Newcastle United: Mike Ashley puts Premier League club up for sale

Yesterday one of my kids guessed what a reward was that he and his brother were potentially going to get. Immediately he was told that he could not tell his brother, which he agreed to. Within about 20 seconds I could hear his brother whinging about not knowing what it was. Instead of telling him what it was he immediately told his brother that he knew what it was. Which is the exact equivalent of this statement from the club. Reassuring to know the club carries on like a bunch of kids (8 and 5).

• Haha 4
  • Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've spent many a workday researching CHAPS.

I don’t know Callum.  But you weren’t arsed when it came to your own website (https://realcombatmedia.com), with its in depth coverage of Joshua vs Ruiz II so why are you arsed now? Fuck off

I think it's fair to say that the journalists aren't winning hearts and minds from our lot on this.   We're going to have a club-wide siege mentality at this rate. As Strawb says, thick skin

Posted Images

Aye, I just see it as them trying to stop this closed doors decision making that Football governing bodies tend to do, and it’s a practice that is by and large done because their decisions don’t hold a great deal of weight legally as seen by Manchester City slapping FFP aside.

The PL received this for review and sat on it until the deal basically had to fall apart in order to create an event and allow them to pursue other means, they were allowed to just sit on it and pretend they were doing something since it’s all weirdly behind closed doors despite both parties being perfectly willing for it to be an open process. I think it was Cellinio at Leeds who was involved with an active court case that he had committed fraud, so the EFL (I think) blocked his move for Leeds on those grounds, he sought court proceedings and argued that he was not guilty of fraud and should be allowed to buy the club and won, and took control but shortly afterwards was found guilty and kept fighting that. I see something along those lines as fairly key in our argument, the PL will try and use the piracy argument but if they thought it really did hold weight why didn’t they just reject the bid and cite that? Instead they dragged it on behind closed doors knowing that since there hadn’t been any legal precedent finding them guilty of it they wouldn’t be able to hold much weight with it. I think this whole connecting the Saudis and asking MBS to submit to the O&D test is another of their little games as they know that was never happening, I think it’s also been found in French court that there was separation, as well as the UK Government being satisfied there was as well. While it clearly appears there isn’t and it’s a possibility the piracy claims have merit the PL is basically basing their “rejection” on accusations, which in and of itself is dodgy. I think trying to force it into the public space reduces the chances of them wriggling out of it through some behind closed doors agreement as they’ll have to actually substantiate their claims. 

I honestly don’t see how the PL win this as it seems dodgy as fuck tbh, they were basically demanding an absurd level of proof that apparently French legal courts, and the UK government did not need, so I think it’s a tough argument to demand they’re due that in a case they’re trying to basically restrict trade. Maybe the Saudis aren’t interested, Ashley wins and pockets the money, or they remain interested and we become the next monied club, but I just can’t see how the PL wins the same way I couldn’t see how UEFA could defend FFP. 

• Like 3

:lol: So he’s having a go at Newcastle fans who are discussing the tweet of a guy that’s involved with the consortium that’s trying to buy Newcastle, with the tweet itself being about the ongoing legal case regarding Newcastle and the takeover. He genuinely doesn’t understand how that would be newsworthy for Newcastle United fans? :lol: What a sanctimonious, stuck up little prick he is. I’d say I look forward to the day he’s replaced but I don’t give a flying fuck about the Telegraph tbh, they can employ the fool if they want. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Howay said:

:lol: So he’s having a go at Newcastle fans who are discussing the tweet of a guy that’s involved with the consortium that’s trying to buy Newcastle, with the tweet itself being about the ongoing legal case regarding Newcastle and the takeover. He genuinely doesn’t understand how that would be newsworthy for Newcastle United fans? :lol: What a sanctimonious, stuck up little prick he is. I’d say I look forward to the day he’s replaced but I don’t give a flying fuck about the Telegraph tbh, they can employ the fool if they want. 

hope he falls in a compactor.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
2 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Are you not entertained?

:jesuswept:

A news channel using actors* in interviews? 

Tsk, tsk, 

* (also author, professional hardman, gangster dildo) 

• Haha 4

I want the takeover to happen as much as anyone else, but the way Staveley was talking on Sky it seemed as if without help from the UK government, in terms of making the Premier League act in a more transparent way, it's not going to happen, or she at least has big doubts. She basically said it could all fall by the wayside if the PL are allowed to keep acting in the way they have been. I sincerely hope I'm wrong but I think it could be a case of these media moves by Ashley, Staveley and co as being acts of desperation, as opposed to the acts of people confident that they'll eventually get the result they're after. Maybe I'm making too much of the by the wayside comment, hopefully I am. 

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

knight ryder fuming he didn't get the call for a guest spot on GB news 

"Over a decade on the United beat as me old mentor, Olly called it, trinity mirror group regional sports journalist of the year, spots on talksport, verbal jewelling with the man who would be king, Pards but nar, can't be dicing with journalistic death with the punters champion, can't risk trying to better the man they all ring for gold plated NUFC stories and ex-player anekdowt, anniken, err, old tales, nar, takes the easy option with a glorified YouTube promoter and actor fucking Wraith!!! At least when ah talk to ex-players it's purely for me puntas who queue up on a teatime for their NUFC fix in the flagship paper of Thomson House rather than massaging a goatee bearded ego. Fuck them, ah've Got Steve Watson on the blower tonight talking about THAT somersault throw in at ayresome park which is EXACTLY what my loyal readers want to read whilst a split arse ah've never heard of can only interview the Ring-piece Wraith! Lol. Laters."

Lee-Ryder__01.jpg

• Haha 7