Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

The attention on Newcastle...

From the back pages to the pink pages, Newcastle United’s journey in the last five months has been an extraordinary one, writes Mark Douglas.

A club ticking along in the Premier League before January has been a major international story in recent weeks, especially after a deal was agreed between a consortium backed by the Saudi Public Investment Fund and Mike Ashley to buy the club.

Monday bought further coverage in the Financial Times (the pink pages, on account of the colour paper it is printed on) with an international banker referring to the PiF’s acquisition of Newcastle.

“It’s going to trigger all sorts of questions, criticism and scrutiny, but the deals will be done,” the source is quoted as saying.

For United fans questioning the current state of play, that might be a crumb of comfort as the wait stretches on. For what it’s worth, the buying side continue to repeat the point that the deal remains on track but with the Premier League’s checks a strictly confidential process there’s no way of knowing exactly when we’ll have the puff of white smoke from the game’s authorities to start looking at what comes next.

United will go from being a sporting story to a political, diplomatic and business issue with one (fairly substantial) transfer of money.

if it's taking this long, i'd wager they've been puffing the smoke too much.

First Time Weed GIF by Cut

FFS. Have the WTO just sped that through or have the PL been waiting for the outcome?

Is the individual named in the criminality behind BeoutQ directly involved in the running and purchase of NUFC?

Also surely they'll appeal it.

If this falls through I think I'm done though. I can't go back to Ashley after getting so close to being the end of his reign.

So, the Guardian is saying the take-over may be in doubt eh.

Well if it falls out of bed for any reason it won't surprise me one bit.

I've had, and still have high hopes,  but I've had doubts since day one, mostly thinking Ashley would pull the plug for some bizarre reason.

If the report was given to the premier league earlier this month, then why didn't they fail the consortium's fit and proper test there and then. Surely we'd have heard about it from the buyers side by now if their approach for the club had been failed by the premier. Unless the premier wanted look into the report themselves, but surely if the report proves clear links, then it wouldn't have taken them that long to follow all the claims up. Fingers crossed this is just a last ditch throw of the dice from the cabal who are trying to prevent this takeover.

21 minutes ago, Noelie said:

So, the Guardian is saying the take-over may be in doubt eh.

Well if it falls out of bed for any reason it won't surprise me one bit.

I've had, and still have high hopes,  but I've had doubts since day one, mostly thinking Ashley would pull the plug for some bizarre reason.

If it falls through it won’t be because of Ashley. At least, not this time. He wants out, finally, and has done since even before covid. That’s the one positive to take away from all of this in the unlikely event that the premier league does block the deal. 

We have to remember that if the PL was to block the deal it’s a much bigger story than approving it. The political/diplomatic implications are massive. I’m not convinced they have the appetite for that battle right now. 

Just the Guardian shit-stirring I reckon. It still hasn’t happened so they’ve regurgitated an old story. The ‘top 6’ supporting football hipster wank stains 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

Just the Guardian shit-stirring I reckon. It still hasn’t happened so they’ve regurgitated an old story. The ‘top 6’ supporting football hipster wank stains 

According to Hope the PL got the report two weeks ago. I think it’s crucial if there was a direct link established between beoutq and the investment fund or the government. Otherwise it will be the same as with the murder of Kashoggi which is highly suspicious regarding the involvement of high profile figures but unlikely to get proven beyond reasonable doubt.

Edited by Isegrim
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

If the report was given to the premier league earlier this month, then why didn't they fail the consortium's fit and proper test there and then. Surely we'd have heard about it from the buyers side by now if their approach for the club had been failed by the premier. Unless the premier wanted look into the report themselves, but surely if the report proves clear links, then it wouldn't have taken them that long to follow all the claims up. Fingers crossed this is just a last ditch throw of the dice from the cabal who are trying to prevent this takeover.

tenor.gif

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

tenor.gif

It was a tad hyperbolic, but I couldn't think of another collective noun to describe the cavalcade of people coming out of the woodwork to object to the takeover. Although in fairness I just did when I wrote cavalcade :D

Edited by Polarboy

:lol:

Quick Test: You feel the turtle’s head, do you …

1- Wait for the match to kick off 

2- Go to the toilet

3- Sexually abuse a 15yr old behind the takeaway, then lay a cable. 

• Haha 1

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official