Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

I’d say it’s Mike Ashley’s penny pinching that is doing damage. £15k pw for a hot prospect in the PL is peanuts.

Is he really worth £30k pw though? Some of our first teamers are on that and he’s played 6 premier league games 

16 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Is he really worth £30k pw though? Some of our first teamers are on that and he’s played 6 premier league games 

Isn't Shelvey on 80 or 90k? I know he's young and inexperienced, but the potential is there, and sometimes you just have to take the chance that young players will fulfil that potential. A player is basically worth how much the next club is willing to pay them, and then you have to make the decision if you agree.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Unreadable. What’s the conclusion? Can you provide any insight beyond what is in the tweet?

Of course it’s unreadable, it’s a legal text and therefore is lacking either common sense or understandability or both. 

14 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

H'way @Dr Gloomman what's your ITK sayin?

More convinced me pissing my knickers early on was right.  Can't see this happening now.

nothing to add, sorry. i'll report back as soon as i hear anything. the last time we spoke he said he hadn't heard anything new to suggest it isn't happening and that the saudis were still confident.

the amount of time it's taking doesn't bode well but as long as both sides remain silent, it still suggests they still want it to go through. that's the big positive for me: even in the unlikely event it still goes tits up, we know for sure that ashley finally wants out. 

If the  PL stop it for commercial/ piracy reasons it'll end up in court. Depends if they think their case would stand up in court v the Saudis I suppose. I imagine that there's 19 other premier league clubs who would rather not see another club with the finances to get a seat at the top table so the pressure will be coming from them to stop it. 

Am still deeply troubled by the whole thing. I honestly couldn't give a fuck if it goes through or not. There really is more to life than money and sporting prestige. The amount of  tossers on social media performing contortions to justify it to themselves is fuckin  nauseating .  The NUFC that I properly loved doesn't really exist anymore.  That's just age but FFS if spring 2020 hasn't taught us that sport isn't really that important then there's not a lot of hope for any of us. If it goes through I'll likely get on board a bit more but it'll never sit well with me. 

• Like 8

58 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Am still deeply troubled by the whole thing. I honestly couldn't give a fuck if it goes through or not. There really is more to life than money and sporting prestige. The amount of  tossers on social media performing contortions to justify it to themselves is fuckin  nauseating .  The NUFC that I properly loved doesn't really exist anymore.  That's just age but FFS if spring 2020 hasn't taught us that sport isn't really that important then there's not a lot of hope for any of us. If it goes through I'll likely get on board a bit more but it'll never sit well with me. 

totally agree. i'm desperate to see ashley fuck off and will no doubt jump on the bandwagon when we buy the title but i won't lose too much sleep if it falls through

17 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

totally agree. i'm desperate to see ashley fuck off and will no doubt jump on the bandwagon when we buy the title but i won't lose too much sleep if it falls through

If this takeover fails, NUFC are well and truly fucked.

The only way we have any chance whatsoever of "getting our club" back  is the takeover happening.

Nowt I or any Newcastle United fan can do about the human rights issues in Saudi, so i will well and truly jump on the bandwagon and still put Saudi petrol in my car 

15 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Isn't Shelvey on 80 or 90k? I know he's young and inexperienced, but the potential is there, and sometimes you just have to take the chance that young players will fulfil that potential. A player is basically worth how much the next club is willing to pay them, and then you have to make the decision if you agree.

True

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

If this takeover fails, NUFC are well and truly fucked.

The only way we have any chance whatsoever of "getting our club" back  is the takeover happening.

Nowt I or any Newcastle United fan can do about the human rights issues in Saudi, so i will well and truly jump on the bandwagon and still put Saudi petrol in my car 

i don't think a saudi-led takeover is the only chance of getting our club back, whatever that means. would saudi ownership mean we get our club back? i dunno

ashley wants out, whether this takeover is approved or not, so there is still hope. but i still don't see the pl blocking it - blocking the deal is a massive story, much bigger than ratifying it 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 4

I understand, but don't wholly agree. Sometimes it's the things that aren't really important that inspire us, bring us joy, and make us who we are. Whilst times like these can drive home the essential visceral realities of being a living organism, they can also show us what we enjoy and hold most dear to ourselves and our identities as sentient beings.

Oh wait, wrong thread, this was a response to CTs sky art in the funny pictures thread.

• Haha 4

There does seem to finally be a genuine desire to sell so while a few months ago I thought if this doesn't go through we will be completely fucked, I now don't feel that.  But the dream of being a force in football will be gone.  This is the last chance to get in amongst the top teams imo.  Unless there is a complete turnaround in football finance (I can certainly see that happening one day but not soon) mega rich owners like the Saudi's are the only chance of a seat at the big boys table.

I’m not just saying this to justify it because I largely agree with PL but one of the reasons I would love to see it happen is the proposed investment in the city as a whole. It might be dirty money but what money isn’t? And given the cunts we have governing us and the world we’re in, seeing as they’re going to spend that money somewhere, it might as well be in Newcastle. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 6

It’s funny how the PL have faffed on and dragged their feet over our ownership structure, yet it seems to me that we are going to potentially lose Matty Longstaff thanks to Watfords dodgy as fuck ownership structure.

If Udinese have really offered Matty £30k a week that would make him their highest earning player, during a time of uncertainty. I’d say there’s a pretty good chance that due to Foreign based clubs being able to approach players before domestic sides when players deals are running out we will see Matty then loaned and/or transferred to Watford shortly after any move to Udinese, due to their ownership of both clubs. 

I understand they need time to look at things in detail, but it’s really becoming fucking farcical now. We are close to transfer windows opening, deals expiring etc so they’re hampering the new owners initial impacts and planning, as well as holding up Ashley’s dealings (while I don’t give a fuck about that they have a responsibility to be as fast as possible). They’ve had ample time by now, it’s irresponsible at this point imo. I understand people are leaning into the rumour they’re waiting for this report to be published, at the end of the day it’s only a guidance report and it’s not legally binding, they have a court ruling rejecting the link. There was also a lawyer on Twitter (I kna) who was saying although it seems clear in the report it’s a hard legal argument to join the BeoutQ - Arabsat - Saudi Royalty - PiF chain, which is what would be required to reject for this. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 6

It's funny that we're so desperate for positive news that some of us are suddenly calling Simon Jordan a straight talker who knows what he's talking about, when he said he'd be very surprised if it was blocked :icon_lol:

I think the drip-feeding of information has been part of a plan to disrupt the process, while acknowledging that it will probably go through in the end, because of the terms of the owners and directors test. 

I have no doubt that elements which may or may not employ the hairy-handed one are having fun giving it to the KSA, and elements in the PL who know which side their bread is buttered are assisting.

If only they checked out the much higher standard of bread available in the Cooking thread (and probably from the KSA) they may get a fucking shift on!

• Haha 2

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official