Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

Fernandez, Almiron, Saint-Maximin, Dubravka and the Longstaffs are the only ones I could see hanging around a decent squad for a good period of time. I would begrudgingly take Willems for a bit if someone told him that he's allowed to block crosses. I suppose with the right coaching, Lascelles could get back to being the tank of old and he does seem like a very effective on-pitch leader, especially when our backs are against the wall. I'd be willing to give Joelinton another year just to see, as said, if there's any chance he could improve. Plus, he cost 40 million and that's probably enough for most people to try and persist with him for a bit. Give Carroll the "Terry Mac" ceremonial position of putting the bets on and putting the cones out. 

10 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Give Carroll the "Terry Mac" ceremonial position of putting the bets on and putting the cones out. 

What about jumping on the managers back ?  It's part of the job description. 

Nobody done jumping on the managers back when we score better than Terry Mac

edit...in fact jumping on manager sideways counts

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmEjINx76eS9jYhOZ2Gp8

Edited by Tdansmith

i've been reading articles that say the pandemic is going to reduce the cost of everything in football. how much do you think it will reduce transfer fees? will it at all?

second edit(sorry for the incomplete thought) if the pandemic does reduce transfer fees in general, does that change who you think we'd get in under new the owners?

Edited by tooner

4 hours ago, tooner said:

i've been reading articles that say the pandemic is going to reduce the cost of everything in football. how much do you think it will reduce transfer fees? will it at all?

second edit(sorry for the incomplete thought) if the pandemic does reduce transfer fees in general, does that change who you think we'd get in under new the owners?

from what ive read and understand it seems like it will have a big effect on all finances especially transfer fees, i mean for example a lot of clubs will be taking a major hit this year and with the loss of gate receipts spilling into next season some clubs are likely to be forced to sell their assets (players) to prepare for the current and forecasted losses.

if we are in position to spend then I think this could be as Solskjaer himself said “a great time to exploit the market” 😇😂

I was just wondering when all the moral outrage is going to turn its attention to flat horse racing in the UK, seeing as it’s been awash with Arab, including Saudi, money for ages now. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Alex said:

I was just wondering when all the moral outrage is going to turn its attention to flat horse racing in the UK, seeing as it’s been awash with Arab, including Saudi, money for ages now. 

"If you say it's a good thing, here's my fifty, take 3/1 or better "

nintchdbpict000390559240.jpg

Richard Keys again

https://richardajkeys.com/index.php/blog/238-what-exactly-are-we-trying-to-achieve

Of course the PL has got another. massive issue to decide on this week. Does it waive through the Saudi led takeover of Newcastle? Before going into a bit more detail - let me say this - if it does, it will never again be able to mount a winnable case against Piracy. Stream away guys.

For getting on for four years now, the Saudi Govt has supported the theft of intellectual properties owned by the beIN Media Group. It has cost the company I work for millions - probably billions. It also cost 400 of my colleagues their jobs.

The PL know full well the extent of what’s been happening because they’ve been at the forefront of trying to sue for their losses. Nine times they tried to take legal action in Saudi Arabia. Nine times the companies they wanted to use were shut down. All the facts are available in previous blogs I’ve written.

People say to me ‘aren’t you scared of the Saudi’s? Should you really be saying what you do?’ Scared of what? The Sovereign Fund buying Newcastle is a separate entity to the Saudi Govt. Or at least that’s the basis of the argument that’s being made so that the takeover can be waived through. Of course that’s nonsense - but just to be sure - I’m not thinking of jumping off my balcony any time soon - nor do I have plans to visit any Saudi Embassy!

Mike Ashley has a lot to answer for if the deal goes through - and if half a dozen Sports Direct outlets open in Riyadh over the next few weeks then we’ll all know what it was really about. I’ve said for months that there’s another deal on the table - and the Daily Mirror’s article a week ago proved me right. The American, Henry Mauriss wants it and he’s not short of a few bob. Surely that deal would suit the Toon Army? Why not? It would get the PL out of a tight corner, that’s for sure.

Shame on the British Govt if they continue to sit on the sidelines and do nothing. What are they trying to protect? I’ll tell you what they should be protecting - the £7.6billion that the PL contributes to the UK’s GDP every year - and the 100,000 full time jobs underpinned by the League’s supply chain. How is this in danger? Again - simple. If broadcast rights can be stolen without consequence then they become worthless. Trust me, any time soon the big broadcast companies will start putting down sports rights. If the PL thinks it’s got a problem in the short term because of Coronavirus you ain’t seen nothing yet. The real problem is coming hurtling down the track.

Boris Johnson perhaps believes that he’s ‘protecting trade deals and jobs’ by cosying up to the Saudi’s. You always hear noises about ‘arms deals’ at times like these. Mr Johnson, have you noticed that the world has never been more ‘conflict free’ than it is now? We’re all fighting a common enemy - which doesn’t need ‘arms’. And we don’t need ‘arms’ to fight it. So what exactly are you protecting?

I expect the Saudi deal will get the nod of approval this week. If so - good luck to everybody connected with the club. As for the rest of us - as I said - stream away. What a sad, unprincipled world we live in. Be careful what you wish for Mr Masters. And all of you on Tyneside. Oh - one last thing. Has anyone noticed what a staggering resemblance the proposed in-coming Chairman Yasir Al-Rumyyan has to me? 

Edited by Tdansmith
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

Richard Keys again

https://richardajkeys.com/index.php/blog/238-what-exactly-are-we-trying-to-achieve

Of course the PL has got another. massive issue to decide on this week. Does it waive through the Saudi led takeover of Newcastle? Before going into a bit more detail - let me say this - if it does, it will never again be able to mount a winnable case against Piracy. Stream away guys.

For getting on for four years now, the Saudi Govt has supported the theft of intellectual properties owned by the beIN Media Group. It has cost the company I work for millions - probably billions. It also cost 400 of my colleagues their jobs.

The PL know full well the extent of what’s been happening because they’ve been at the forefront of trying to sue for their losses. Nine times they tried to take legal action in Saudi Arabia. Nine times the companies they wanted to use were shut down. All the facts are available in previous blogs I’ve written.

People say to me ‘aren’t you scared of the Saudi’s? Should you really be saying what you do?’ Scared of what? The Sovereign Fund buying Newcastle is a separate entity to the Saudi Govt. Or at least that’s the basis of the argument that’s being made so that the takeover can be waived through. Of course that’s nonsense - but just to be sure - I’m not thinking of jumping off my balcony any time soon - nor do I have plans to visit any Saudi Embassy!

Mike Ashley has a lot to answer for if the deal goes through - and if half a dozen Sports Direct outlets open in Riyadh over the next few weeks then we’ll all know what it was really about. I’ve said for months that there’s another deal on the table - and the Daily Mirror’s article a week ago proved me right. The American, Henry Mauriss wants it and he’s not short of a few bob. Surely that deal would suit the Toon Army? Why not? It would get the PL out of a tight corner, that’s for sure.

Shame on the British Govt if they continue to sit on the sidelines and do nothing. What are they trying to protect? I’ll tell you what they should be protecting - the £7.6billion that the PL contributes to the UK’s GDP every year - and the 100,000 full time jobs underpinned by the League’s supply chain. How is this in danger? Again - simple. If broadcast rights can be stolen without consequence then they become worthless. Trust me, any time soon the big broadcast companies will start putting down sports rights. If the PL thinks it’s got a problem in the short term because of Coronavirus you ain’t seen nothing yet. The real problem is coming hurtling down the track.

Boris Johnson perhaps believes that he’s ‘protecting trade deals and jobs’ by cosying up to the Saudi’s. You always hear noises about ‘arms deals’ at times like these. Mr Johnson, have you noticed that the world has never been more ‘conflict free’ than it is now? We’re all fighting a common enemy - which doesn’t need ‘arms’. And we don’t need ‘arms’ to fight it. So what exactly are you protecting?

I expect the Saudi deal will get the nod of approval this week. If so - good luck to everybody connected with the club. As for the rest of us - as I said - stream away. What a sad, unprincipled world we live in. Be careful what you wish for Mr Masters. And all of you on Tyneside. Oh - one last thing. Has anyone noticed what a staggering resemblance the proposed in-coming Chairman Yasir Al-Rumyyan has to me? 

Is he still on Ashley's friend's list? 😂

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Fair play to him for calling out the government and Mike Ashley.

Why should he be applauded for anything when he's very likely not acting out of any personal moral code, and is just saying what's most convenient in terms of trying to save his own job. 

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

He’s only calling out Ashley because he’s not getting paid to peddle his spin any more 

I’m happy to see these ideas join the narrative tbh.

21 minutes ago, Tom said:

I’m happy to see these ideas join the narrative tbh.

I’m happy that Ashley seemingly dispensing with Keys’ remedial PR skills suggests the deal may be all but done ;) It says a lot about sports journalism in this country though when it took a bloke in the pay of the Qataris being paid to say it to be one of the first to bring those two things up though. Not that his actual arguments make a lot of sense 

• Like 1

I love his idea that if the PL accept the deal they won’t ever be able to fight piracy cases in court :lol: hairy little cunt has no knowledge whatsoever of law. 

The bit he’s missing is the PL win if they accept this deal, the Saudis have already shut down BeoutQ and it’s nailed on they’ll bid for the Middle Eastern rights when it goes up for bid in 2022, likely paying more than Bein paid. Of course he’s going to pretend that makes the PL the bad guys here because the awful cunts who pay him lose out to another bunch of awful cunts. He’s just a hairy little irrelevant idiot lashing out as his gravy train is going to be stopping once Bein lose the rights. 

• Like 6

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official