Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

Especially when you consider the status of the club nowadays. Ashley bought a club that had qualified for Europe in 5 out of the previous 6 seasons. We've qualified once since he took over. We're a much weakened club.

It's sickening when you see it like that. Basically he's fucked as ain't he? 

It wouldn't surprise me if his clause is 'Continue free sports direct advertising for the next 10 years' 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ewerk said:

He bought us for £134m and our debt to him is £127m. He should be over the moon to get any sort of profit from us.

I wonder how much he has took out of the club over the ten years ?

13 hours ago, trooper said:

is it the average value per player ?

Yeah.

It's not wholly reliably mind. Market value isn't exactly a cold hard fact.

2 hours ago, Tdansmith said:

I wonder how much he has took out of the club over the ten years ?

At times he has repaid parts of his loan and he’s gotten free advertising for Sports Direct but aside from that he hasn’t taken a penny.

I wouldn't say a fortune but it has put us at a disadvantage over other clubs in that it's an income stream we've been unable to fully exploit and therefore has had a negative impact on club finances.

Craig Hope who covers Newcastle United for The Mail says via his Twitter account: ‘If Amanda Staveley returns with offer of £300m for NUFC then Mike Ashley will listen & it is likely that deal can be done’.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2017/12/newcastle-takeover-likely-deal-can-done-ashley-waits-amanda-staveley-improved-offer-newcastle-united/

It depends what she thinks the club is actually worth. She was always going to lowball him from his valuation of £380m. 

She offers £250m and then ups it to £300m then it feels like a win for him as he got £50m more than she was originally offering. £300m would be a fair offer IMO, assuming we stay up.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

£250m now and another £50m if we survive would be a sensible compromise.

What about indemnity clauses and his Sports Direct signage? could they be significant blockers?

If we're not getting any money for them then they could be ripped down following the signing of any deal. Unless the provision of advertising is specifically agreed in the deal. The risk of HMRC fines will be factored into the offer price. I can't see any fine being earth shatteringly large.

39 minutes ago, ewerk said:

If we're not getting any money for them then they could be ripped down following the signing of any deal. Unless the provision of advertising is specifically agreed in the deal. The risk of HMRC fines will be factored into the offer price. I can't see any fine being earth shatteringly large.

Aye but would Staveley's reasonable insistence on indemnity clauses put the kibosh on the deal? and would Ashley be so brazen as to insist that SD signs stay up?

I'm not au fait enough with multi-million pound takeover deals to know whether indemnity clauses would be reasonable. And I can't imagine any sort of deal whereby the SD signage remains.

Edited by ewerk

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official