Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

10 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Just read this myself. Has made me feel bad a bit, but mostly because of the resignation of the author to the fact that the game is up and the sport is fucked.

And yes, it is. But if it's going to happen it may as well be us - and if it's going to be us, I may as well enjoy it.

18 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Did a quick search for "Sheffield united takeover guardian" which showed up no results, tried the same for Man City and found the 2009 headline "How the takeover of Manchester City came just in time to rescue a club in disarray".

He's right of course, but I agree with Rayvin.

• Haha 1

Martin Samuel, with Ashley's hand up his arse more than likely, wittering on about the Saudi's haggling over the difference between Ashley's 340Million valuation and the 300 we've seen reported. This article worries me given that Samuel is seen as Ashely's minion. I don't have an adequate description for what should happen to Ashley if he fucks this up at the last minute for an extra 40 million. I was under the assumption that the price had been agreed? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8227639/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Toon-takeover-ringing-loudest-alarm-bells-Newcastle-United-sale-looms.html

4 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Even Edwards isn’t spoiling the party and trying to appease the new owners.

Just wait till tomorrow’s 2000 word article on why Bruce is the man to lead us to PL glory.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Martin Samuel, with Ashley's hand up his arse more than likely, wittering on about the Saudi's haggling over the difference between Ashley's 340Million valuation and the 300 we've seen reported. This article worries me given that Samuel is seen as Ashely's minion. I don't have an adequate description for what should happen to Ashley if he fucks this up at the last minute for an extra 40 million. I was under the assumption that the price had been agreed? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8227639/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Toon-takeover-ringing-loudest-alarm-bells-Newcastle-United-sale-looms.html

It’ll be tough to find such a meandering, confusing article as that throughout the whole process.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

If it’s at the PL for fit and proper test everything is agreed pending that. The fat pig Samuel is just fishing for clicks. I don’t get the “but if they don’t just stump up exactly what Ashley wants are they really that interested”, that’s not how things work people try and pay what they value the asset at or get it for a cheap as they can, why would they simply pay whatever Ashley wants? Also using his shit analogy, would the person on £30k a year happily pay an extra £4.50 for their pint? I don’t think they would. In fact from their perspective he fucked the deal up once, and now they have him in a more desperate position (since he probably wants liquidity to buy SD) why would they give into him ?

Edited by Howay
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Fat pig.

It is nonsense to compare the sale of Manchester City with ours. The club wasn’t on the market then therefore people not looking for a buyer. The deal then went very smoothly with no obstacles from the seller while Ashley has made it rather hard with us.

I guess it’s different this time though. After last summer’s fiasco Ashley should be aware that failing to sell the club this time will lead to more people staying away and more bad publicity. It would be a huge mistake. Hopefully too huge even for the fat cunt.

Edited by Isegrim
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It’ll be tough to find such a meandering, confusing article as that throughout the whole process.

Yeah, I had to read it again there. I think what he was trying to say was that we shouldn't trust the Saudi's because they didn't immediately crumble and pay Ashley's overvaluation of the club. My earlier assumption that he was saying that the price wasn't agreed is likely wrong. Samuel and I think a few others have had this retarded logic as well. It's like why don't people who are stupidly rich just spunk money on something that's overpriced. Well I think you'll find people who get that rich don't overpay for things, if nothing else than for the fact that you need to be seen as savvy when it comes to negotiations. And IIRC didn't someone say that given the inevitable economic downturn the club was closer to 250 million in value. If that's the case the Saudi's are still overpaying.

Edit. Oh and Samuel goes on about the process being torturous, and of course doesn't even entertain the notion that it was Ashley's fault that it's been that way. Top notch journalisming from Samuel as usual. 

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 1

I have to say that the importance of “sports washing” seems grossly overstated imho. In the end it’s the Saudi State associating itself with western culture and a lot of things going with it and contradicting their moral values. They hardly will convince fans to stop drinking or betting. But they will also hardly be able to change the perception of Saudi Arabia’s human rights record. It’s not as if anyone but maybe some blinkered fans will say: “Of course their treatment of infidels, women, pooftas and journalists is bad, but you know they finance Newcastle and haven’t beheaded Luke Edwards (yet), so it’s not all bad.”

In contrast exposing themselves on the football platform might rather draw them into the center of attention.

Edited by Isegrim
  • Like 1

I don’t want the medieval cunts to own us but there’s fuck all I can do about that...the amount of self righteous pricks including lots of famous journos having the gall to call out supporters on this though when they’re completely ignoring Staveley & the Reuben brothers l being in bed with the fuckers is really starting to boil my piss. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Fat pig.

It is nonsense to compare the sale of Manchester City with ours. The club wasn’t on the market then therefore people not looking for a buyer. The deal then went very smoothly with no obstacles from the seller while Ashley has made it rather hard with us.

I guess it’s different this time though. After last summer’s fiasco Ashley should be aware that failing to sell the club this time will lead to more people staying away and more bad publicity. It would be a huge mistake. Hopefully too huge even for the fat cunt.

The value of every premiership football club is about to plummet and Ashley knows it. The world is about to go over an economic cliff.

It’s absolutely the right time to sell. If he contrives to fuck it up, it could be another decade before he gets an offer as good as this.

This is happening.

Edited by Dr Gloom

11 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I don’t want the medieval cunts to own us but there’s fuck all I can do about that...the amount of self righteous pricks including lots of famous journos having the gall to call out supporters on this though when they’re completely ignoring Staveley & the Reuben brothers l being in bed with the fuckers is really starting to boil my piss. 

As if the fans can do a anything about it.

support the team, not the regime, wasn’t it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

As if the fans can do a anything about it.

support the team, not the regime, wasn’t it?

Media told us to be happy with Ashley, insinuation was he was little more than we deserved...

Now they’re telling us to be furious with the Saudis....am guessing they’re a lot more than we deserve?  🤔

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Speaking of self righteous this is a conversation I had with someone on football365 if anyone is interested, you probably aren't to be fair :D Edit. I'm Kevin in the small chance there is any confusion.

Sam Graham

Although I have no connection with them, I have always had a soft spot for Newcastle United (a romantic love in the 90’s, perhaps more just pity recently). If they become Saudi owned, all of that good will will evaporate.

And which institutions and governments do you think aren't swimming with money from Middle Eastern, Russian, Chinese etc sources. I'm afraid there's no way of getting away from it. The reality is that moral hand wringing in the face of that is sanctimonious.

edited

No. There is nothing sanctimonious about it. Using a faux intellectual macroeconomic argument as dispensation for immorality is to simply condone it. It is not clever, nor is it right.

"It's not clever, nor is it right." Did you have a wistful glance into a mirror when you were writing that? This conversation reminds me of moral busybodies and supposed activists who get up on their soap box for anything, and when you point out they have an iPhone they're like, we still have to, like, live in the world man. And it is sanctimonious to be so personally moralistic and black and white about it, because you and everyone else is connected to and enjoying some aspect of society that is funded by such monies.

Things become less black and white by degrees of separation. The money spent by perpetrators of evil permeates society at all levels, well done captain obvious. So we are all indirectly compliant and therefore morality and bare minimums cease to exist?

Nice try. Still not clever. Still not right.

Morality still exists and so does reality. And please tell me exactly how morally culpable Newcastle fans should be for Saudi human rights abuses should they complete the deal to buy the club. I assume you're English, so by virtue of living under that government and taking advantage of the NHS, national parks, roads etc, how culpable are you for British arms sales to the Saudis among other highly morally dubious decisions? The 5G deal with Chinese for another example.

Not English.

Newcastle supporters who are in favour of their club being owned by Saudi abusers of human rights are indeed culpable. Those who are opposed are not at all sanctimonious.

And the British people do, in theory at least, have the democratic opportunity to object to dubious decisions (or endorse them as is their want). Do they have an alternative to national healthcare? Are those who disagree with government decisions morally bound to withdraw from society as protest?

The crimes of yesterday do not justify those of tomorrow. And portraying the "taking advantage" of national services and infrastructure as culpability is simply laughable. It is so indirect as to be virtually non-existent.

Your arguments are simplistic absurdities.

It's not a case of being in favour of the Saudi's taking over, it's what appears to be happening whether we like it or not. I'm sure if you were to ask the vast majority of Newcastle fans they'd much rather much more altruistic and moral financial backers, but what is it that you think Newcastle fans are morally duty bound to do? Are we supposed to stop supporting the club? Should we be out protesting the Saudi's every day and night?

And once again I'll ask you, exactly how morally culpable are Newcastle fans for Saudi human rights abuses, if they continue to support the one club in their city that they've grown up supporting? As for my arguments they are only marginally more absurd than making Newcastle fans morally culpable for the crimes the Saudi's commit, by continuing to support a team that they had no part in selling to them in the first place.

And the point I was making with my examples was that there are things that happen which you have no control over but which make you party to immorality. To restate it one more time, by your logic above as long as you don't actively endorse the immoral overlords, and aren't directly taking advantage of their blood money, it's unreasonable to place too much blame on yourself.

No. Your point was that having a moral objection to human rights abusing owners was sanctimonious.

It isn't.

Tw t.

Lol, the name calling has come out. You know what they say about the people who are first to hurl insults in a discussion. And no I did not say or imply that objecting to human rights abuses was sanctimonious. Although it definitely can be dependant on the tone, content and obvious aim of the person who's voicing concerns, i.e sanctimonious moral grandstanding to make themselves feel superior while achieving nothing else. What I said was that it's sanctimonious to be so black and white when stating what you think Newcastle fans should be feeling about it because it's hypocritical, given all our hands are dirty to some extent in a world where morally questionable money is invested in every part of our lives, and most things we buy are made by virtual or actual slave labour. I've repeatedly said it's perfectly reasonable to bring it up, but you at least have to concede that it's not an easy situation for Newcastle fans, nor are we in anyway complicit in Saudi human rights abuses regardless of what happens. And once again you've failed to answer any of my questions.

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Fuck them. 
When we lift our first trophy, they’ll be wringing their soft little hands, you’ll be getting so lathered the neighbours will take you off the Christmas card list. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Howay said:

I think the last sentence is the crux of it. We are going to get an absolute pasting off the press as worry sets in that the media darlings may have another contender for their ‘top six’, fully expect it to become a ‘top seven’ of this lot spend and progress as we hope as they’ll not want to state any of their favorites to not be part of the elite group. 

I can see it taking a while regardless of backing, and it’ll likely be a targeting of young high potential players to grow the club, then use increased fund availability and growing standing to hold onto them. I think the Leipzig reference is a good one, with the additional bonus of being able to spend more than them due to the higher income of PL sides. 

It'll be even better when they cancel this season and don't award the title to Liverpool.  Then we win in next year :nufc:

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Media told us to be happy with Ashley, insinuation was he was little more than we deserved...

Now they’re telling us to be furious with the Saudis....am guessing they’re a lot more than we deserve?  🤔

Aye, I’ve come to expect no less from most journalists tbh. Most tend to be nothing more than WUMs with a greater vocabulary:

This tweet was linked by prominent German Journalist Rafael Honigstein, in reference to Delanys piece as well as a few other little jabs he aimed at the fanbase. Again that’s the fan base this is all aimed at. 

Now I know this new bunch are pretty abhorrent, but where we’re all these journalists when we were railing against Ashley for 13 years? Where were they as Ashley took a club that had recently played regular European football and cheapened them out and drove them into the dirt to the tune of 2 relegations, basically never getting past the 3rd round of any cups, let the stadium and facilities rot to shit, tried to embarrass any club legend we had while essentially mocking and laughing at the fans. Did they stand up and say that football has gone to shit and he should never be an owner? No, they generally ignored him, or wrote a little piece about it when the fan pressure ramped up at a point or he done something particularly bad so they could cash in on some clicks, before going back to ignoring it. 

Little to no doubt many will be wanking off about NUFC years down the line if this lot do pile money in and have us in a position like Man City are now, which is what many currently do over Manchester City games. 

• Like 6

That Glendenning really nails his point in the responses:

666FCCC7-F65E-4365-B310-4E7B409C4AF3.jpeg

37B1038A-CEF3-429F-95A4-DEF1A1DBCFD7.jpeg

So, essentially he’s perfectly fine with Delaney saying he’s uneasy/having a go at the Saudi Royal family, while he also takes their money since they pay a portion of his salary through part ownership of where he works, but it’s totally impossible for a fan of Newcastle to be uneasy with the new owners but still support the club. Bizarre and completely ridiculous take and logic. 

Apparently he’s a mackem that works for talkSPORT? Makes sense he’s an utter fucking knacker. He’s getting beyond wound up in the responses as well :lol:.

Edited by Howay
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official