Crowdfunding Investment

Anorthernsoul

5 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Has anyone got any experience in this? If so was it positive or negative? Are the gains worth it?

Thanks.

One of my mates raised money to make a film in Cuba but went to Barbados instead.

I've never done any crowd investing.. but Ive read a fair bit on it (have invested plenty in stocks and manage my own SIPP)..

Id never tell anyone not to do it, nor to go ahead and do it.. but one single piece of advice rings true with any investment in any small company (even non listed co's).. 

Research the directors and company FULLY. Not just their sales pitch. Understand their past...and fully understand the financial position of the company and/or directors.. see if they've any previous failures like ghosts in the cupboard.. find out their cash position and their near term obligations / costs.

And most of all pick up the phone and speak to someone "real" with your questions. You'll soon get an idea of how genuine a person or company is by their attitude and how happy they are to help a new prospective investor.

After that.. its up to you if you like what they do!! 

18 hours ago, zerosum said:

I've never done any crowd investing.. but Ive read a fair bit on it (have invested plenty in stocks and manage my own SIPP)..

Id never tell anyone not to do it, nor to go ahead and do it.. but one single piece of advice rings true with any investment in any small company (even non listed co's).. 

Research the directors and company FULLY. Not just their sales pitch. Understand their past...and fully understand the financial position of the company and/or directors.. see if they've any previous failures like ghosts in the cupboard.. find out their cash position and their near term obligations / costs.

And most of all pick up the phone and speak to someone "real" with your questions. You'll soon get an idea of how genuine a person or company is by their attitude and how happy they are to help a new prospective investor.

After that.. its up to you if you like what they do!! 

Good advice and since you're a crowdfund virgin can I perhaps tempt you into cracking deal with me and my source from boldon. We're not asking for much of an initial outlay but we think it could save us £350m a week. If you're interested please send a PM to @Christmas Tree  for further details. 

:good: