Newcastle United: Mike Ashley puts Premier League club up for sale

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've spent many a workday researching CHAPS.

I don’t know Callum.  But you weren’t arsed when it came to your own website (https://realcombatmedia.com), with its in depth coverage of Joshua vs Ruiz II so why are you arsed now? Fuck off

I think it's fair to say that the journalists aren't winning hearts and minds from our lot on this.   We're going to have a club-wide siege mentality at this rate. As Strawb says, thick skin

Posted Images

Mike Ashley worked late into the night trying to rescue the takeover after the Saudi's pulled their offer yesterday afternoon and released a statement. He is said to be “devastated” it has fallen through and reckons it's his only chance of selling the club quickly. [Mirror]

1 minute ago, trooper said:

Mike Ashley worked late into the night trying to rescue the takeover after the Saudi's pulled their offer yesterday afternoon and released a statement. He is said to be “devastated” it has fallen through and reckons it's his only chance of selling the club quickly. [Mirror]

Working late probably invited emptying all the cans he bought for 17m

I think he genuinely want's shut of it as his investment into Debenhams and House of Fraser are fucked.

But he is also a greedy cunt who wants his full whack of the club and he will not budge until he gets it.  If you think we are shut of the guy soon I think you're wrong.  We will have him as an owner for another decade or so.  We are fucked as all I can see.  We will be relegated next season and this time, we will stay down.  I cannot see anything other than that.

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

I think he genuinely want's shut of it as his investment into Debenhams and House of Fraser are fucked.

But he is also a greedy cunt who wants his full whack of the club and he will not budge until he gets it.  If you think we are shut of the guy soon I think you're wrong.  We will have him as an owner for another decade or so.  We are fucked as all I can see.  We will be relegated next season and this time, we will stay down.  I cannot see anything other than that.

Yeah this was Ashley's & our last chance saloon. Him to get his money & sod off & for us to get the club back we deserve.

14 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Tbf to Ashley, I believe him this time. If that exclusivity did indeed lapse on the 26th of June, he's had over a month to fuck this up on his own and has resisted doing so.

And how would he have done that? Go on...

;) 

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Well the current league we are in is a closed shop/procession so no biggie really

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Proper ray of sunshine you. :lol:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

The Guardian has published 4 articles about this takeover collapse, with one of them calling this a 'narrow escape' for Newcastle fans :lol:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2020/jul/30/newcastle-united-narrow-escape-takeover-saudi-arabia

Absolutely none of these articles are open to comments, naturally.

At this point it's surely time to count our blessings and be thankful we escaped when poor old Man City and Chelsea didn't. #prayforthe top6 🙏

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Renton taught me.

Can you see anything different?

Yep.

Ahsley remains a willing seller, Newcastle remain a prized asset and the PL remains an attractive league. Someone will want a shot at owning a PL club that won't cost them £1bn quid before they even begin buying players or owt. 

No idea about Mauriss, but a few journalists are saying there are interested parties out there. BZG might return, Kenyon, Orlegi, Mauriss, Bezos ( ;) )?

Ashley won't still be here in 10yrs time, I don't think we're nailed on for the drop next season as there'll be a few clubs looking to avoid those 3 spots. (Brighton, Palace, West Brom, Brentford/Fulham, possibly West Ham?)

If we do go down we can rely on Ashley to spend a bit to get us back into the top flight and we've saleable assets that would fund a good chunk of that.

It's not exactly a sellers market at the moment. Ashley is lucky in a sense that this has happened in the current covid climate or else the backlash towards him could become toxic... even though I do believe he did want to sell here and technically therefore isn't to blame for it falling through he will bear the brunt of the supporters disdain at the predicament. Which is fair enough because the largest part of the reason many were so keen on the sale was simply that it heralded the end of Ashley's destruction of the club.

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Yep.

Ahsley remains a willing seller, Newcastle remain a prized asset and the PL remains an attractive league. Someone will want a shot at owning a PL club that won't cost them £1bn quid before they even begin buying players or owt. 

No idea about Mauriss, but a few journalists are saying there are interested parties out there. BZG might return, Kenyon, Orlegi, Mauriss, Bezos ( ;) )?

Ashley won't still be here in 10yrs time, I don't think we're nailed on for the drop next season as there'll be a few clubs looking to avoid those 3 spots. (Brighton, Palace, West Brom, Brentford/Fulham, possibly West Ham?)

If we do go down we can rely on Ashley to spend a bit to get us back into the top flight and we've saleable assets that would fund a good chunk of that.

If there’s anything that the last 13 years have taught us it’s that we should be optimistic about the future 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Alex said:

If there’s anything that the last 13 years have taught us it’s that we should be optimistic about the future 

:lol: true enough, but lets not throw the baby out with the failed Saudi bid now.

On 10/07/2020 at 11:29, Christmas Tree said:

I’m 100% confident now that this will be passed within the next 7 days. There’s been plenty of times when it’s felt like a “no” was coming, but everything now seems to be aligning in our favour.

And while 92 fucking days is unbearable, it will be forgotten in a heartbeat when this goes through.

After some painstaking research I’ve finally managed to pinpoint exactly when the deal went tits up

• Haha 11
3 hours ago, The Fish said:

Yep.

sounds fucking brilliant. get in there.

58 minutes ago, Carl said:

So there it is, the dust has settled and we can now just continue to make up the numbers in the league and allow the top 6 to take all the trophys and money.

Aye this sums it up. Have to love all the outpouring of journalists now bigging the club up “it’s a giant club and people will be queuing up to buy it, there’s no way only the Saudi Arabians could take it over”, desperate to keep NUFC fans engaged and clicking on their shite, no one will pay what Ashley wants so in that sense this lot really were the only show in town.

His price won’t have changed despite the current situation, and honestly the PL have botched their hand imo. They’ve basically announced that piracy is a massive problem for their rights holders (I know it is of course an issue but they could have played it off before as a smaller one) and the result of this shithousery is potentially a more aggressive, rampant, state backed version. Bein now hold all the cards for the 2022 renewal as it’s fairly unlikely the Saudis will bother if they truly have been discouraged and feel disrespected, so now Bein has a free run at the rights and will highlight the piracy fears when negotiating. 

1 hour ago, Carl said:

So there it is, the dust has settled and we can now just continue to make up the numbers in the league and allow the top 6 to take all the trophys and money.

Depressingly correct

27 minutes ago, Howay said:

Aye this sums it up. Have to love all the outpouring of journalists now bigging the club up “it’s a giant club and people will be queuing up to buy it, there’s no way only the Saudi Arabians could take it over”, desperate to keep NUFC fans engaged and clicking on their shite, no one will pay what Ashley wants so in that sense this lot really were the only show in town.

His price won’t have changed despite the current situation, and honestly the PL have botched their hand imo. They’ve basically announced that piracy is a massive problem for their rights holders (I know it is of course an issue but they could have played it off before as a smaller one) and the result of this shithousery is potentially a more aggressive, rampant, state backed version. Bein now hold all the cards for the 2022 renewal as it’s fairly unlikely the Saudis will bother if they truly have been discouraged and feel disrespected, so now Bein has a free run at the rights and will highlight the piracy fears when negotiating. 

As well as the cheek of quite a few to suggest that because it is such a special club it is only a question of time until someone else will come and buy the club and make it great. We fucking had to wait 13 years for someone even agreeing a sale with the fat bastard. In the meantime almost year after year the club has been made gradually worse and shallow. They can just fuck of.

• Like 2