Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

23 minutes ago, trooper said:

With 42 days until the January window closes & the 40 day FA approval & further due diligance something needs to be made official before Friday. Otherwise we're stuck with Ashley for the January window & Rafa still doesn't know what budget he's got.

The new owners can cover any expense in the window and pay Ashley back. Funds being available for the window shouldn't be a problem.

12 minutes ago, The Fish said:

The new owners can cover any expense in the window and pay Ashley back. Funds being available for the window shouldn't be a problem.

Even though they dont officially own the club until the FA approval ?

Edited by trooper

Let's look at it from Ashley's perspective. He sells with a relegation clause, invests big in January and gets his money back on the investments.

Or he holds out til the end of the season, investing from his own pocket to keep us in the division. 

I think he's had enough and would rather just take the money now, investing what he and PCP would both know to be enough to keep us up.

If the valuations are right i read conflicting reports that said PCP had upped the offer from £250 million to £300 the others saying no its still £250 million. Now given Ashley initially wahted £400 million then said he'd take £380 for a quick sale now reports that hecwants at least £350 million without the relegation clause. Now ignoring the clause for a minute there's still a valuation gap of £100 million it's an awfully large gap to bridge.

Edited by trooper

13 minutes ago, rogerbarton said:

Let's look at it from Ashley's perspective. He sells with a relegation clause, invests big in January and gets his money back on the investments.

Or he holds out til the end of the season, investing from his own pocket to keep us in the division. 

I think he's had enough and would rather just take the money now, investing what he and PCP would both know to be enough to keep us up.

We all may think he's had enough but NUFC for Ashley has been the goose that laysvthe golden eggs. The free worldwide advertising alone must have made him a fortune over the last decade. I cant see him giving it up on the cheap

11 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Sounds like itk twat bullshit, I know. But I know someone who is speaking to  Staveley 

An update on Thursday? Tomorrow? My birthday? Please can it be something significant...

The last time I spoke to my guy, it wasn’t great. The impression they got was the deal is still on but it isn’t close because of their differences over the relegation clause and it might be deferred until February, when the new TV deal is announced. So Ashley might still be the one who has to keep us in the division this year. That doesn’t mean it’s off btw, just not as imminent as the leak (which came from Ashley’s side) suggested.

i don’t know if there will be any significant update to that on Thursday, just that that’s when they’re talking again.

24 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Sounds like itk twat bullshit, I know. But I know someone who is speaking to  Staveley 

I assumed you were telling the truth actually, on the basis it's not like you have a track record for being a bullshitter claiming to be ITK. I don't know what you know but guessed you were honestly passing on stuff you'd been told

Obviously the relegation thingv s playing on their minds they dont wantvto be paying premiership prices for a championship club. I dontvlike the idea that fatboy will be overseeing the window he better back Rafa prooerly . He's at least expecting the £30 million profit he made last year anything less & im not sure he'll stick around 

Edited by trooper

You’d like to think that with a relegation and potential collapse of the takeover at stake, Ashley would release the funds necessary to give us the best shot of staying up. Tbf, he does have history of panic buying in similar situations. 

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

You’d like to think that with a relegation and potential collapse of the takeover at stake, Ashley would release the funds necessary to give us the best shot of staying up. Tbf, he does have history of panic buying in similar situations. 

I know what you mean but if he's having to compromise on the price wether it be 250 or 300 thats going to feel like he's lost out. Then if he's expectedvto bank roll Rafa,  again it's costing him. It's not as straight forward as we'd hope.

39 minutes ago, trooper said:

I know what you mean but if he's having to compromise on the price wether it be 250 or 300 thats going to feel like he's lost out. Then if he's expectedvto bank roll Rafa,  again it's costing him. It's not as straight forward as we'd hope.

Ashley doesn't have to bank roll Rafa.  The club can buy players and pay in instalments.  Pretty much the norm in football.  So the new buyer would foot the bill.

It's more likely the buyer is stalling until they feel comfortable we won't go down.  Which at this rate will be May.

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

The last time I spoke to my guy, it wasn’t great. The impression they got was the deal is still on but it isn’t close because of their differences over the relegation clause and it might be deferred until February, when the new TV deal is announced. So Ashley might still be the one who has to keep us in the division this year. That doesn’t mean it’s off btw, just not as imminent as the leak (which came from Ashley’s side) suggested.

i don’t know if there will be any significant update to that on Thursday, just that that’s when they’re talking again.

Alreet, Mary.

1 hour ago, trooper said:

I know the saying "no news isvgood news" but the longer this plays out the less confidentvi become

Mate, the ink could be dry on the deal documents and you still wouldn’t be confident 

30 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Mate, the ink could be dry on the deal documents and you still wouldn’t be confident 

You dont know how much i want to see Ashley out of the club the cheaper the better

56 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Have you got inside information ? 

Will they actually use a fountain pen because I thought they'd just use a biro, a good quality biro mind. 

I wouldn't trust Ashley with a fountain pen, he would smudge the ink for sure, especially the zero's. 

4 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I dont think its happening this side of the summer tbh unless Ashley capitulates tomorrow. If Ashley doesnt blink and Rafa is left to his own devices to keep us in the division why would PCP agree to a deal in February when we wont know our fate till late April at the earliest? and if we go down (and if theyre still interested in buying us/dealing with the fat cunt) theyll be able to screw Jabba on the price. 

Using common sense, It all points to Ashley accepting the offer on the table before christmas. He doesnt want to spend, he wants to sell and has a keen buyer. Why would he run the risk of relegation and losing a third or so of the money on the table now? I dont think hes  for blinking though. Hes cutting his nose to spite not only his face but his "customers" too, the gurning shitgibbon :glare:

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official