Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

4 minutes ago, trooper said:

What's your gut feeling about this now lads. There seems to be more & more things getting thrown at it on a daily basis. Surely we cant get this close for it get rejected can it ? I'll be gutted if it does I've convinced myself that we'd seen the end of Ashley at SJP

i'm still confident.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, trooper said:

What's your gut feeling about this now lads. There seems to be more & more things getting thrown at it on a daily basis. Surely we cant get this close for it get rejected can it ? I'll be gutted if it does I've convinced myself that we'd seen the end of Ashley at SJP

I think deals off its being too long

11 minutes ago, trooper said:

I think it's knackered also.

In the highly unlikely event that the PL blocks it, the positive thing we can take away from this is Ashley is a willing seller. Whether there is another billionaire out there brave enough to buy a football club in the current climate is another matter.

3 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

It’s all noise. I still haven’t heard anything from my man to suggest it won’t go through 

"Word on the street, Gloomboy..... looking good, my man!"

antoniofargas_Huggy2.jpg

• Haha 4

With apologies to Lou Reed....

Gloom is waiting for his man
Jimbos telly in his hand
Up to Leazes, one, two, five
If he gets in CTs Taxi, he'll be more dead than alive

• Haha 6

Just now, Sonatine said:

With apologies to Lou Reed....

Jimbos telly in his hand
Up to Leazes, one, two, five
If he gets in CTs Taxi, he'll be more dead than alive

was the first VU song i ever heard.

• Like 1

:lol:

I honestly was refreshing Twitter a lot a week or so ago, but I’ve sacked off doing that. It’s just nonsense now, the Chronicle is among the worst offenders as they just tweet out the same story almost hourly. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol:

I honestly was refreshing Twitter a lot a week or so ago, but I’ve sacked off doing that. It’s just nonsense now, the Chronicle is among the worst offenders as they just tweet out the same story almost hourly. 

the same opening paragraph for. every. fucking. article.

good interview on the B&W podcast on the chronicle site,  Kieran Maguire talking about the piracy claims and FFP.

Edited by tooner

I asked “my man“ for an update. He said he’s heard nothing to suggest anything has changed. I haven’t read anything from any reliable sources to suggest otherwise. 

53 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I asked “my man“ for an update. He said he’s heard nothing to suggest anything has changed. I haven’t read anything from any reliable sources to suggest otherwise. 

When did you start capitalising letters?

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

So are we  definitely getting rid of Ashley then ?

Been reading about Jamal Khashoggi and the views and allegiances he held when he was alive. I would never advocate what happened to him happening to anyone, except for maybe rapists and paedo's, but the guy was an Islamist, antisemitic headcase, and it's very unlikely that his wife doesn't hold similar views. So yes, an authoritarian regime murdering a journalist is very, very bad, but the guy was more of an activist for Islamist ideology than he was a journalist, and certainly not as innocent as some would like you to believe. Of course this isn't to dismiss his wife's right to protest his killing, regardless of what abhorrent views she may hold, and he held when he was alive.

25 minutes ago, trooper said:

So are we  definitely getting rid of Ashley then ?

there is a chance the PL could block it but it seems highly unlikely. the good news is he wants out 

38 minutes ago, ewerk said:

When did you start capitalising letters?

my phone auto-corrects my lazy typing, i was posting while sat on the toilet earlier :lol: 

• Haha 3

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official