Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

I dont think its happening this side of the summer tbh unless Ashley capitulates tomorrow. If Ashley doesnt blink and Rafa is left to his own devices to keep us in the division why would PCP agree to a deal in February when we wont know our fate till late April at the earliest? and if we go down (and if theyre still interested in buying us/dealing with the fat cunt) theyll be able to screw Jabba on the price. 

Using common sense, It all points to Ashley accepting the offer on the table before christmas. He doesnt want to spend, he wants to sell and has a keen buyer. Why would he run the risk of relegation and losing a third or so of the money on the table now? I dont think hes  for blinking though. Hes cutting his nose to spite not only his face but his "customers" too, the gurning shitgibbon :glare:

Aye I'm with you. I can't see it happening

20 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

The last time I spoke to my guy, it wasn’t great. The impression they got was the deal is still on but it isn’t close because of their differences over the relegation clause and it might be deferred until February, when the new TV deal is announced. So Ashley might still be the one who has to keep us in the division this year. That doesn’t mean it’s off btw, just not as imminent as the leak (which came from Ashley’s side) suggested.

i don’t know if there will be any significant update to that on Thursday, just that that’s when they’re talking again.

This was from Gloomy yesterday

38 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Should have known better than to drop the guy bomb in HMHM’s presence.

Going to message my gu....mate later, Troops

Cheers mate fingers toes & everything else crossed. Get the fatboy out for as cheap as possible

1 minute ago, trooper said:

Cheers mate fingers toes & everything else crossed. Get the fatboy out for as cheap as possible

If there is an agreement announced between now and the end of January Troops I'll be on the lookout for snack sized headwear :D

My honest feeling despite people saying he's had enough, he wants out etc, he doesn't really want to sell.  Were else is he going to get worldwide free tv exposure for SD free every fortnight on the scale he gets now. The fact he's got 52,000 paying customers every fortnight is a "Brucey Bonus" If he sells i'll be so happy but deep down i dont think he wants to its worth too much money the football side is a  pain in the arse to him he has to put up with.

Edited by trooper

Exposure for Sports Direct is no use in the Championship. He won't get a better deal than the £300m PCP seem to be willing to offer, if he doesn't sell then the club will probably go down again due to lack of investment, Rafa will leave, the club's value will probably halve and it will be lumbered in the Championship for a few years. 

Ashley not selling makes absolutely zero financial sense for him whatsoever. And all he cares about is money.

8 minutes ago, Haydnator said:

Ashley not selling makes absolutely zero financial sense for him whatsoever. And all he cares about is money.

I fear his ego is even bigger than his love of money.  Hope I am mistaken.

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official