Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

21 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Let us know if he's intellectually honest enough to reply to that.

He has done and he's talking himself in circles, completely incapable of reconciling his own actions with his words on the takeover.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

He has done and he's talking himself in circles, completely incapable of reconciling his own actions with his words on the takeover.

Beautiful.

I genuinely can’t understand why anyone, anywhere, anytime is interested in Merson’s opinion about anything. He’s a complete fucking moron, even by the standards of ex-professional footballers 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

I asked Ollie Holt about this very thing....

Bravo on this PL, you’ve absolutely decimated the bloke :lol:. Glad he gets to actively participate in the sports washing that he reviles, but others who have less choice have to stand against it. I suppose it would have been way more of a shame if he missed out on “one of the biggest events of the year” than us not getting to follow football, all he’s asking us to do is turn our back on our football club and basically lose out on what is likely our biggest interest in life. 

I also love that people like him and Delaney aren’t grasping why we’re getting mad at them, and keep acting like it’s only the regime they’re going after. By linking the excitement of the fans at being rid of Ashley, the #cans craic, etc to the evils the Saudis do is not merely suggesting the regime have short comings, that’s having a pop at fans who have no control over the deal. You and Wykiki have hit the nail on the head that the people they would go after if they truly do care about this is people like AJ, the British Government, the Monarchy, and Mike Ashley. 

He has absolutely zero ground to stand on if he’s saying that him traveling to Saudi Arabia, and covering that boxing match is somehow less complicit in sports washing than an NUFC fan attending a game at St James’ (it’s clearly far more complicit seeing as he’s actively giving them press etc as well), same with Delaney and taking part of his pay cheque from them. Fwiw Holt had a choice to not cover it as you pointed out, the same that Delaney could work for another newspaper, both those things are far easier to do and have little to no real impact on those blokes lives than asking a Newcastle fan to stop supporting their football club. If they can’t see that then they should be ashamed of themselves as it’s essentially ignoring what it means to people to be fans of their club, it’s saying that fandom means less than a bloke having to go through the hassle of his changing job or missing out on going to a boxing event. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I obvs didn’t bother clicking through :lol:

:lol: This is what I don’t understand about pundits, they say absolutely outrageous shite like that and aren’t just ridiculed to the point of not having a job. His job is based on supposedly giving insights into football and he’s essentially said it would be a mistake to replace Jack Colback with Luka Modric.

As Alex says the bloke shouldn’t be listened to tbh. I just don’t get why he has a job doing this, short of he’s mates with the people who gave him it, his opinions are absolutely farcical. 

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Screenshot_20200502-122931.jpg

Btw, ask him (if you can be arsed) if he can link to any negative articles he wrote in the build up to after the Joshua fight. 

10 minutes ago, Alex said:

Btw, ask him (if you can be arsed) if he can link to any negative articles he wrote in the build up to after the Joshua fight. 

Funny you should mention that:

And if we are to condemn Joshua, then we must also condemn the golfers who play in the oppressive kingdoms of the United Arab Emirates, and the football teams who tour human rights violators like China in search of lucrative expanding markets, the elite footballers who will come here for the Spanish Super Cup and the television companies who screen the NFL after it blackballed Colin Kaepernick for protesting police murders of unarmed black men. 

This fight is just another example of sports realpolitik. Put another way, money talks. When the UK government trades with the Saudis, it is hard to blame Hearn and Joshua for taking their money, too. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

And although Holt is undoubtedly a twat I haven't seen anything too controversial from him on the matter. He's quite entitled to point out the crimes and human rights violations of the Saudis as long. It's when people begin criticising us as fans for being excited by the future for the first time in nearly twenty years that they can get fucked.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Is that from Holt? :lol: 

PL, you should go back to him quoting that 

All that was a couple of weeks ago, I can’t be arsed with the fuckin hypocritical cunt. I asked and got a response. It’s out there now, however I’m not a massive thirsty twitter twat, I’ve got about 200 followers, mostly bots, naked lasess and cunts trying to sell something. Although someone called ...*checks  notes*... Chester Copperpot :lol:  re tweeted my question to Holt out of the blue earlier so I expect that’s someone on here, thanks whoever it is :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Chester Copperpot :lol:

Who’s the biggest Goonies fan on here? 

To be sure. 

Edit; Then again, there’s only one person on here that would tweet a pic of an arcade game :lol:

• Haha 3

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official