Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I am looking forward to FacundoFerrerya96's planned protest though. Maybe spell out "SAUDIS R POO" in skywriting.

It’ll be the League One version- some bloke in a hand-written t-shirt “ Blud on ya’s hands” riding his son’s BMX down Wessington Way, posted on Tik-Tok. 

• Haha 3

:lol: He’s pathetic. It would be fantastic to see all this go through, Bein to end up bankrupt as the Saudis beat them out on the next TV rights deal, and the Saudis turn around and sue Keys for his throwing around of accusations as fact. 

The part that makes me laugh the most about all these journalists suddenly on their high horse, is that if they were successful and the bid was blocked they’d all pat themselves on the back, then immediately start writing articles about how shit we are, and questioning why we sat back and got mullered the next time we played Man City. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: He’s pathetic. It would be fantastic to see all this go through, Bein to end up bankrupt as the Saudis beat them out on the next TV rights deal, and the Saudis turn around and sue Keys for his throwing around of accusations as fact. 

The part that makes me laugh the most about all these journalists suddenly on their high horse, is that if they were successful and the bid was blocked they’d all pat themselves on the back, then immediately start writing articles about how shit we are, and questioning why we sat back and got mullered the next time we played Man City. 

I’d agree with most of this, except the bit about them sueing the Velcro Beast. 

It’d be far funnier if they offered him a job, just to watch the twat back pedalling like Eddie Merckx as he smelt the money. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

and a profoundly stupid one at that.

doesn't he know that as a coventry supporter he's supposed to a bitter enemy of the mackems not us?

No one cares about sunderland though. ;)

Nice summary of the Saudi 2030 vision, of which the NUFC deal is no doubt a part. I must have missed the outcry when WWE signed a deal with the Saudi’s.

Stuff in there about increasing parity for women etc. which I’d imagine is part of their defence in discussions with the premier league 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_Vision_2030

Although I can’t see this mobile app catching on over here anytime soon 😳 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absher_(application)

If the takeover goes through, NUFC fan will have a global platform to push back against shit like this

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_anti_male-guardianship_campaign

It might be pie in the sky, but the hypocrisy of thousands of women attending NUFC games in England when they can’t even get a job without permission in Saudi is going to be a difficult one to spin for MBS

https://www.thenational.ae/world/mena/saudi-arabia-to-abolish-flogging-as-punishment-1.1010649

Edited by Kid Dynamite

Agree with the above points by KD, also think it highlights in a way that if people are interested in trying to change the house of Saud then allowing them to invest and become involved in western culture is a potential avenue. Shutting them out surely severely hampers the chances of them changing at all, and if anything could make them worse.

I’m not going to pretend that that’s my main motivation behind being excited about this takeover, but there’s an argument to be had there.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Surly this cant be true?  Unless they've already lined up a manager?

Didn't Rafa sign him for Napoli? It would make a lot of sense if Keith Downie is correct and it's inevitable that Staveley et al are set on hiring Rafa.

“And that surrounds the stand-off at the moment between the Premier League, Saudi Arabia, Newcastle United and beIN SPORTS because Gary was previously resurrecting Northern Rock.

The thing is that there is no standoff. He’s trying and failing to create one.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Howay said:

:lol: Well there you have it folks, he’s going to be so smug if his total guess turns out to be right as well. 

He’s such a fucking ludicrous person :lol: 

• Haha 4

What is Wraiths deal? I have this vague notion of him in the mould of some kind of "it girl" but only with respect of NUFC, and with a beard.

What does he actually do? Is he a journalist?

Well he used to be on the doors at The Goose in the Garden. He’s basically a chancer who’s tried various things from football agent to actor and had little or no success. He’s also got a hard-on for anything gangster related 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

Well he used to be on the doors at The Goose in the Garden. He’s basically a chancer who’s tried various things from football agent to actor and had little or no success. He’s also got a hard-on for anything gangster related 

Cringeworthy the way he goes on with a certain Newcastle family like.

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

What is Wraiths deal? I have this vague notion of him in the mould of some kind of "it girl" but only with respect of NUFC, and with a beard.

What does he actually do? Is he a journalist?

He stood as a Conservative Candidate if that helps form your opinion of him somewhat?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

He stood as a Conservative Candidate if that helps form your opinion of him somewhat?

Aye, think I've got the full gist of it now :lol:

Dear me.

10 minutes ago, Tom said:

I forgot about that. Failed to get elected, obviously 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alex said:

He's a character, anyway. Good luck to him as I don't think he takes himself too seriously and it beats working for a living but the conservative stuff is a bit harder, (lot) harder to excuse.

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official