Newcastle United: Mike Ashley puts Premier League club up for sale

38 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

The way I m looking at it is when the deal inevitably falls through I will smugly proclaim relief that we aren't owned by the disgusting Saudi regime.

If the impossible happens I won't give a toss. I'm revelling in the hypocrisy.

Won't happen though....

Think this is me too :D

Am wondering if Staveley did actually  have the money first time round and when Ashley turned her down she went running to the Saudis to back her?...or were they there all along?.. 🤔

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've spent many a workday researching CHAPS.

I don’t know Callum.  But you weren’t arsed when it came to your own website (https://realcombatmedia.com), with its in depth coverage of Joshua vs Ruiz II so why are you arsed now? Fuck off

I think it's fair to say that the journalists aren't winning hearts and minds from our lot on this.   We're going to have a club-wide siege mentality at this rate. As Strawb says, thick skin

Posted Images

If we’re rid of The Cunt in the next few weeks, and money is even a tenth as plentiful as we hope, I can see Rafa back here. 
Last time Stavely ( yes @RobinRobin, would :lol:) was after us, she held discussions directly with him, and it was clearly stated they very much wanted him to stay. He was a big part of their plan. 
As has been mentioned, if he did return, he’d hit the ground running. ( It’d also be a huge “fuck you” to Ashley, which is nice).
I also think that given his age, and how long it could take to build the club in to what he and us desire, he could see it as his Grand Project, moving upstairs if he tires of coaching. 
The “hitting the ground running” part is the most important here- he knows the club, 99% of the squad, and the region. New owners will see the value of that, and in a straight choice between him and Forrest Plump, it’ll be curtains for Crisp Boy. 

I’m almost allowing myself to believe :nufc: 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

I think short term until the end of the season we obviously have cabbage heed. 

This is just mental thinking who is going to replace him etc. Mental. 

I think it would be reasonable to keep Bruce until the end of the season given where we are. With that in mind I hope their first act is to sack him with immediate effect 

• Haha 3

Just like when the mackems got bought over and they got the fans in to install the new seats I think we should have an open day where the fans get to come in and rip down every piece of that shitty Sports Direct branding.

Edited by ewerk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Fcuk me, it could be the sun, but I am having heart palpitations!

BTW, when is @Gemmillop.  Stay safe safe sweetheart, hope it goes ok x

Had a check on Tuesday and put straight on a list for the op which was yesterday. All fine, cheers for asking. A bit sore but just watching the fucking telly (again!). 

• Like 7
20 hours ago, Tdansmith said:

It's a matter of time before failed crystal palace owner simon jordon say's he was correct all along about ashley selling, richard keys will no doubt say the new owners should never go back to Rafa, rio ferdinand will design a thawb and kevin nolan will say he never wanted to manager NUFC.

This takeover situation will give Jordon another opportunity to say we’re only a big club in Newcastle .He’s the only one ,apart from the mackems,who goes on about certain clubs being bigger than others.

37 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I doubt it, inflated advertising deals are one of the ways to get money into the club while avoiding FFP rules.

Aye, they'll come down. If for no other reason than £2m for the amount of the stadium that's covered is a fucking piss take.

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the sports direct adverts stay. Especially if Ashley thinks the club will do a Man City in the coming years 

As well as what ewerk said, I just get the feeling he needs the money so isn’t in that strong a bargaining position. Given his history I can’t imagine him selling unless he thought he had to

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

As well as what ewerk said, I just get the feeling he needs the money so isn’t in that strong a bargaining position. Given his history I can’t imagine him selling unless he thought he had to

Which will make this all the sweeter- he’s going because he’s in trouble. 
I hope he loses the fucking lot, and ends up drinking White Lightning from the bottle in a park. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1