Newcastle vs Crystal Palace

LooneyToony

How many goals will Newcastle score?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Newcastle vs Crystal Palace

Saturday @ 10 am EST  7 am PST :razz:

The Same lineup vs Southampton would be fine by me.  I think Gayle has an injury, doesn't he? So Joselu and Perez behind him it is then. Despite LeJuene's penalty mishap, he played well imo, and he needs to get into game shape to avoid those mistakes in the future.

2-0 to us.

25 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

I'd prefer to have Merino back in the starting line up for whoever.

Not at all against Lejeune staying in the team but it is harsh on Clark and Mbemba both of whom have done well this season.

I forgot about Merino! Wow. :blink:  Yeah, get him in there with Shelvey.

7 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

What price camera's zooming in on a potential buyer ? 

2-1 Newcastle United FC FC FC fc

potential? i imagine Staveley and a legion of arabs will be sat in the director's box by Saturday. 

What kind of reception d'ye think Cabaye and that other want away ex player get?

Little antsy about this one after them getting their first win, but it's a game we should win.

Put Atsu on the bench and have him watch Zaha perform as a winger.

The media will be absolutely desperate for Palace to get firing and knock us down so I demand a fully professional home performance, in which we put a flagging defense and one-paced midfield through the grinder and smash the Green Street Extra, old woman scamming, cowboy builder, Brexit loving, pigeon botherers into a fine dust.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

The media will be absolutely desperate for Palace to get firing and knock us down so I demand a fully professional home performance, in which we put a flagging defense and one-paced midfield through the grinder and smash the Green Street Extra, old woman scamming, cowboy builder, Brexit loving, pigeon botherers into a fine dust.

:lol:

You forgot 'macron wearing'.

To be honest, I can't really blame any Ashley era player wanting out. Cabaye shouldn't have gone on strike, but I'm more bothered about the team we have now, than giving him shit for orchestrating his departure.

36 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Oddly strong language, he only played for us for six months, in which time he did his best to help keep us up and played well before moving to stay in the premier league which made perfect sense. 

from Whoscored.com

Team News

Newcastle United

Few changes are expected from Newcastle when they host Crystal Palace this weekend.

Mikel Merino is pushing for a recall after dropping to the bench against Southampton last time out.

Paul Dummett and Massadio Haidara are still sidelined, while Dwight Gayle is struggling with a groin injury.

Crystal Palace

Wayne Hennessey missed Crystal Palace's shock 2-1 win over Chelsea through injury but will return in goal this weekend. Ruben Loftus-Cheek is also fit again.

Roy Hodgson is not expected to make any other changes to the starting XI after Palace earned their first points of the season last time out.

Christian Benteke and Connor Wickham are still sidelined for the away side.

Match Facts

Crystal Palace have failed to score in their last 6 away matches (Premier League).

Crystal Palace have lost their last 6 away matches (Premier League).

Crystal Palace have been losing at both half time and full time in 5 of their last 6 away matches (Premier League).

Newcastle have kept a clean sheet in 5 of their last 6 home matches against Crystal Palace in all competitions.

Newcastle have seen under 2.5 goals in 5 of their last 6 home matches against Crystal Palace in all competitions.

There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Crystal Palace's last 3 games (Premier League).

Newcastle are undefeated in 11 of their last 12 matches against Crystal Palace in all competitions.

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

Oddly strong language, he only played for us for six months, in which time he did his best to help keep us up and played well before moving to stay in the premier league which made perfect sense. 

agreed. very harsh piece. i liked townsend and couldn't really blame him for fucking off after trying a lot harder to keep us up than most of his teammates. i think he may regret his decision now we're back up and there is takeover talk doing the rounds, but i'd hope he'd get a decent reception. or that he won't be booed, at least. 

4 hours ago, The Fish said:

Newcastle have seen under 2.5 goals in 5 of their last 6 home matches against Crystal Palace in all competitions.

There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Crystal Palace's last 3 games (Premier League).

When was the last time we scored exactly 2.5 goals ? A who scored the half goal ? :D