Burnley vs Newcastle

LooneyToony

How many goals will Burnley score?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Burnley:

Pope, Lowton, Tarkowski, Mee, Ward, Cork, Hendrick, Defour, Brady, Gudmunsson, Barnes

Lindegaard, Bardsley, Long, Westwood, Arfield, Wells, Vokes

Chris Wood not in the squad and Sam Vokes on the bench is a plus.

Just to confirm Merini lower back problem and Mitro left out for tactical reasons. Just how Saivet is included is a tactical mystery with Hayden already on the bench.

Surprised to add Hayden not starting. Interested to see how diame gets on playing deeper in what looks a more natural position for him. 

I would have hoyed mitro on the bench ahead of saviet. 

I think shelvey would rather have Gayle up front to aim his quarter back balls to. Not much movement to aim at so far. Solid start though, if a bit lacking in quality in the final third.

Yeah. Burnley all hard work off the ball, pressing high and lumping long balls forward.

We’re keeping a good defensive shape as you’d expect but struggling massively to create anything, a few good balls from shelvey and runs from atsu aside.

2 minutes ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

We're getting the ball down the wings but just no space or movement in the final third.

Not sure whether it’s crap movement from Joselu to blame or crap deliveries. Yedlin, atsu and Ritchie have all sent in a few stinkers into the box. Probably a bit of both tbf.

id like to see Gayle introduced st half time. Try something different to try and win the game. 

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

Not sure whether it’s crap movement from Joselu to blame or crap deliveries. Yedlin, atsu and Ritchie have all sent in a few stinkers into the box. Probably a bit of both tbf.

id like to see Gayle introduced st half time. Try something different to try and win the game. 

The little fanny will be a waste of two subs. 

I mean, what do you say? The team is what it is, but in this instance, I feel like we are better than Burnley and we're letting their back line have an easy game so far.

Once again this week Joselu and Perez aren't working offensively.  It just doesn't work.  They need to do more, way more.  

Edited by LooneyToony