Were Newcastle wrong to appoint Souness?....

Asprilla

This thread cries for a gardening advice...

Horse manure is for stiff and cold ground; sheeps for hot and dry;

ashes for cold, stiff and moist; old woolen rags for poor and dry;

lyme is most excellent for moorish and heathy land; hair of beasts

for dry and stiff ground; pigeons and poultrie-manure for cold

and moist; rotten saw dust for dry; rubbish of buildings for stiff cold

grounds; salt for cold and moist but use it moderately, for it destroys

vegetables on dry ground, especially at first, but when melte by

winter rains, it fertilizeth.

- John Reid, The Scot's Gardener, 1600

I think we would have been 6th or 7th at the moment and everyone would still be moaning that we've not progressed.

84528[/snapback]

True...what's that Joni Mitchell song? "Don't know what you've got till it's gone"....

I used to think that Souness was the wrong choice, but recently I've had a change of heart. After all, he is a fantastic manager who has won something everywhere he has been at. And he has really sorted out our dressing room by getting out the bad eggs like Bellamy. You can tell the dressing room is harmonious now - just look at the passion the players show on the pitch.

Of course he also has made some brilliant signings, including a french international defender and one from Oz, and one from Africa. In Amady faye we also got a world-class holding midfileder, and we have also got a superb left winger/striker (delete as applicable) in from Spain. Sadly, we have been robbed by injuries, lady luck and referees. Graeme is truly an unlucky manager, because he had the same rotten luck at Blackburn. But I'm sure if the fans remain patient, and get behind the lads at the match, we have every chance of getting into the Champions league, and Big Al will be holding aloft the FA cup at the new Wembley in May.

Graeme was infact the best signing the toon has ever made: FACT. :huh:

I used to think that Souness was the wrong choice, but recently I've had a change of heart. After all, he is a fantastic manager who has won something everywhere he has been at. And he has really sorted out our dressing room by getting out the bad eggs like Bellamy. You can tell the dressing room is harmonious now - just look at the passion the players show on the pitch.

Of course he also has made some brilliant signings, including a french international defender and one from Oz, and one from Africa. In Amady faye we also got a world-class holding midfileder, and we have also got a superb left winger/striker (delete as applicable) in from Spain. Sadly, we have been robbed by injuries, lady luck and referees. Graeme is truly an unlucky manager, because he had the same rotten luck at Blackburn. But I'm sure if the fans remain patient, and get behind the lads at the match, we have every chance of getting into the Champions league, and Big Al will be holding aloft the FA cup at the new Wembley in May.

Graeme was infact the best signing the toon has ever made: FACT.  :o

84531[/snapback]

Sarcasm is the lowest form of witt. Apparently. :search::huh:

Graeme was infact the best signing the toon has ever made: FACT.  :o

84531[/snapback]

Sarcasm is the lowest form of witt. Apparently. :search::huh:

84573[/snapback]

But wit is the highest form of intelligence.

Were Newcastle wrong to appoint Souness?...

84524[/snapback]

I dunno....

were the Germans wrong to elect Hitler?

85041[/snapback]

No.

84524[/snapback]

I dunno....

85041[/snapback]

No.

85051[/snapback]

The jewish community may disagree with you there sima :lol:

84524[/snapback]

I dunno....

85041[/snapback]

No.

85051[/snapback]

85054[/snapback]

Hitler never won an overall majority tbh.

84524[/snapback]

I dunno....

85041[/snapback]

No.

85051[/snapback]

85054[/snapback]

Hitler never won an overall majority tbh.

85138[/snapback]

And no-one invites the grim reaper but it still doesn't make him right! :unsure:

Graeme was infact the best signing the toon has ever made: FACT.  ;)

84531[/snapback]

Sarcasm is the lowest form of witt. Apparently. :unsure::lol:

84573[/snapback]

Yes but oscar Wilde was being sarcastic when he said that.