The Mighty Hog

Newcastle United: Mike Ashley puts Premier League club up for sale

Mate you are genuinely hard work, a bit weird too.

You told me to untwist my panties (twice) and now you’re telling me, and the rest of the board, rest of the world potentially, that you don’t wear panties. Baffled.

21 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Nah, he had to be referring to me B)

Of course I was, and you've won a free trip to Specsavers sans panties if you want.

Others have already pointed out your hard on for Poch is undeserved. A guy who inherited a top 6 squad at Spurs then went on to lose the confidence of the best player the club had seen since Bale.

And to top it off Koeman did a better job at Southampton even after they sold Poch's two best players.

All I have to add is that 18 months before Poch left spurs almost all his best players had started to run their contracts down. They appeared to be motivated by the champions league but not so much the premier league. Then at the start of this season they were so under motivated that they got beat by us at home.  There's better managers out there. Let him go and be Man Utds new Tommy Docherty (ask your dad kids)  We should be looking for the new Keegan. I think he lies to the east... possibly around Leipzig... B)

• Like 4

Poch was inches away from great things at Spurs, his players bottled it a few times when it came to the business end of the season. Although his judgement of not only buying Sissoko but making him one of the first on the team sheet always made me wonder what the fuck he was thinking as that is fucking barmy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dougle said:

Mate you are genuinely hard work, a bit weird too.

You told me to untwist my panties (twice) and now you’re telling me, and the rest of the board, rest of the world potentially, that you don’t wear panties. Baffled.

Weird? Says the person that wrote Irony? and then Time Machine? You were being weird so I gave you a weird response. And in fairness I only meant to question the position of your panties once. I wrote the comment without quoting you, another comment was made in between, so I deleted it and quoted you so there was no confusion. And if it's normal for you to wear woman's panties I'm not here to judge :icon_lol: To be clear though I'm not trying to be a dick, it's just banter as Richard Keys would say.

1 hour ago, sammynb said:

Of course I was, and you've won a free trip to Specsavers sans panties if you want.

Others have already pointed out your hard on for Poch is undeserved. A guy who inherited a top 6 squad at Spurs then went on to lose the confidence of the best player the club had seen since Bale.

And to top it off Koeman did a better job at Southampton even after they sold Poch's two best players.

Others can have an opinion and so can I, and I'm baffled that some on here don't seem to grasp that, but their fanboying for Rafa seems to have blinded them. Not that I don't understand the love for Rafa, I loved him when he was here as well, but I don't like looking back. It's a partially subjective assessment when you get to the top end of coaches in any case. It depends on what style of play you prefer, and if people on here like Rafa's style of play fair enough, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong for preferring another style, again it's just a preference. As for having a hard on for him, it's no more pronounced than the one for Rafa on here, and I would argue bit less so given I haven't said anything that hasn't already been said about him in the media and elsewhere. As for Pochettino's time at Spurs, as I've already said his tenure always has to be seen in the context of Levy's penny pinching. Spurs had one of the lowest net spends in the entire league over his tenure there. I would argue that at crucial times he wasn't given the funds that say Klopp spent on Van Dijk and Alisson, to take them to the next level. Consistently qualifying for the Champions league and nearly winning it is nothing to be sniffed at given the aforementioned. As for Eriksen we have no idea what was going on in his head. He may have just had his head turned as opposed to having fallen out with Pochettino. Even if he did fall out with Eriksen it may have been case of Eriksen just being dick, who knows. And to be clear I'm not trying to start this whole debate over again. I think it's clear that I'd prefer Pochettino and why, which funnily enough isn't a crime :D

Edited by Polarboy

I really don't think anyone on here is a fanboy of anyone tbh. :cuppa:

Apart from King Kev. I'm a fanboy of his I suppose. :lol:

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Polarboy said:

Weird? Says the person that wrote Irony? and then Time Machine? You were being weird so I gave you a weird response. And in fairness I only meant to question the position of your panties once. I wrote the comment without quoting you, another comment was made in between, so I deleted it and quoted you so there was no confusion. And if it's normal for you to wear woman's panties I'm not here to judge :icon_lol: To be clear though I'm not trying to be a dick, it's just banter as Richard Keys would say.

Others can have an opinion and so can I, and I'm baffled that some on here don't seem to grasp that, but their fanboying for Rafa seems to have blinded them. Not that I don't understand the love for Rafa, I loved him when he was here as well, but I don't like looking back. It's a partially subjective assessment when you get to the top end of coaches in any case. It depends on what style of play you prefer, and if people on here like Rafa's style of play fair enough, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong for preferring another style, again it's just a preference. As for having a hard on for him, it's no more pronounced than the one for Rafa on here, and I would argue bit less so given I haven't said anything that hasn't already been said about him in the media and elsewhere. As for Pochettino's time at Spurs as I've already said his tenure always has to be seen in the context of Levy's penny pinching. Spurs had one of the lowest net spends in the entire league over his tenure there. I would argue that at crucial times he wasn't given the funds that say Klopp spent on Van Dijk and Alisson, to take them to the next level. Consistently qualifying for the Champions league and nearly winning it is nothing to be sniffed at given the aforementioned. As for Eriksen we have no idea what was going on in his head. He may have just had his head turned as opposed to having fallen out with Pochettino. Even if he did fall out with Eriksen it may have been case of Eriksen just being dick, who knows. And to be clear I'm not trying to start this whole debate over again. I think it's clear that I'd prefer Pochettino and why, which funnily enough isn't a crime :D

OK mate. Thanks for clarifying .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Isegrim said:

Craig Moore?

Proper player

3 minutes ago, StrayMackemNutter said:

I'd tempt Wenger back into management.

Enjoy Burton 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I really don't think anyone on here is a fanboy of anyone tbh. :cuppa:

Apart from King Kev. I'm a fanboy of his I suppose. :lol:

I’m also a King Kev fan boy. My all time favourite man in football.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StrayMackemNutter said:

I'd tempt Wenger back into management.

A mackem would need to tempt Brian Clough out of the grave, to have any hope of tangible success for your club for the foreseeable. 

2 hours ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

I’m also a King Kev fan boy. My all time favourite man in football.

only a fan boy?

you ever see the movie true romance?

where at the begining clarence worley is chatting to the pissed up marilyn  munroe lookalike and he tells her if his life depended on it and he had to fuck a man it would be elvis presley?

well I'd fuck kevin keegan.

not entirely sure how happy kev would be about that mind, but hey, it's purely hypothetical!

:)

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

only a fan boy?

where at the begining clarence worley is chatting to the pissed up marilyn  munroe lookalike and he tells her if his life depended on it and he had to fuck a man it would be elvis presley?

not entirely sure how happy kev would be about that mind, but hey, it's purely hypothetical!

Tremendous sentiment. But I am scared of you now.

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

only a fan boy?

Are you a sponge or a stone? 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Dougle said:

Tremendous sentiment. But I am scared of you now.

don't worry mate, I only hold a torch for salma hayek in reality.

actually, my appreciation for the way in which lucy verasamy presents the weather seems to piss the wife off too!

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

don't worry mate, I only hold a torch for salma hayek in reality.

actually, my appreciation for the way in which lucy verasamy presents the weather seems to piss the wife off too!

Any port in a storm.

6 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

All I have to add is that 18 months before Poch left spurs almost all his best players had started to run their contracts down. They appeared to be motivated by the champions league but not so much the premier league. Then at the start of this season they were so under motivated that they got beat by us at home.  There's better managers out there. Let him go and be Man Utds new Tommy Docherty (ask your dad kids)  We should be looking for the new Keegan. I think he lies to the east... possibly around Leipzig... B)

You know, I wasn't on the Nagelsmann wagon, I fancied Pochettino, but I picked RBL as my team to watch when the Bundesliga came back in and I'm coming around...

The Telegraph are reporting that Benitez wants to come back, and that he wants to sign Ross Barkley and John Stones. If this happens to be true, and it's a big if to be fair, can we agree that Pochettino signing Sissoko is something that can no longer be held against him when comparing him to Rafa :icon_lol: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/05/24/exclusive-rafael-benitez-wants-make-second-coming-newcastle/