Burnley vs Newcastle

LooneyToony

How many goals will Burnley score?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That game followed the exact disappointing course I thought it would. Just think it exposed quite how limited most of our players are. Good news is we won’t come up against sides as well organised as Burnley very often (as naff as they are quality-wise too).

Swan-Vesta - Bryant & May, we need ones that will strike!!

If we don't score, we won't win, and that's a fact.

Perez...........same-o same-o, and you can take that to the banco.

Diame..........the damp squib. When I saw Perez in the line-up again plus Diame I thought of the gunpowder plot that fizzled.

I think Yedlin is catholic, he kept giving the ball to Burnley's Pope.

To say I'm disappointed would be untrue, I'm more suicidal, know of a club I can join?

Burnley offered little, we offered little more. Rafa set us up to grab at least a draw but unfortunately some disorganisation in defence allowed them in. Other than that, we looked fairly comfortable if not short on quality. The problem of a threat up front persists but elsewhere by and large, we looked under little threat. 

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

And we only just lost tonight. Could have easily picked up a point from that game and been in 7th.

'Only just lost', Dr.Gloom?

If we win games 1 - 0 would you say we 'only just won'?

A few of our players are a bit shite at this level, Rafa teams are well drilled but he's a bit rigid in his formations,.this 1 up top with pedestrian striker is costing us, how can't he see it? 

And Perez still getting a start, he's a bit lucky 

Could have gone either way. You can't really blame the players as they put the effort in but half of them are simply not premier league standard.

Diame, Perez, Joselu, Yedlin and Manquillo in our starting 11 and we're still in the top half of the premier league. 

Hopefully we'll have Merino back for the next match.

8 minutes ago, Noelie said:

We only just won against Palace, yes.

This is the premier league with a squad that hasn't really improved since the championship so we won't thump anyone as we aren't good enough. However, the fact that we aren't getting hammered is also a good sign.

What do you honestly expect with the squad that we have? We are already overachieving.

11 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

What do you honestly expect with the squad that we have? We are already overachieving.

I expect us to win games that we could have, should have. Today's game was winnable and in the first half it looked like we were on track to do that. Second half looked like we might settle for a draw until they scored and that burst the bubble as we didn't look as though we could force an answer.

Oh, I expect us to win next week.

Edited by Noelie

19 minutes ago, Noelie said:

Yes, like last week against Palace. You win some, you lose some. 

One thing is clear though: Rafa has a very ordinary group of players busting a gut for the shirt every game. We’re getting results despite the lack of investment. We can only play like this because we don’t have the playing staff to play expansive stuff.

15 minutes ago, Noelie said:

I expect us to win games that we could have, should have. Today's game was winnable and in the first half it looked like we were on track to do that. Second half looked like we might settle for a draw until they scored and that burst the bubble as we didn't look as though we could force an answer.

Oh, I expect us to win next week.

You moaned about the performance against Palace. You used to moan incessantly last season when we ground out wins.

What were you like when Pardew/Kinnear/Carver/McClaren managed us? Did someone have to take the laces out of your shoes before were allowed to watch the match?

That was a horrendous football match, our attacking play even more so. The lack of quality up front is depressing. 

Joselu, Perez, Diame are absolute dogshit. Yedlin and Manquillo are worse than useless going forward. Forget going forward in fact, they can barely make a straight pass towards the other goal. And 95% of the time they'll just cut back to the CD or the keeper resulting in us being continuously stuck inside our own box. 

6 hours ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

You moaned about the performance against Palace. You used to moan incessantly last season when we ground out wins.

What were you like when Pardew/Kinnear/Carver/McClaren managed us? Did someone have to take the laces out of your shoes before were allowed to watch the match?

I posted 3 times in the Palace topic, first one was prior to the match so was hardly moaning sunshine.

Second one was;.......  Ecstatic with 3 points.

Appalled by the dismal performance.

Palace were shite, and so were we.

Perez at his anonymous best again.

I take it this is what you base your statement about my moaning on.

Third post was 2 words; ..........Left behind.

As for what I was like when Pardew/Kinnear/ Carver/McClaren were managing, I suggest you dig into the archives and find out for yourself instead of asking me.

Oh, I don't have laces in my shoes, I have Velcro fasteners, more easy for decrepit old fogies like me.

Goal wise we need to stop going for the glory shot and pass to players in a better position.  Time after time we have players open but instead of using them someone attempts a weak ass kick from a weird angle or from outside the box which goes straight to the keeper.

It's frustrating that the glaring weakness in our team was obvious all summer and nothing was done to resolve it and it's costing us points now. But yeah, if you're not happy with our season thus far then you need to get yourself to the doctors for some happy pills.

37 minutes ago, Alex said:

Dont know what people's expectations are but if you think we should be doing better than we are then they aren't being realistic. 

It's not that I think we should be doing better as such; we just seem to waste / miss a lot of opportunities because of sloppy play - incomplete passes, shots rather than passing across goal etc.   Things that we can do right and have shown in previous games we can do well.  

Edited by Leon

40 minutes ago, Leon said:

It's not that I think we should be doing better as such; we just seem to waste / miss a lot of opportunities because of sloppy play - incomplete passes, shots rather than passing across goal etc.   Things that we can do right and have shown in previous games we can do well.  

Can’t do those things well that consistently because a lot of the players aren’t at a high level in terms of ability though. We’re getting a hell of a lot out of a team with a dearth of attacking flair. Of the front 4, if you like, only Ritchie is good enough. Atsu lacks end product and is still learning. Joselu and Perez work hard but don’t offer too much else. That’s where we are atm. If we’re honest we’d have lost to Palace on a different day