What are your regrets?

Park Life

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

A number of reasons. 

doesn't it contradict the masterplan to retire early? you don't want to waste cash by buying coffee from starbucks or pret sarnies, but it's ok to piss money away to a landlord? 

Main regret is probably staying with the same lass through uni, absolute waste of my prime years. I'm a complete wreck now.

only had the house a year, I probably wouldn't buy a complete renovation job again but it's done now and I've made a fair bit off my hard work so not sure it counts as a regret.

surely everyone regrets not shagging more lasses? except the ones who've been around the block so much they frequently experience burning sensations when urinating. 

i've got one mate who has always been a ladies man. he has zero desire to ever settle down with a lass or have kids and he's still shagging different birds every week despite being 40. i asked him if he ever worried about getting bored with it, or coming across like an old sleazebag in his advancing years. he said nah

Every

Fucking

Thing.

What I've learnt is there is no rhyme or reason to life, you can do your best to use logic to plot your best direction in life, but it's pointless. Because people are cunts who will always let you down.

As for housing. I'm salary rich and capital rich but crippled by personal debt. It'd be funny if I didn't run out of money every fucking month to buy a coffee. Ah well, soon be dead etc.

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Metal detector, telescope... That sort of easy living? 

Boldon time, and the livin' is easy, 

Fish is posting, and CT is high,

He is rich but he's not good looking,

So hush little baby, don't you cry.

I don't have any major regrets. The usual minor things like sticking in at school more so I could have a higher paying job, travelling more before kids, having the confidence I had in my 20s whilst I was in my teens, paying more on the mortgage while I could  etc.

I'm pretty happy with my lot atm though

edit: although bizarrely I've started with a bit of mild anxiety for the first time in my life. I think that's probably linked to work though 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

No real regrets....although my mind quite often wanders to the day when my English teacher (also careers/FE advisor for our year) asked me for a word; I'd handed in a couple of essays the week before and she'd marked them..."Robert your work is consistently excellent, I really do advise you to sit Higher English and apply to Edinburgh University, do Eng. Lit. etc etc..."  I got an A for my O Grade so it was a distinct possibility, but my only ambition was to earn enough money to got to St James every other week to watch Pedro and Gazza.  Which is what I did. I've had a fuckin great life tbh, nothing properly bad has ever happened, but I do wonder what  3 years of state sponsored shagging and drinking at an institution of international renown in the free and easy mid-late 80s would've been like, and how things would've turned out career wise...

Generally I've lived my life far too laid back - just doing the minimum to get by without really going for it and probably wasting potential. -I  know when I can be arsed to get out of second or third gear, people seem scarily impressed.

I also should have moved south 5 years before I did - I was offered a job by a client of the company I worked for in the town for a huge investment firm in London- If I'd taken it I don't know where I'd be now but I think I'd have been better off overall. At the time my Dad was ill and I felt guilty about the possibility of leaving - I'm sure if I'd told him that he'd have told me to go.

9 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

No regrets about anything. I luckily have a ripple effect belief system that doesn’t sit with having regrets.

Just a happy bunny. Sorry.

Youve read The Secret, haven't you? 

12 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

No regrets about anything. I luckily have a ripple effect belief system that doesn’t sit with having regrets.

Just a happy bunny. Sorry.

What is this ripple effect?