Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

A friend of mine has been told that since last Friday night apparently the SD signage is quietly being removed from SJP. It's being done during the night so as not to attract attention around the ground during lockdown.Wether it's TRUE or not I've know idea but he said the person who told him lives in the city centre and wouldnt lie about this.  Anyone else heard anything similar?  

8 minutes ago, trooper said:

A friend of mine has been told that since last Friday night apparently the SD signage is quietly being removed from SJP. It's being done during the night so as not to attract attention around the ground during lockdown.Wether it's TRUE or not I've know idea but he said the person who told him lives in the city centre and wouldnt lie about this.  Anyone else heard anything similar?  

I’ve heard that Paul McCartney died in 1966 and was replaced by a bloke from Clitheroe called Nigel.
Nigel introduced the band to dominos, and they won the North West amateur league in 1967 under the team name Blank Four. 
Don’t know how true it is, but the person that told me is a plumber called Mick. 
:lol:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’ve heard that Paul McCartney died in 1966 and was replaced by a bloke from Clitheroe called Nigel.
Nigel introduced the band to dominos, and they won the North West amateur league in 1967 under the team name Blank Four. 
Don’t know how true it is, but the person that told me is a plumber called Mick. 
:lol:

Thanks for that mate very insightful :razz:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

The Mail are the only other paper I can see that are also running the guardian’s story this morning, despite the paucity of football news around. Why? There’s nothing new in it 

Even Craig Hope and Luke Edwards are saying on Twitter that they still expect the deal to go through (I think even the Guardian reporter who wrote the story is pretty much saying the same thing).  I'm still far from confident it will happen (I don't see how this delay can be good news whatever way you look at it) but the Guardian article definitely isn't the bombshell they were making it out to be.

Edited by David Kelly

This from N.O. 

WTO have commented . . .

“We can confirm that Qatar initiated a WTO dispute settlement case against Saudi Arabia in October 2018 regarding the protection of intellectual property rights and that a panel was established in December 2018 to review Qatar’s claims. The panel proceedings and panel process remain confidential until the final report is circulated to WTO members.”

Someone on N.O. saying its published on the 11/12 June  the wait goes on 

Edited by trooper

There was some gimp on Twitter who posted a pic of him on the roof of a building somewhere overlooking SJP.  He said there was no SD signage anymore.

Yet clearly on the Leazes was SD signage :lol: He was arseholed for it.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Essembee spotted outside Cummings manor  

42FAAA0E-A28C-4D57-8B4B-33903010DEED.gif

Maybe he's a relative. You know in the same way that Gordon Ramsay has about 15 Michelin Stars but he brothers a smackhead.

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

There was some gimp on Twitter who posted a pic of him on the roof of a building somewhere overlooking SJP.  He said there was no SD signage anymore.

Yet clearly on the Leazes was SD signage :lol: He was arseholed for it.

:lol: Even if it was I wouldn’t take it to mean anything. Iirc it happened before when there was takeover buzz and it was just because they were replacing the tatty old signs with their tatty new signs. 

• Haha 2

In 2017 Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and Egypt severed all ties with Qatar over the country’s alleged support of extremist groups and interference in neighbours’ affairs. Now the repercussions of that once parochial squabble have reached Gallowgate, and Geordies fear their dreams of returning to the Champions League may prove a cruel chimera. Although sources close to the Newcastle deal remain confident the takeover will be rubber-stamped in the next week or so, geopolitics have replaced Joelinton’s goal drought as the stuff of Newcastle fans’ nightmares.

:lol: made me laugh

• Haha 3

Aye surely this sort of thing, with the amount of legal effort and money that has already gone into the proposed takeover, has to have a defined timeframe for the PL to make their decision? Some sort of regulation? Absolute shambles this.

Edited by aimaad22

Saudi Arabia’s central bank has transferred $40bn to the Public Investment Fund to finance its overseas spending spree as the sovereign wealth fund seeks to take advantage of the coronavirus pandemic by hunting for assets at knockdown prices.

Mohammed al-Jadaan, finance minister, said the funds were transferred from the Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority’s foreign reserves “exceptionally” during March and April. He told the Financial Times that the foreign currency would provide dollar liquidity to the $325bn PIF to allow it to continue investing overseas, both “tactically” and for the “long term”.

“They are obviously looking for the right time and the right market,” Mr Jadaan said in an interview. “They have finished part of their investment and they may be waiting for opportunities to come in the weeks and months to come.”

The PIF, which is chaired by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, has already spent at least $8bn investing in US and European blue-chip companies, including BP, Royal Dutch Shell, Total, Boeing, Citigroup, Disney and Facebook, in the first three months of the year. It has also led an investor group that has agreed to buy Newcastle United, the English football club, for £300m.

https://www.ft.com/content/eef74865-cdef-47ea-9add-0b94b0f9ad0e

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official