Newcastle vs Crystal Palace

LooneyToony

How many goals will Newcastle score?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Howay said:

Can’t say I’d like to see us sign Townsend again for the money they are quoting. The only way we’d spend that on a player would be if we do get some mega money takeover, and as Quiff said if that happened we could get better than him. 

Zaha is fucking tragic though, clearly thinks he’s a Bale/Ronaldo type player as he’s a similar type of height and build, the issue is he’s a fucking tart and is average as fuck. The clip of some of his dives man, in fact the prick should have been sent off for a second yellow after pulling Yedlin back, which he only did because his fragile ego couldn’t handle the fact that Yedlin with the ball is still faster than him without it. 

The 6 months he spent here represents the only time in his career that Townsend's had much in the way of end product 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Like I say he's a good athlete but not a great footballer, zero end product. Atsu is a much better player.

Really? a much better player?

In 12 games (and one as a sub) for us in the season we went down Townsend managed 4 goals and 2 assists.

In 15 with 17 as a sub atsu managed 5 and 3 as we topped the championship.

I like atsu but hes not better than townsend when you compare the two at all.

Atsu is one of the reasons why it's so important that we defend well.  Along with Perez and all of our strikers, he's not good enough at attacking to protect our defence so we need to make doubly sure our defence is protected.  I'm not trying to have a go at him here, it's just you get what you pay for and we haven't paid for good premier league level attackers.

townsend stood out for me in poor game on saturday. i've never really understood the grief he gets. he's an old school, direct winger, works hard, decent shot on him. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

townsend stood out for in poor game on saturday. i've never really understood the grief he gets. he's an old school, direct winger, works hard, decent shot on him. 

Yup. I'd say that if they had an actual striker like Benteke on the pitch it would have been a different story. A target for his crosses and/or taking some defenders off him so to get a better shooting position.. 

1 hour ago, David Kelly said:

Atsu is one of the reasons why it's so important that we defend well.  Along with Perez and all of our strikers, he's not good enough at attacking to protect our defence so we need to make doubly sure our defence is protected.  I'm not trying to have a go at him here, it's just you get what you pay for and we haven't paid for good premier league level attackers.

We've basically got no attack. :lol:  Even more highlighting the mastery of Benny.

• Like 1

He's a good player and I can't agree Atsu is much better but I wouldn't go out of my way to sign him either. There's nothing about his career (bar the aforementioned time here) which suggests he has (or will add) decent end product to his game. If we've got Ashley running the club then we probably shouldn't be blowing a large amount of our limited transfer funds on him. Likewise, If we get a sudden influx of cash from a new owner(s) then I think we can do better. I like him because he did well for us and tried his best to keep us up but we've moved on since then and he, if anything, has gone backwards. That's down to him and probably his agent who thought, in their wisdom, a move to Crystal Palace and working with Alan Pardew was the right career move.

1 minute ago, Alex said:

He's a good player and I can't agree Atsu is much better but I wouldn't go out of my way to sign him either. There's nothing about his career (bar the aforementioned time here) which suggests he has (or will add) decent end product to his game. If we've got Ashley running the club then we probably shouldn't be blowing a large amount of our limited transfer funds on him. Likewise, If we get a sudden influx of cash from a new owner(s) then I think we can do better. I like him because he did well for us and tried his best to keep us up but we've moved on since then and he, if anything, has gone backwards. That's down to him and probably his agent who thought, in their wisdom, a move to Crystal Palace and working with Alan Pardew was the right career move.

Being Tripitaka's best mate hasn't helped in all honesty. :razz:

2 minutes ago, Park Life said:

We've basically got no attack. :lol:  Even more highlighting the mastery of Benny.

Absolutely, it's proper bargain basement. Joselu is ok with decent technique and graft but he's never going to score many. I like Atsu but ideally he'd be an impact sub at best (and that's possibly as good as he'll ever be).

1 hour ago, David Kelly said:

Aye I agree. He's a bit like Perez except not as shite. He's got some pace but he doesnt seem to have the ability to go past people often enough which players like him depend on. Seems to suffer from lack of ideas in the final third much the same as all of our front 3. 

Dont really like Townsend either, as others have said lack of end product. He's way better than Atsu though.