Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

11 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Pochetoono, more like.

damn straight absolutely no way would i want him here.. (Poch or bruce..ok Poch)

It's Rafa for me and only Rafa, he understands the fans, loves the fans and knows how to win.

Give that Spanish fella a few quid to build his team and we will have a chance of actually winning something

• Like 1

I think Rafa would be the wisest choice in terms of rebuilding a club. Poch in fairness did it at Southampton and Spurs, but I think Rafa edges it because of his familiarity and connection with the area as people have said. He could jump right in and likely already has plans to implement. To be clear though I would not be disappointed if Poch got it. No point acting spoiled before we're even sold. :D

• Like 1

Joe public asking the government to intervene... never gonna happen 

Saudi Arabia and the United Kingdom are strategic allies.[4] There are more than 200 joint ventures between British and Saudi Companies, worth $17.5 billion, and some 30,000 British nationals are living and working in Saudi Arabia as well as nearly 100,000 Saudi nationals living in the UK. Saudi Arabia is the United Kingdom's primary trading partner in the Middle East and the United Kingdom is Saudi Arabia's closest European ally.

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I’m laughing because that statement is so completely ridiculous in the context of the past 13 years 

Hopefully in the context of the first week of May it will be a very real consideration though. We'll just have to get used to shopping in Harrods :icon_lol:

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Joe public asking the government to intervene... never gonna happen 

Aye, no chance the government would stop this. The BeIN letter is essentially unfounded allegations (regardless of how likely people think it to be the case) which the PL won’t consider. It’s happening. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:
That’d be ancient history for my interwebs searches, tbh.

I like a far more sophisticated ( depraved) type of grot these days :lol:

Anyway, all this talk of medieval regimes killing people has got me quite stressed- I’m off to relax by killing the absolute fuck out of anything that moves in Assassins Creed Odyssey. 

Bet you’re playing as Kassandra and sleeping with all the ladies :lol:

7 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

EWOsd0iXgAACBRi?format=jpg&name=900x900

This is the pie chart of the Premier League's wealth. Please welcome English football's new overlords.

Cunts can't even spell our name correctly!  :mad:

10 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

it was the legal systems we were talking about

I know. It’s not like it’s irrelevant to the debate though

53 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Flags and clapping ffs :lol: Note that his form of protest doesn't include not going to the match because he'll not want to miss us winning anything.

Exactly. To me its just fairly pointless gesturing, so the bloke can go on twitter and say he’s done something. Maybe he should grow some balls instead.

I’m going to make a proper protest and stay away from the ground completely. That’ll show them.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Alex said:

I know. It’s not like it’s irrelevant to the debate though

America is a fucked up place on many levels but the US and Saudi legal systems are chalk and cheese 

10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

America is a fucked up place on many levels but the US and Saudi legal systems are chalk and cheese 

I’m not sure what you’re not understanding about opening up the debate tbh. 

America is fucked like. I just re-read the discussion from last night and I don’t see anyone disputing that. I had the chance to work there a couple of years back but it fell through. And I’m glad it did in hindsight. Mrs G talks about it all the time - she’s well relieved now, not to be living in Trumpland, particularly during this crisis.

Edited by Dr Gloom

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

I’m not sure what you’re not understanding about opening up the debate tbh. 

There is no need to broaden the debate - I agree about a lot of the other stuff that has been said more broadly about America and its foreign policy. But the legal system comparison was plainly nonsense. 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

There is no need to broaden the debate - I agree about a lot of the other stuff that has been said more broadly about America and it’s foreign policy. But the legal system comparison was plainly nonsense. 

But people say country x is worse than country y because of z. As though you don’t need to look at the bigger picture. That said, the US legal system seems to be utterly fucked at almost every level. Putting that aside though, one of the reasons (the main reason) the Saudi state is able to act almost with impunity within its own borders and within the region etc is because of its close and long standing historical alliance with the most powerful nation on Earth. So US foreign policy is relevant to the discussion 

Edited by Alex

Our alliance with these fuckers does rather undermine our criticism. You can be critical of the Saudi regime, which by modern Muslim standards is barbaric, and the west for facilitating the regime as long as we keep buying their oil and selling them our arms.

10 hours ago, Howay said:

I don’t love giving them the views but it’s a fucking fantastic watch :lol: the indignation from these two arseholes is immense, meanwhile everyone fuming about human rights abuses and these two are whinging about claims of piracy :lol: Andy Gray just chipping in with a “too right” every now and again. What a pair of helmets. 

The pair of them are nothing more than mouth pieces for Qataris. This video shows that in a really embarrassing way. 

Too right. :good:

• Like 2

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official