The Mighty Hog

Newcastle United: Mike Ashley puts Premier League club up for sale

Honestly if this doesn't go through and we're still stuck with Ashley i'm done :lol: 

that slim glimmer of hope and enjoyment being snatched away will have finished me off properly

It’s quite typical that we didn’t just get a failed takeover from some random but we get a 3 month saga that would have made us the richest club in the world.

Its just cruel tbh :lol: 

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Today is the day then eh?

The teddy bears have their picnic? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tom said:

It’s quite typical that we didn’t just get a failed takeover from some random but we get a 3 month saga that would have made us the richest club in the world.

Its just cruel tbh :lol: 

I know I am very very far from the first person to say this, but this is the most Newcastle United thing ever. How the bastard scriptwriters will top this doesn't bear thinking about

• Like 1

The master of putting people down because of their scepticism in regards of performances and Brucey’s ability is moaning about people being to positive in regards to the takeover...

• Haha 1

For what it's worth, I can't see it not happening, given the politics over there the loss of face for the Saudi's (and not just some random Sheik, but the royal house) from being thwarted by Qatar would be unthinkable IMO. It'll get sorted I reckon.

38 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

By the end of the week? :lol:

Yeah the 11th or 12th of June the WTO report is supposed to be published.:razz:

Of course our government are going to support it. The economy is on its arse - they’ll be desperate to flog them more arms 

12 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Of course our government are going to support it. The economy is on its arse - they’ll be desperate to flog them more arms 

I agree.The government aren’t going to come out and say the Premier League have been told,by us,to get it pushed through.

Good point about the economy being on it’s arse and the billions of business between both countries.

Don't forget that Qatar also spunk loads of money in the UK: IAG, Harrods, the Shard and a majority shareholding in Veet to keep gorilla hands presentable on Bein Sports.

• Haha 6

If anyone had any lingering doubt about this not happening, when you get to the stage where Marr is asking the head of the WTO about Newcastle United...  

Premier league simply waiting for the report as cover to say no. :(

I saw Marr today and don't see how you can remotely draw conclusions from what the WTO guy said. In the the whole interview, he talked a lot and said absolutely nothing. 

If CT is of the opinion it won't happen, that gives me confidence it will. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I actually do agree with CT on this one, I fear that that the decision of the PL is relying on the submissions to the WTO and therefore holding back with the decision until the result of the WTO is published.

Well, it was fun for the first four to five weeks to actually look forward to something.

Cans are out of the fridge here to make room for other stuff.