Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

Same shite every year around this time of year. The fact the journal is reporting it adds some credibility but you have to question whether Ashley genuinely wants to sell or not. He’s had plenty of opportunities to sell 

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

Of the opinion it won’t happen anyway. 

agreed, how many times have these types of "leaks" happened? I'd rate the chances of the sale actually happening at 10%.

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

Same shite every year around this time of year. The fact the journal is reporting it adds some credibility but you have to question whether Ashley genuinely wants to sell or not. He’s had plenty of opportunities to sell 

He’ll resort to shift gallow posts at the last minute anyway.

20 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I know which journal you mean but for fucks sake :lol: 

• Haha 1

If people take their internet banter heads off, the WSJ & FT are reporting the Saudi Arabian Sovereign Wealth Fund have been in talks about buying the club for 4 months. That's not made up rumours, or Keith Bishop spin to avoid us spending money in the transfer window. 

If it doesn't happen it will because of Mike Ashley, not because it was fake news. The bloke gets to walk away with £350mil in his pocket. given most of his cash is tied up in SD shares he's potentially tempted to cut & run. 

I dont believe any single takeover attempt has been made up rumours, I believe Ashley strings it along everytime and then pulls the plug because hes Mike Ashley.

Edited by 247
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

If people take their internet banter heads off, the WSJ & FT are reporting the Saudi Arabian Sovereign Wealth Fund have been in talks about buying the club for 4 months. That's not made up rumours, or Keith Bishop spin to avoid us spending money in the transfer window. 

If it doesn't happen it will because of Mike Ashley, not because it was fake news. The bloke gets to walk away with £350mil in his pocket. given most of his cash is tied up in SD shares he's potentially tempted to cut & run. 

all of this sounds fair and reasonable.

i don't care though, i just want the fat cunt to fall in to a skip full of chainsaws stuck on full throtle.

46 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I think he does want to sell, it's just that his one trick pony business negotiation of fleecing the desperate doesn't wash here. For all the shite businesses he buys you rarely see him sell one

If he wanted to sell he would have sold ages ago. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NJS said:

Who reckons all the leaks that scupper the deals have the same source? 

Only one side is common to all of them. 

There have been several legitimate bids for the club which have collapsed, all of which, i think we can safely say, because of Ashley.

Unless something has changed with Ashley, I don’t see why it will be any different this time. 

I’d love to see him finally sell up to new owners with spending power and ambition.  But I’m struggling with the prospect of MBS calling the shots like.  

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

There have been several legitimate bids for the club which have collapsed, all of which, i think we can safely say, because of Ashley.

Unless something has changed with Ashley, I don’t see why it will be any different this time. 

I’d love to see him finally sell up to new owners with spending power and ambition.  But I’m struggling with the prospect of MBS calling the shots like.  

A few months of seeing Prince Andrew's ex Stavley in the stand, with her slightly too wide apart eyes, will soon make you forget where the money is coming from. Although it may just remind you of Epstein which is hardly ideal. They'll likely try to mention the Crown Prince as little as possible for obvious PR reasons, not as if we see the Citeh owners much. Not that anything should be taken for granted given how many times we've been here before and how poor a seller, and a massive bell-end, Ashley is.

Edited by Polarboy

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I would've thought he was relatively unlikely to be directly involved? PSG and City are run by different people than the owners.

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I would've thought he was relatively unlikely to be directly involved? PSG and City are run by different people than the owners.

I don’t expect to see him in the stands. I’m just struggling with the human rights record of the place the money is coming from. 

10 minutes ago, Tom said:

If he wanted to sell he would have sold ages ago. 

He wants to sell and have the buyers eyeballs out at the same time, is my point. That works when buying Kangol and No Fear, not when selling a Premier League club. 

The toxic effects of him owning us have spread to his retail reputation to the extent that they're rebranding. If he's still here getting pelters in the press after the rebrand then it seems like a flawed strategy. He wants out imo.

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official