Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

Is there a set of cunts in the world worse than the Saudis?

Assad? Putin? Trump? Islamic state. 

I know we flog them arms and buy their oil but I’m struggling to think of anyone I’d rather see buy the club less than   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

Mike Ashley is just as bad as MBS, he just lacks the opportunity to adequately demonstrate it.

I know he’s a flawed character but I think even he would draw the line at beheading homosexuals or stoning adulterers. 

15 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I know he’s a flawed character but I think even he would draw the line at beheading homosexuals or stoning adulterers. 

Just because it's difficult to hire executioners on zero hour contracts tbh.

• Haha 1

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jan/26/saudi-340m-takeover-newcastle-leak-threatens-deal

In fairness the Guardian are pretty reliable for sport, so that 90% sure it's going to happen line is at least mildly interesting. Although it does seem that it's more if not exclusively from the Saudi side that people are that confident, if you read between the lines. Ashley is nothing if not a fucking mystery to some people, so they could get a rude awakening.

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

We've heard it all before. 

Yep, but the Crown Prince seems a lot more credible than the Man City owners fifth cousin. I'll be very surprised if it happens as well, and a little disturbed at the prospect, but we can only take things at face value as they come, if they come from what are supposed to be credible sources.

Edited by Polarboy

The difference between this and the other takeovers is that it involves parties with proper money rather than some peasant struggling to put together £300m and it has come from the WSJ rather than Keith Bishop having a word with some friendly journalist. 

It’s more likely to happen than previous failed takeovers but that’s not saying much.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The difference between this and the other takeovers is that it involves parties with proper money rather than some peasant struggling to put together £300m and it has come from the WSJ rather than Keith Bishop having a word with some friendly journalist. 

It’s more likely to happen than previous failed takeovers but that’s not saying much.

58669-so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-c-sm9b.gif

• Haha 2

Prince Mohammed is keen to reset Saudi Arabia’s global image and the purchase of European sporting institutions fits the country’s Vision 2030 rebranding exercise, which aims to use soft geopolitical power to encourage, among other things, tourism.

Free package holiday to Mecca with every season ticket 

14 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Prince Mohammed is keen to reset Saudi Arabia’s global image and the purchase of European sporting institutions fits the country’s Vision 2030 rebranding exercise, which aims to use soft geopolitical power to encourage, among other things, tourism.

Free package holiday to Mecca with every season ticket 

As the late Terry Jones (almost) said as the mother of Brian to the three wise men bearing gifts....'Well, if you're dropping by again, do pop in. And thanks a lot for M'bappe and the twenty virgins. But don't worry too much about the suicide jihadists next time, all right? Thank you. Goodbye. Well, weren't they nice? Out of their bloody minds, but still......'

Teyyr-Jones-mother-ofBrian__01.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Fuck this...

Project Zebra’s vision includes not only a £200m investment in the squad but the regeneration of run-down parts of Newcastle in much the same way that Abu Dhabi’s royal family has invested in areas of east Manchester since its 2008 purchase of City.

19 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Fuck this...

Project Zebra’s vision includes not only a £200m investment in the squad but the regeneration of run-down parts of Newcastle in much the same way that Abu Dhabi’s royal family has invested in areas of east Manchester since its 2008 purchase of City.

If the government won't, and these guys will, it's hardly the worst outcome surely?

Decent statement in favour of globalism too.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

The cynical me still thinks that Ashley leaked the story to scupper the deal and to pretend to be a willing seller but buying parties lacking professionalism.

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official