Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

2 hours ago, Howay said:

We haven’t even been taken over yet but are occupying prime spot in the heads of these vapid, pointless “journalists”. 

Glendennings mate getting in, reckon old barry has been twisting that hes been getting dogs abuse for his nonsense.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Howay said:

We haven’t even been taken over yet but are occupying prime spot in the heads of these vapid, pointless “journalists”. 

Southampton, so good they named it twice. Unlike Norwich. 

• Like 1

Funny how the rest of the countries “stay in your lane, you Geordies” sentiments come out in times like this. We’re not allowed to actually enjoy anything, players won’t want to come because the north is a shithole and we’re all too stupid to grasp that the Saudis have done some bad shit. I’d want to be cut adrift from the lot of them if I didn’t want to categorically smash all their football teams to bits in the next 4 years.

• Like 8

Still torn...I had to have several large whiskies before I could face the Tory cunts in the street tonight though so am currently in a  “LETS SIGN HAALAND AND WIN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE IN SIX MONTHS YOU JEALOUS BITTER CUNTS”  frame of mind :)

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Glendennings mate getting in, reckon old barry has been twisting that hes been getting dogs abuse for his nonsense.

He's a fucking knacker, mind. Honestly don't get it but he's on talksport so maybe it's self explanatory? I think they think he's some sort of wit? By their standards he probably is but he's genuinely a bit of a boring cunt iyam. :cuppa:

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

He's a fucking knacker, mind. Honestly don't get it but he's on talksport so maybe it's self explanatory? I think they think he's some sort of wit? By their standards he probably is but he's genuinely a bit of a boring cunt iyam. :cuppa:

Former soccer am host. Took over from James Richardson on the guardian football podcast shortly before I stopped listening to it, I've never heard him offer an interesting or thought out opinion on anything.

• Like 1

The switcheroo begins lads! Martin Samuel has started sucking up.

Nailed on a load of the critics will be switching over the coming months so that they can enjoy their free tickets and hospitality, access to players etc.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Andrew said:

The switcheroo beings lads! Martin Samuel has started sucking up.

Nailed on a load of the critics will be switching over the coming months so that they can enjoy their free tickets and hospitality, access to players etc.

Aye he’s sharp changed his tune from last week. I agree with his points on FFP, that it’s set up to stop Man City type clubs rather than help avoid clubs going bankrupt. However, I can’t see it that the potential new owners don’t have a plan of working within, and succeeding within, the FFP framework. FFP’s been around a while at this point, and this lot are clearly very sophisticated and are surrounding the bid with very switched on people. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Funny how the rest of the countries “stay in your lane, you Geordies” sentiments come out in times like this. We’re not allowed to actually enjoy anything, players won’t want to come because the north is a shithole and we’re all too stupid to grasp that the Saudis have done some bad shit. I’d want to be cut adrift from the lot of them if I didn’t want to categorically smash all their football teams to bits in the next 4 years.

Aye they hated that we liked Benitez. Hated it. 

19 hours ago, Kitman said:

Exactly. To me its just fairly pointless gesturing, so the bloke can go on twitter and say he’s done something. Maybe he should grow some balls instead.

I’m going to make a proper protest and stay away from the ground completely. That’ll show them.

Me too :aussie: :nufc:

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Howay said:

Aye he’s sharp changed his tune from last week. I agree with his points on FFP, that it’s set up to stop Man City type clubs rather than help avoid clubs going bankrupt. However, I can’t see it that the potential new owners don’t have a plan of working within, and succeeding within, the FFP framework. FFP’s been around a while at this point, and this lot are clearly very sophisticated and are surrounding the bid with very switched on people. 

I was going to mention this.  He has changed his tune, and I expect his mate Ashley has told him it is happening.  Interesting point about FFP.  Essentially, being completely leveraged with huge debts is much more acceptable (if you are a white American) that completely debt-free and willing to invest in the club and community (if you are from the Middle East).  

Is that perhaps slightly racist? :unsure:

9 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Michael Bridges recons Bruce has done an 'amazing job'  Thick fuck.

And was always a Spurs supporter, anyway.  His insight on football in Oz is only worthwhile because of the muppets who sit with him, i.e. the best of a hopeless bunch of sycophants.

2 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

And was always a Spurs supporter, anyway.  His insight on football in Oz is only worthwhile because of the muppets who sit with him, i.e. the best of a hopeless bunch of sycophants.

Exactly, he knows more about the Newcastle United Jets than he does about NUFC.

5 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

And then their tune changed to telling us why exactly we shouldn't love him so much. Like the silly Geordies needed an explanation about why he hadn't actually done a good job and everyone else actually knew better.

5 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Because that didn’t conform to their lazy stereotypes. 

If true, would it be reasonable to surmise that they're potentially happy to spend about that much money?

If the whole deal is to make money then clearly no, but if it's just sportswashing and PR then..

The only thing with that I guess is why Staveley and the Reubens would have gone for it.

They’d probably make that back fairly sharpish with Man Utd because their sponsorship and commercial deals are leagues ahead of ours. The lack of money we make on the commercial side of things is embarrassing. Largely because we exist as a way for Ashley to beam Sports Direct across the globe.

11 hours ago, Andrew said:

Former soccer am host. Took over from James Richardson on the guardian football podcast shortly before I stopped listening to it, I've never heard him offer an interesting or thought out opinion on anything.

For clarification, it was Glendenning I was talking about but probably just because Rushden has largely passed me by.

11 hours ago, Andrew said:

The switcheroo begins lads! Martin Samuel has started sucking up.

giphy (17).gif

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official