Newcastle vs Crystal Palace

LooneyToony

How many goals will Newcastle score?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Another game another 3 points, yeah we played pretty poor but it was one of those games when whoever took their chance would win the game. I hope we get new owners because with a little bit of investment we could be fairly close to a european qualifying place.

51 minutes ago, Howay said:

Aye, especially baffling considering we were against a side who have basically never had one of them foreigners as manager and when they did sacked him after 4 games to bring Roy Hodgson in. A man that plays two wingers up front who spend the game playing on the wing leaving no one in the centre to actually have a go at goal. 

Agree about Cabaye too, he looks fucking shite tbh, they showed some stats of him and Shelvey at half time and Shelvey had him beat on all of them despite Shelvey having a very poor half. Yedlin has come on massively under Rafa imo, doesn't have to depend on his pace as much but it's a real asset on the attack. If we do get bought by someone that has any level of ambition it looks like we'll be placed in a good spot in January for them to kick on straight away. Lascelles and Lejuene look to be a real solid pairing btw.

Perez really isn't meant for the position he is playing, we really don't have anyone else and he works hard so I understand why Rafa is playing him. Diame is the exact opposite of the saying they trot out about good players of "he makes it all look so easy" as honestly every touch of the ball he has looks so fucking difficult it's like he's trying to trap a bouncy ball on hardwood floor ffs.

If that isn't Perez's position, what is?

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

If that isn't Perez's position, what is?

I think he's better out wide where he's able to run at the full back, or up front (like when he got games after he first moved to us, although that could just be me remembering that spell fondly), he seems to get crowded out in the area in between the lines despite grafting. 

3 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Townsend showed why he's playing for an average side, all promise yet no end product. 

I thought he was MOM for them tbh.

If Benteke was playing he may well have changed the game with Townsend providing the crosses, then again if my Aunt had cock she'd be my uncle :unsure:

Townsend way better than Atsu, can't really compare him to Richie. When we are getting nullified on the flanks like today,you are looking for a threat through the middle and we have Perez and fucking Diame. Shelvey might be worth a look, he's as dynamic as SlowMo

Great that we're finally dangerous from corners. What a shambles that was under Pardew. Ritchie's delivery is generally very good as well. Enjoyed Cabaye floating their corners aimlessly towards the far post. Never really understood that type of corner, takes all the pace out of the ball and has to be an extraordinary header to score from it.

Ah the little things in life :D

The last of Pardew's filthy germs are falling off from the team.

Cabaye was a dirty little coward when he was here but at least he had a bit of talent then. We were quite fortunate but, tbh, Palace got precisely what they deserved for, after a decent first half performance, being so negative after the break. There’s nowt better than seeing a team who’ve cheated and spoilt then rushing about like blue arsed flies trying to salvage something after conceding a late goal. And, if we are taken over and suddenly have a bit of money to spend I hope we sign a player as good as Zaha thinks he is 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alex said:

Cabaye was a dirty little coward when he was here but at least he had a bit of talent then. We were quite fortunate but, tbh, Palace got precisely what they deserved for, after a decent first half performance, being so negative after the break. There’s nowt better than seeing a team who’ve cheated and spoilt then rushing about like blue arsed flies trying to salvage something after conceding a late goal. And, if we are taken over and suddenly have a bit of money to spend I hope we sign a player as good as Zaha thinks he is 

Aye, seeing Zaha run down blind alleys and chucking himself to the deck after his one trick failed him was quality, even more so when he took a huff about being taken off. There's a reason Man Utd pedalled him.

Can’t say I’d like to see us sign Townsend again for the money they are quoting. The only way we’d spend that on a player would be if we do get some mega money takeover, and as Quiff said if that happened we could get better than him. 

Zaha is fucking tragic though, clearly thinks he’s a Bale/Ronaldo type player as he’s a similar type of height and build, the issue is he’s a fucking tart and is average as fuck. The clip of some of his dives man, in fact the prick should have been sent off for a second yellow after pulling Yedlin back, which he only did because his fragile ego couldn’t handle the fact that Yedlin with the ball is still faster than him without it. 

3 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Aye, seeing Zaha run down blind alleys and chucking himself to the deck after his one trick failed him was quality, even more so when he took a huff about being taken off. There's a reason Man Utd pedalled him.

He's got a bit about him but he's canny overrated, not least by himself. Also, the ref was canny shite and bought most of the dives but even he cottoned on to Zaha. Think Palace deserved to lose just for the gamesmanship alone tbh