Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

In a statement, the Premier League said it was “incorrect” for Newcastle to say that it had rejected the takeover. It also said it was “disappointed and surprised” by the club’s statement. Newcastle declined to comment on Thursday.

Popcorn Meme GIF | Gfycat

3 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: I genuinely don’t see the purpose in them bringing him on, the bloke knows absolutely nothing, is privy to nothing, and is an idiot. To be fair that last bit is probably why they get him on, bring him on as a deluded jawdeee punching bag for Simon Jordan. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Wraith threatens Simon Jordan with some of Freddie Forman's mob. He's well connected you know.

• Haha 1

The PL is expect to confirm that it did not reject the bid apparently.

Honestly this might actually be a brilliant play to get this out into public and force the PL to defend itself because if they claim to have not rejected it it just begs more and more questions.

Just make constant outlandish accusations at Masters and the PL that they have to deny until they're forced to admit why they took 4 months to do nothing.

Ashley will drag everyone through shit to get his money , he's fucked off half the money men in London over the past few years not to mention the bloke he bought his house off in Miami, Ashley cares about one thing and one thing only...................the Premier league have took the bone off the wrong dog here.

5 minutes ago, Carl said:

Ashley will drag everyone through shit to get his money , he's fucked off half the money men in London over the past few years not to mention the bloke he bought his house off in Miami, Ashley cares about one thing and one thing only...................the Premier league have took the bone off the wrong dog here.

He’s a maverick like :lol:

People who paint him as dumb are wrong too. He isn’t stupid. He’s unscrupulous, unpredictable and aggressive when he doesn’t get his way. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

He’s a maverick like :lol:

People who paint him as dumb are wrong too. He isn’t stupid. He’s unscrupulous, unpredictable and aggressive when he doesn’t get his way. 

:lol: Aye, I saw someone on Twitter say we’ve had 13 years of the bloke being an absolute cunt to us, it’s good to see him be a similar arsehole to someone that has blocked something the fans were excited about. Enjoy it Dick Masters, just make sure you don’t have any sort of pop back when trying to defend yourself or it’ll get ten times worse :lol:.

You have to also appreciate all the gimpy journalists that attacked the fans during the takeover are now implying all of this is a big PR win from Ashley that the fans are lapping up :lol:. These cunts really are completely out of touch, they should just pack in talking about us if they’re that clueless. Regardless of what happens I still dislike Ashley immensely, there’s no way back for him in my mind so he’s not ‘winning’ the fans over with this, it’s just most (me included) are enjoying seeing him be a dickhead to a guy that fucked about with this process. Yes Luke Edwards is among those coming out with this sort of nonsense, along with Qatari mouthpiece Tariq Panja, and David Coverdale, all we need is Glendenning, and Delaney to join in and we’ve got a bellend full house. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Isegrim said:

If the league acted unreasonably it has to be taken to court just like Keegan was able to show up the likes of Ashley, Llambiarse and the dwarf to be the cunts everybody thought they are.

Exactly.  Constructive rejection at the very least

Not sure why the PL would take any notice of this government.......they appear to have acted in a way they think is clever with no apparent repercussions...apart from when Masters told the trust he didn’t stick to the O & D criteria, obvs...

The signings make that pretty unlikely imo. I also think Ashley’s in need of the money for his next business venture. The end game for him is forcing the approval through. Which isn’t to say it’ll happen but there’s clearly a lot of shot that’s gone on behind the scenes and the secrecy of the PL and the seemingly contradictory statements suggests the process has been dodgy as fuck. Tbh I’m a bit like PaddockLad is my feelings towards the whole thing but, like I’ve said, the investment in the city and wider region would be great. As would the reaction from all those opposed if it were to go through. 

• Like 2

I'm not sure he's in dire need of cash. In the last accounts Sports Direct had £140m in cash and his own personal holding company had £400m so he's not quite on the bones of his arse. I think he's been looking out for a while and this is the best chance for him to get a straight cash deal done so he can wash his hands of us.

He certainly seems to want the cash / to get rid at least. Suggests all those hacks with the inside track on the alternative bidders are ‘wide of the mark’. 

So it still comes down to PIF claiming independence and the Premier League not buying it. Or at least saying they don't believe it as leverage in their real issue, the piracy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

So it still comes down to PIF claiming independence and the Premier League not buying it. Or at least saying they don't believe it as leverage in their real issue, the piracy.

Yeah, I think that’s a good assessment. It certainly explains the delay until the WTO ruling only for them to still do fuck all

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official