are invested in them. That goes with their vision fund that they invested in with Apple and Microsoft (both upstanding company’s you should have zero qualms when using the products of).

You’re getting close, have to stop reading anything the Independent puts out btw, which includes moral compass Miguel Delaney’s latest news on what you should do, unfortunately Miguel’s pay cheque comes from the part Saudi owned paper and he uses Twitter. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

In other news it seems we now have a special friendship like the mackems:

Friends! We need a name as “the two most vile fan bases in the world because they didn’t stand up to Gulf blood money even though absolutely no other area of society did either club” doesn’t quite have a nice ring to is. Not as apt as the Mackem and Everton “bitter little cunts” club anyway 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Howay said:

You should immediately stop following football for a start, remember not just Newcastle is involved in this, Qatari money is flowing through FIFA, UEFA, and Paris, along with all of the money the Abu Dhabi group has pumped into numerous clubs around the world, or do we not count any of those because the Saudis do more bad stuff than them?

After you stop bothering with football you might wonder to yourself what should I do with my free time, please make sure you don’t watch boxing (took Saudi money), nor can you watch something like the WWE (again, Saudi money), suppose horse racing and the F1 are out as well? Yep, ok, well maybe don’t look at Twitter as well since they’re involved in that. You likely shouldn’t be driving seeing as Aramco oil is a possible source of petrol, also don’t use Uber. 

I will then need you to google everything SoftBank invests in, as yeah the Saudis are invested in them. That goes with their vision fund that they invested in with Apple and Microsoft (both upstanding company’s you should have zero qualms when using the products of).

You’re getting close, have to stop reading anything the Independent puts out btw, which includes moral compass Miguel Delaney’s latest news on what you should do, unfortunately Miguel’s pay cheque comes from the part Saudi owned paper and he uses Twitter. 

Thank you for this, my moral purity will now be saved :lol: I'll be living in a tent in the Scottish wilderness somewhere, but at least I'll be holding myself up to an ethical standard only previously achieved by football journalists and lost mackems.

• Like 2

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol:

T-bone steak. Cooked blue? 

• Haha 1

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official