What are your regrets?

Park Life

14 hours ago, Renton said:

Every

Fucking

Thing.

What I've learnt is there is no rhyme or reason to life, you can do your best to use logic to plot your best direction in life, but it's pointless. Because people are cunts who will always let you down.

As for housing. I'm salary rich and capital rich but crippled by personal debt. It'd be funny if I didn't run out of money every fucking month to buy a coffee. Ah well, soon be dead etc.

Everything you need is out there for you...Just synchronize your inner vision man! :razz:

25 minutes ago, Park Life said:

What is this ripple effect?

Probably madness. :lol:

Maybe only applies if you are happy with your lot in life. I’ll try and explain.

Its sort of tracking back from where you are now and there being a continuous line leading from the past to today. Had I gone to university I wouldn’t have me the wife I have or have the kids I have etc. I would have a different life and I have no way of knowing how that would have turned out.

You could have caught that Ferry to Finland, disembarked and been hit by a car. All alternative possible decisions can not be viewed in isolation but must be viewed through the ripple scenarios. 

As I said, I guess it depends how you feel about your lot in life as to whether you look at the ripple effect as positive / negative.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Probably madness. :lol:

Maybe only applies if you are happy with your lot in life. I’ll try and explain.

Its sort of tracking back from where you are now and there being a continuous line leading from the past to today. Had I gone to university I wouldn’t have me the wife I have or have the kids I have etc. I would have a different life and I have no way of knowing how that would have turned out.

You could have caught that Ferry to Finland, disembarked and been hit by a car. All alternative possible decisions can not be viewed in isolation but must be viewed through the ripple scenarios. 

As I said, I guess it depends how you feel about your lot in life as to whether you look at the ripple effect as positive / negative.

Strangely I agree with that. Sometimes things didn't go my way only for another moment later (sometimes 2/3 years later) to present itself in an almost identical scenario where they did...It's like I understood something from the first incident that I wasn't aware of...That I am now in further places, further reaches of my understanding which I wouldn't be if 'the plan' had been flawless. My starting point for some time has been that nobody really knows anything. It comes across as looking carefree in what other people might consider pressure situations.

There was this inner battle and still is that I deserve this one thing (which I have been working toward for 4/5 years) I recognize that the real battle is convincing myself I deserve it and after that moment others will be easy. The doubt and other moments of huge confidence really will have no effect on the outcome because the universe is banal and all you have to do is keep pulling the slot machine until you start to see the patterns.

Edited by Park Life

Obvious one, but I regret dicking about at high school and Uni. Could have left a good Uni with a good degree in something I cared about. 

Regret not going to a better school when I was small. Passed the entrance exam thingy, but chose to stay in the village school instead. Dumbass. 

I regret jumping off off a fence when I was a teenager and fucking my ankle up.  It's so weak now, that the kinds of exercise I enjoyed (football/basketball etc.) are fraught with the risks of spraining/knocking it again. 

I'm similar to CT though, if I'd gone straight to Uni from school I wouldn't have met a lot of really good friends, I may not have ended up in london, and so on.  The ankle thing is different though. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

I regret jumping off off a fence when I was a teenager and fucking my ankle up.  It's so weak now, that the kinds of exercise I enjoyed (football/basketball etc.) are fraught with the risks of spraining/knocking it again. 

And the award for biggest fanny/worst excuse for being unfit goes to .....

27 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

And the award for biggest fanny/worst excuse for being unfit goes to .....

Do you regret that time you walked past a pile of washing and didn't get a good nose full of gusset? 

7 hours ago, Alex said:

Saw that at the flicks. What a steaming pile of shite

:lol:

Me too with the wife before kids/marriage. The steam from the shite was thick in this one. All I remember was Paltrow and the scouser from bread who wrote it having smoke blown up his arse from the British media circuit before they realised it was a bit shit. Never seen or heard from him again.