Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

On 5/5/2020 at 12:37, tooner said:

the rendering of Staveley's eyes is hilarious.

With that voice and the way informatiom is presented by halfway through they could have introduced just about any random 'fact' and I would have believed it. "Steve Bruce, who had to this point done so well as manager of the team will be replaced by an autonomous sex robot, wanted on its own planet for crimes against the native Ewoks".

Edited by OTF
  • Haha 6

So who exactly is it that sits on this owners and directors test board, thingy malarkey?

Seeing a fair few tweets to the effect that had it been ‘United’ it would have been done and dusted long since. The conspiracy theorist in me tends to agree.

If it was Man U you’d see articles on how Saudi Arabia is progressive and we can’t blame the fans for being excited etc etc 

“If the government deal with the Saudis how can we blame the average reds fan for chasing the Glazers out of the theatre of dreams for want of a better future” 

We've already seen Delaney calling it “cultural diversification” when it was PIF buying Man U.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Dougle said:

So who exactly is it that sits on this owners and directors test board, thingy malarkey?

Seeing a fair few tweets to the effect that had it been ‘United’ it would have been done and dusted long since. The conspiracy theorist in me tends to agree.

I hope you tweeted back pointing out that it is United. :good:

Nah mate they’ll just find some excuse (Covid19) to leave it on the back burner for as long as it takes to disappear. So Ashley can slag off ‘time wasters’ after Newcastle United having been the only interesting football story in the media for two months.

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

I've put me Tena Lady's on and they're staying on

At least the dog's happy

• Haha 3

Have no idea how reliable le10sport are, but they're saying that talks between Poch and the new owners are at an advanced stage. In fairness both Sky and Guillem Balague has said that Poch is definitely the number one target, and Balague at least is usually pretty reliable, so it's not that big a stretch. https://sportslens.com/report-mauricio-pochettino-is-very-close-to-signing-deal-to-become-new-newcastle-united-manager/296065/

Edited by Polarboy
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Have no idea how reliable le10sport are, but they're saying that talks between Poch and the new owners are at an advanced stage. In fairness both Sky and Guillem Balague has said that Poch is definitely the number one target, and Balague at least is usually pretty reliable, so it's not that big a stretch. https://sportslens.com/report-mauricio-pochettino-is-very-close-to-signing-deal-to-become-new-newcastle-united-manager/296065/

Aye right.

“How Poch, yer on the dole at the moment in the midst of a global meltdoon, do you want a job working for the richest football club in the history of the planet? Oh aye and we’ll pay you 19 million pound a year. What you think?”

“Hmm, not sure about that, can we negotiate?”

Utter shite.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

You can bet Man United have him penned to replace Solksjaer this Summer so it would still be a reasonable coup if he comes here 

Exactly. And I can't remember who said it in the press, but I agree that it's not a forgone conclusion at all that Poch would sign on the dotted line. His name has been mentioned in the same breath as the top European clubs. Now maybe that's just paper talk or his agent putting stuff out for him, but he did get Spurs to a Champions League final on a relatively tight net spend. It's a tricky enough situation for him. He could wait until next year and a job could open up at Man U, Real, Bayern, even Man City given there's been rumours of unrest with Guardiola. Of course if he waits too long people soon forget your achievements. So he could have a risky wait, or he could start a new building project as opposed to being at a club that's already at a high level in all aspects.

2 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Exactly. And I can't remember who said it in the press, but I agree that it's not a forgone conclusion at all that Poch would sign on the dotted line. His name has been mentioned in the same breath as the top European clubs. Now maybe that's just paper talk or his agent putting stuff out for him, but he did get Spurs to a Champions League final on a relatively tight net spend. It's a tricky enough situation for him. He could wait until next year and a job could open up at Man U, Real, Bayern, even Man City given there's been rumours of unrest with Guardiola. Of course if he waits too long people soon forget your achievements. So he could have a risky wait, or he could start a new building project as opposed to being at a club that's already at a high level in all aspects.

i think Poch’s next move is important, going to a club like Madrid, Man Utd or Barca he will be expected to win trophies strait away with nothing suggesting he’s going to be given the support to do so (as Mourinho complained about in his time at ManU) 

Those clubs are likely going to provide him with a team and say “go coach them” The chances are at Newcastle he will firstly have a fanbase that would give him time, a board/director of football that will work with him and aim to provide him with what he needs to build and push on and he will be idolised by fans every step of the way. 

obviously this is all just my opinion but i think he would be more suited to us right now than the other jobs hes been linked with

• Like 1

Agreed, Man United is a poisoned chalice with their overpaid underperforming unbalanced squad. It seemed his biggest issue at Spurs was lack of say over personnel. You would imagine this would be different here, and he'd be able to have a much greater input into the signings. The premier league is a known entity for him as well. 

• Like 1

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official