The Mighty Hog

Newcastle United: Mike Ashley puts Premier League club up for sale

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

I've got a thing about black horn rimmed glasses and the need to decorate them..

Fill yer boots

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tom said:

I think I’m actually past caring. 

Me too. My interest died about 11 or 12 years ago, all this has done is give the corpse a jolt or two

• Haha 3

Luke Edwards is fucking buzzing about this new negative report btw :lol: what a total helmet that bloke is. 

To my earlier post I would add I’d find it a bit of a weird stance for the Premier League to reject based on this seeing as BeoutQ has been shut down, if they’re worried about pirate streams blocking this lot isn’t going to improve that is it? Also, isn’t the test applied to the officers and directors? So Al-Rummayyan etc, all of whom are very unlikely to be involved with any of the piracy side surely, we know that the PIF is obviously linked to the Saudi royalty but I’m not sure how much the test really looks through the entities like that. 

If it is rejected I would hope we can also expect to see the Sheffield United and Manchester City ownerships ousted as well (UAE owns a large chunk of Arabsat), although expect we wont. Luke Edwards proving how little he knows about this type of stuff by saying no when people raised this point, he said it can’t happen since they’ve passed the test already, the thing is owners have to be in compliance each year. So he’s fucking wrong about that as the daft cunt has been quite regularly throughout this, he also wrote it was all bullshit when the Company house filing became public as it didn’t make sense to him, he then deleted the tweet when someone explained it to him. 

The media agenda on this whole thing has been bothersome and shows just how slanted all of it is to those 6 or 7 wanky clubs they’ve decided are the top teams. Going to personally have a tough time being arsed about football if they reject this due to some utter wank like a link to a few pirated Bein sports streams.

Edited by Howay
  • Like 3

The reports in the papers paint the document as a bombshell when in reality it’s the output of this https://www.wto.org/english/tratop_e/dispu_e/cases_e/ds567_e.htm , a process that has been going on for some time and with which the Saudis are engaged. There’s an appeal process too. Definitely not an expert but surely this has come as no surprise to the buying side and the impact of it might not be as profound as those briefing the Guardian want. 

The Mail are the only other paper I can see that are also running the guardian’s story this morning, despite the paucity of football news around. Why? There’s nothing new in it 

A friend of mine has been told that since last Friday night apparently the SD signage is quietly being removed from SJP. It's being done during the night so as not to attract attention around the ground during lockdown.Wether it's TRUE or not I've know idea but he said the person who told him lives in the city centre and wouldnt lie about this.  Anyone else heard anything similar?  

42 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Just you hiding in the bushes?

Essembee spotted outside Cummings manor  

42FAAA0E-A28C-4D57-8B4B-33903010DEED.gif

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, trooper said:

A friend of mine has been told that since last Friday night apparently the SD signage is quietly being removed from SJP. It's being done during the night so as not to attract attention around the ground during lockdown.Wether it's TRUE or not I've know idea but he said the person who told him lives in the city centre and wouldnt lie about this.  Anyone else heard anything similar?  

I’ve heard that Paul McCartney died in 1966 and was replaced by a bloke from Clitheroe called Nigel.
Nigel introduced the band to dominos, and they won the North West amateur league in 1967 under the team name Blank Four. 
Don’t know how true it is, but the person that told me is a plumber called Mick. 
:lol:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’ve heard that Paul McCartney died in 1966 and was replaced by a bloke from Clitheroe called Nigel.
Nigel introduced the band to dominos, and they won the North West amateur league in 1967 under the team name Blank Four. 
Don’t know how true it is, but the person that told me is a plumber called Mick. 
:lol:

Thanks for that mate very insightful :razz:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

The Mail are the only other paper I can see that are also running the guardian’s story this morning, despite the paucity of football news around. Why? There’s nothing new in it 

Even Craig Hope and Luke Edwards are saying on Twitter that they still expect the deal to go through (I think even the Guardian reporter who wrote the story is pretty much saying the same thing).  I'm still far from confident it will happen (I don't see how this delay can be good news whatever way you look at it) but the Guardian article definitely isn't the bombshell they were making it out to be.

Edited by David Kelly

This from N.O. 

WTO have commented . . .

“We can confirm that Qatar initiated a WTO dispute settlement case against Saudi Arabia in October 2018 regarding the protection of intellectual property rights and that a panel was established in December 2018 to review Qatar’s claims. The panel proceedings and panel process remain confidential until the final report is circulated to WTO members.”

Someone on N.O. saying its published on the 11/12 June  the wait goes on 

Edited by trooper

There was some gimp on Twitter who posted a pic of him on the roof of a building somewhere overlooking SJP.  He said there was no SD signage anymore.

Yet clearly on the Leazes was SD signage :lol: He was arseholed for it.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Essembee spotted outside Cummings manor  

42FAAA0E-A28C-4D57-8B4B-33903010DEED.gif

Maybe he's a relative. You know in the same way that Gordon Ramsay has about 15 Michelin Stars but he brothers a smackhead.

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

There was some gimp on Twitter who posted a pic of him on the roof of a building somewhere overlooking SJP.  He said there was no SD signage anymore.

Yet clearly on the Leazes was SD signage :lol: He was arseholed for it.

:lol: Even if it was I wouldn’t take it to mean anything. Iirc it happened before when there was takeover buzz and it was just because they were replacing the tatty old signs with their tatty new signs. 

• Haha 2