Newcastle United: Mike Ashley puts Premier League club up for sale

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've spent many a workday researching CHAPS.

I don’t know Callum.  But you weren’t arsed when it came to your own website (https://realcombatmedia.com), with its in depth coverage of Joshua vs Ruiz II so why are you arsed now? Fuck off

I think it's fair to say that the journalists aren't winning hearts and minds from our lot on this.   We're going to have a club-wide siege mentality at this rate. As Strawb says, thick skin

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

That was in May

No shit.

It thought it might be interesting because he seemed little sceptical at that time and seems willing to accept acting for Ashley now.

He is also an expert in sports arbitration which might or might not mean something.

11 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

@Isegrim....

is this the fat lad fighting for compensation or to get the sale done?

I don’t think those things can get separated. Ashley might fight for compensation but if he has a case it would probably bring the deal back to the table and make the league more willing to compromise.

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

I don’t think those things can get separated. Ashley might fight for compensation but if he has a case it would probably bring the deal back to the table and make the league more willing to compromise.

it's a nightmare this mate, i'm back to temporarily at least needing him to walk safely past steamrollers.

• Haha 3

I don’t think it means that much for the PL’s cause even if they are telling the truth on this matter. Because if they are and have basically refused to make a ruling you would imagine that won’t work in their favour if it goes to the Court of Arbitration for Sport. As that clearly seems unreasonable behaviour. They’ve also been very secretive about the whole process, beyond leaking their side of the story to stooges and interested parties, which also suggests impropriety. 

55 minutes ago, Howay said:

Aye, was going to say this Ben Jacobs has been a bit of a bellend throughout iirc.

Does he support one of the so-called big 6, or whatever it is now, by any chance? 

I am really disappointed in the total lack of journalistic scrutiny regarding the conduct of the Premier League. There is hardly any journalist questioning how the process has been handled by the league. Instead there is a handful of apologists who seem to have close ties to the PL and claiming inside knowledge who are leading the discussion (Roan, Jacobs, Slater, Tariq et al). So far thE PL got a total free ride and got away with everything.

It doesn’t help if journalists with ties to the club are not interested in questioning the league either, like Edwards. Kinnear eas probably right about Bird, too,

• Like 2

I imagine the Premier League board are as thick as thieves and quotes are very hard to come by, we already know they meet with the top six outside of the general premier league meetings so the clubs will keep quiet as well.

3 minutes ago, Carl said:

I imagine the Premier League board are as thick as thieves and quotes are very hard to come by, we already know they meet with the top six outside of the general premier league meetings so the clubs will keep quiet as well.

I don’t think they are thick at all. They cleverly bend the regulations to not come up with a decision that coukd get legally scrutinised. It was all about delaying the process to create frustration. That’s why they only started offering the dubious solution of arbitration when the sale agreement had aleady expired after about eight weeks, twice as long as the normal duration of the test.

They haven‘t changed their tactics so far and obviously stuck to moving goal posts. And when everything does seem very n place they go back to square one as they obviously did last week.