Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

8 hours ago, Tom said:

Imagine Prince Dollar meeting Ashley. They'd probably go to mad expense to make it dignified as fuck and then Ashley would turn up with a sainsburys bag full of papers wearing jeans that you literally can't buy anywhere as they're too ridiculous.

Hello Mr Ashley, I’m sure we will get along just fine, I too spent many years living in Bedouin tents.  

10 hours ago, Polarboy said:

A story from Martin Samuel is out so you can be assured it's basically Ashley's hand up his arse when it comes to its contents. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7935917/SAMUEL-does-billionaire-Mohammed-Bin-Salman-need-fixer-buy-Newcastle.html

The PR wing of Fatley's is in full swing now. My optimism that anything will happen is quickly fading. He seriously asks why the Crown Prince would need a go between in Staveley. As if he's going to show up himself and go for pint with Ashley. What a fucking nonse. Here's a tip Martin, he didn't fucking hand a sack of cash over himself to the people he bought his yacht or artwork off either.

just off the top of me head...

martin samuels, richard keys, dennis wise, rio ferdinand, lee charnley, keith bishop, justin barnes, joe kinnear, alan pardew, steve bruce, peter beardsley....

apart from looking like a who's who of dark web users, they don't have one shred of moral fibre between them.

has there ever been, even once, anybody with any decency or self respect whose been able to put up a viable defence for the repulsive fat cunt?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think the Samuel piece is the end. Ashley did an interview with him when it had all played out last time where he accused Stavely of being a time waster, despite Caulkin having seen 3 separate bids from her all submitted by Chris Mort of Freshfields. He's not selling. Again. 

• Like 2

Then why have they spent 4 months allegedly in talks? We assume his reason for this charade is to win over the fans and secure renewals or whatever. But he's been under reasonable pressure with attendances, enough to offer free tickets even, and hasn't revealed this. It's come out now at a point where he's under relatively lower pressure because Bruce is muddling through well enough. 

It doesn't make any strategic sense for him to leak it now just for a two day boost before he kills it. And it also doesn't make any sense for him to waste 4 months talking to them and permitting due diligence if he has no intention of selling.

So i think he must actually be serious about it.

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Then why have they spent 4 months allegedly in talks? We assume his reason for this charade is to win over the fans and secure renewals or whatever. But he's been under reasonable pressure with attendances, enough to offer free tickets even, and hasn't revealed this. It's come out now at a point where he's under relatively lower pressure because Bruce is muddling through well enough. 

It doesn't make any strategic sense for him to leak it now just for a two day boost before he kills it. And it also doesn't make any sense for him to waste 4 months talking to them and permitting due diligence if he has no intention of selling.

So i think he must actually be serious about it.

Nothing Ashley does makes sense when it comes to us. In his case you can’t use words like strategic and planning except in an ironic sense

Edited by Kitman

If they've genuinely been in talks for 4 months then I do think he's serious about selling. 

No one was screaming at him to spend money this window - in fact, I find myself wishing he had spent about £40m less over the summer. His free tickets move has saved attendances, and while Bruce is playing a style of football last seen in prehistoric times, it's not really like there is united fan sentiment against the club. 

I also think that if a deal is 90% complete, there won't be any counter offers or anything like that. That shit will all have been settled on by now. They'll be in the very final stages of the legal discussions and the wording of the sale.

Also, this was a leak - Its not like anyone knew anything about it for the 4 months prior to that, so why would anyone know anything more about it now? No one knows anything about counter offers, the feelings of the stakeholders, etc. Not unless Ashley himself has chosen to make all of this known, and as I've said, it'd be fucking bizarre for him to play that game for a mere two or three days of attention at a time when he doesn't even need it. 

• Like 1

My guess is this'll go on till the end of February when all season ticket renewals have to be in by including 10/12 year deals. Am expecting another price freeze. Currently £508 a season in the Corner if you signed up in 2008/9. Thousands did..

27 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I also think that if a deal is 90% complete, there won't be any counter offers or anything like that. That shit will all have been settled on by now. They'll be in the very final stages of the legal discussions and the wording of the sale.

i wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if the 10% of the deal that's missing is precisely what russia today have speculated on. ie he retains a stake in the club and gets to keep his tacky advertising plastered all over the ground from foundations to roof.

he's not content to get back the £134m he paid for it, the £70m debt he inherited, the further £70m he apparently loaned us due to his own scandalous mismanagement in running us PLUS £70m in profit.

he wants to keep his chubby little fingers in the pie and it's why we'll never be sold to anybody who wants a clean break. ever.

oh....

he'll probably want the tenner back he spent on joelinton too.

if it was all about squeezing the extra £10m he alluded to in last summers martin samuel 'interview' (i know) then i'm sure saudi arabia being saudi arabia would just pay it surely?

ashley's a cunt, he wants us to appreciate just how much of a cunt he is, until such time as he ceases to be.

“A takeover could be completed in 72 hours” - Jim White SSN.

Such a shame that takes us  all the way to the transfer deadline. What an unfortunate distraction from the clubs genuine desire to buy players! 

Poor Mike, he wishes he could just get on with being a good owner! :( 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

There’s absolutely no chance that it’s anyone other than Ashley leaking this shit. 

It’s all in preparation for the ‘couldn’t do the deal because..’ statement that will come from Ashley in the coming weeks. 

If this supposed offer from one of the richest men in history of the world is true and he ‘fails’ to buy the club from Ashley then we should all give up and accept Ashley is here until he dies, because if this bloke can’t take it from him then no one can. I hate how some of our fans fall for this shite every time.. Ashley knows he can whip up the fan base into a frenzy every fucking time man. It’s as easy as intentionally ‘leaking’ a statement to the press. 

Edited by 247
  • Like 1

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official