Newcastle vs Crystal Palace

LooneyToony

How many goals will Newcastle score?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Cabaye's looked bad at the time but on the replay it was terrible. To actually see it, give the foul then decide it was only a yellow was absolutely shocking and the ref should be demoted. It was a proper leg breaker and deliberate.

That's a fucking weird stat like.  What do people think is the reason for it?

It's not a big club thing and there are far dirtier teams about.  This season alone we've seen a couple legbreakers go unpunished.

Can't just be variance either, surely? 

30 minutes ago, Alex said:

Cabaye's looked bad at the time but on the replay it was terrible. To actually see it, give the foul then decide it was only a yellow was absolutely shocking and the ref should be demoted. It was a proper leg breaker and deliberate.

The ref sprinted over as if he was about to brandish a red card then dropped his arse and pulled out the yellow. Probably didn't want the paperwork.

5 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

The ref sprinted over as if he was about to brandish a red card then dropped his arse and pulled out the yellow. Probably didn't want the paperwork.

Lazy bugger, it only takes a few seconds to wipe your bum FFS ! 

2 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

aye, seemed to give the yellow just because the whole stadium was screaming for red. Probably justified it by Palace being turboshit and needing every chance they could get.

8 hours ago, Alex said:

Aye it’s disgraceful by the ref, honestly though overall the ref was fucking dire. Zaha should have been sent off for two bookable offences going off how easy he handed cards out to our lot.

The thing that got me with the Cabaye challenge is what is the argument for not sending him off? He went in with two feet, lunged off the ground, scissored his legs, and went through the back. He had zero chance whatsoever of getting the ball and couldn’t have possibly intended too, it also doesn’t take Sherlock Holmes to notice the connection between them not getting a pen for what they saw as a Yedlin foul of Zaha and Yedlin almost losing his leg 20 seconds later. 

I’m also fucking sick of hearing “he’s not that type of player” first of all we all know Cabaye is a sly cunt, he’s as bad as Shelvey it’s just he’s smarter about it. Ignoring that though, it’s got fuck all to do with anything, he did do it, he flew in wildly, high, and recklessly with no control over the challenge and could have ended a lads season regardless of if it’s out of character in that moment he did do it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

:lol: he's class man. His radgey moments are brilliant. Who was it against when he got stretchered off and threw his gloves at somebody in disgust at the challenge on him? Proper hypocrite 

Yeah, stretchred off with what turned out to be a bruise. Great (c)

6 hours ago, Howay said:

Aye it’s disgraceful by the ref, honestly though overall the ref was fucking dire. Zaha should have been sent off for two bookable offences going off how easy he handed cards out to our lot.

The thing that got me with the Cabaye challenge is what is the argument for not sending him off? He went in with two feet, lunged off the ground, scissored his legs, and went through the back. He had zero chance whatsoever of getting the ball and couldn’t have possibly intended too, it also doesn’t take Sherlock Holmes to notice the connection between them not getting a pen for what they saw as a Yedlin foul of Zaha and Yedlin almost losing his leg 20 seconds later. 

I’m also fucking sick of hearing “he’s not that type of player” first of all we all know Cabaye is a sly cunt, he’s as bad as Shelvey it’s just he’s smarter about it. Ignoring that though, it’s got fuck all to do with anything, he did do it, he flew in wildly, high, and recklessly with no control over the challenge and could have ended a lads season regardless of if it’s out of character in that moment he did do it. 

Aye, the ref was shit throughout. In addition to what you mention Speroni wasted time at every opportunity. I timed him about 4 times in the second half and he had the ball in his hands for over 10 seconds each time. 13 seconds once ffs. The red spoke to him once about halfway through the second half and that was it :lol:

3 hours ago, Alex said:

Aye, the ref was shit throughout. In addition to what you mention Speroni wasted time at every opportunity. I timed him about 4 times in the second half and he had the ball in his hands for over 10 seconds each time. 13 seconds once ffs. The red spoke to him once about halfway through the second half and that was it :lol:

The amount of times that happens is ridiculous.  I've given up counting now, I've just been working on the assumption that the six second rule has been abandoned but no one has mentioned it.

Aye, the six second thing has been gone for a while now. I think the rule is something to do with releasing the ball within a reasonable time after having it under control and the space to do so.

I took that into account (you can tell the match was a real thriller :lol: ) and he was holding onto the ball in a standing position for more than 6 seconds even after the box had been cleared etc. It's another example of a potentially decent innovation which should prevent timewasting being abused due to it not being enforced and, consequently, having the opposite effect to that for which it was intended.