Jump to content

Newcastle United: Mike Ashley puts Premier League club up for sale


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:


In the past I would have, probably not now that I’m a bit more educated about the human rights abuses. It’s also not a direct comparison. I disagree with the US drone strikes against the Middle East but would still go on holiday there 

Is that because the orders come from some unknown person in the Pentagon?  I get what you've said so far, but it is all still based on your own biases. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've spent many a workday researching CHAPS.

I don’t know Callum.  But you weren’t arsed when it came to your own website (https://realcombatmedia.com), with its in depth coverage of Joshua vs Ruiz II so why are you arsed now? Fuck off

I think it's fair to say that the journalists aren't winning hearts and minds from our lot on this.   We're going to have a club-wide siege mentality at this rate. As Strawb says, thick skin

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:


In the past I would have, probably not now that I’m a bit more educated about the human rights abuses. It’s also not a direct comparison. I disagree with the US drone strikes against the Middle East but would still go on holiday there 

I don't think they have a Butlins :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the biggest kick in the balls is why this was really blocked (not fully blocked but you know what I mean). To protect the rights of Qatar, one of the countries that are potentially worse than Saudi Arabia :lol:, currently in a lot of bother in France over links to funding terrorist organizations (supposedly a driving force behind why Saudi Arabia have cut ties with them as well as part of MBS trying to move the country away from those type of organizations). 
 

I agree with the points that KD brings, a lot of it troubles me as well. I think the reason a lot can turn a blind eye is this type of block has only come at our expense, Man City have a similar structure to what was proposed, Leicester’s owners aren’t exactly clean, Abramovic has a lot of baggage, then there are other dodgy owners. I think the human rights issues argument although well founded brings in a gray area of where to draw the line, I know a lot of journos will throw out some phrase about “you draw it at murderers like the Saudis” but then Man City’s owners are similarly dodgy on that ground. I just feel like football has long sold its soul and it’s a bit hard for it to claw that back. The deal was prevented simply due to the PL not wanting to rock the boat with their established teams, and to protect a noisy rights holder, that’s the bit that sits badly with me. If it was rejected due to human rights grounds, and there was a similar reckoning with a push on owners like Man City to change ownership I’d be more willing to accept it. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:


In the past I would have, probably not now that I’m a bit more educated about the human rights abuses. It’s also not a direct comparison. I disagree with the US drone strikes against the Middle East but would still go on holiday there 

I’m comparing one oppressive regime, where human rights abuses are rife with another oppressive regime where human rights abuses are rife, albeit it on a lower scale.

 

You’re comparing them to a democratic country where, in the eyes of the law (although, maybe not in practice), everyone is equal. 

 

You’re talking utter bollocks and I reckon you would have been down the clubshop getting ‘MBS Bonesaw Boys’ on the back of your home shirt had the PIF purchase gone through.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

I’m comparing one oppressive regime, where human rights abuses are rife with another oppressive regime where human rights abuses are rife, albeit it on a lower scale.

 

You’re comparing them to a democratic country where, in the eyes of the law (although, maybe not in practice), everyone is equal. 

 

You’re talking utter bollocks and I reckon you would have been down the clubshop getting ‘MBS Bonesaw Boys’ on the back of your home shirt had the PIF purchase gone through.


It’s easy to shout at people on the internet that disagree with you. Try and add to the debate. What’s your take on it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:


It’s easy to shout at people on the internet that disagree with you. Try and add to the debate. What’s your take on it?

Read my original post, my stance was pretty fucking clear that I am in favour of it but, given what I feel about that regime, I am honest enough to accept the hypocrisy of my position. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

How about if someone offered you a trip to the Qatar or a holiday to Abu Dhabi or Dubai (all fairly oppressive regimes), would you take it?

He literally paid good money to holiday in Dubai and was promoting there and Qatar as great spots a few years ago.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:


In the past I would have, probably not now that I’m a bit more educated about the human rights abuses. It’s also not a direct comparison. I disagree with the US drone strikes against the Middle East but would still go on holiday there 

Howay, man. We both know you’d go to Blackpool for a fortnight if it was free :razz: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Alex said:

Howay, man. We both know you’d go to Blackpool for a fortnight if it was free :razz: 

Nah, he’s boycotting there. Apparently the donkeys on pleasure beach are zealots and follow a strict form of sharia law. The subjugation of the female donkeys is barbaric.

 

Plus, Blackpool is an utter shit hole and doesn’t have big fancy shopping malls and indoor ski slopes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kid Dynamite said:


Ive paid good money to go to Blackpool for Rebellion Fest a few times :lol:

Is that one of them mosh pit / up the arse corner photo op type events? ;) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alex said:

Is that one of them mosh pit / up the arse corner photo op type events? ;) 


It’s the main punk festival in the UK each year. I’ve seen Descendents, Black Flag, Bad Religion etc there over the years.

 

I’m old enough to get away with standing at the back these days 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

There's no such thing as clean money. And making comparisons between Ashley and MBS is absolutely futile they are both sociopaths who have no regard for anyone but themselves and their money. Ashley might not have ordered anybidy murdered but he undoubtedly has caused people to die through his behaviour


Give your head a shake man

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kid Dynamite said:


It’s the main punk festival in the UK each year. I’ve seen Descendents, Black Flag, Bad Religion etc there over the years.

 

I’m old enough to get away with standing at the back these days 

 

So ‘yes’ :lol: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

 Ashley might not have ordered anybidy murdered but he undoubtedly has caused people to die through his behaviour

I don't think ashley has caused the death of any old ladies 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Every Premier League winning club of the last 10 years, including Leicester, has been funded by businesses with questionable, at best, and downright immoral, in truth, practices. 
If your concern is having a “clean” club, follow another sport- I hear quoits is fairly wholesome. 
 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Every Premier League winning club of the last 10 years, including Leicester, has been funded by businesses with questionable, at best, and downright immoral, in truth, practices. 
If your concern is having a “clean” club, follow another sport- I hear quoits is fairly wholesome. 
 

 

Exactly.

 

You don't become Billionaires without being cunts.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...