Craft Beer

Park Life

• 2 months later...

I had a couple of pints of McEwan's best Scotch on Saturday! I was amazed it was still getting sold as I've never seen it for years so had a few for the nostalgia. One of the lads had a pint of ex in the same bar! :lol: (tbf it was the clock and it's still 1991 in there). 

Think the Grey Nag's Head in Gateshead does Ex and Best Scotch too. I say 'I think' because I've never been in but often walk past and I've seen them advertised on the blackboard outside. Think it's about £2.50 a pint too. Like you until I'd seen them being advertised there I'd assumed you couldn't get them any more. Used to drink McEwan's Export when I was younger which I haven't seen for ages either. I bet it was rank, was it?

6 hours ago, Alex said:

Think the Grey Nag's Head in Gateshead does Ex and Best Scotch too. I say 'I think' because I've never been in but often walk past and I've seen them advertised on the blackboard outside. Think it's about £2.50 a pint too. Like you until I'd seen them being advertised there I'd assumed you couldn't get them any more. Used to drink McEwan's Export when I was younger which I haven't seen for ages either. I bet it was rank, was it?

I used to drink the odd bottle of McEwan's export as one the bars in Walkergate had it at about 60p a bottle for a while and I was on the bones of me arse at the time. :lol:

Export was 'ok' from memory, the scotch wasn't fantastic but I actually enjoyed it better than the lager I was forcing myself to have on Saturday.