Newcastle vs Bournemouth

LooneyToony

How many goals will Newcastle score?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Newcastle vs Bournemouth

Saturday @ 11 am EST  8 am PST :razz:

This is the game where Mitrovic starts right?  If not against Bournemouth at home, then when? Probably Perez behind him or Joselu I reckon. 

I'll go with 2-0

As always, reckon this will be a tight game that we swing by virtue of being at home. That'll put us on 17 after 11 games which represents a good return from where this fan is sitting. Even a point and 15 would constitute a canny start, albeit you'd hope we'd start picking up more points away.

We must get 3 points from this game as we face an awful run of fixtures from just after the international break & all through December after Bournemouth we have 

Man Utd (a)

Watford (h)

West Brom (a)

Chelsea (a)

Leicester (h)

Everton (h)

Arsenal (a)

West Ham (a)

Man City (h)

Brighton (h)

That takes us up to December the 30th i'm not sure we'll take many points from that lot due to our lack a decent goalscorer thats why 3 points will be essential against Bournemouthl

7 minutes ago, trooper said:

We must get 3 points from this game as we face an awful run of fixtures from just after the international break & all through December after Bournemouth we have 

Man Utd (a)

Watford (h)

West Brom (a)

Chelsea (a)

Leicester (h)

Everton (h)

Arsenal (a)

West Ham (a)

Man City (h)

Brighton (h)

That takes us up to December the 30th i'm not sure we'll take many points from that lot due to our lack a decent goalscorer thats why 3 points will be essential against Bournemouthl

Plenty of winnable games there. I fully expect us to frustrate the likes of Man U and Chelsea away too. They won’t fancy trying to break as down in front of Home fans who will expect to steamroll us. Keep it tight till half time in those games and we have a chance of nicking a point. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

yes, but we're not conceding many either, so there's always a chance we could nick a game, or get a point against teams we expect to lose to. the way we're set up, we could conceivably get points out of any of those fixtures. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

Reasonably fortunate timing given the complete waste of time international break.

I agree with Gloomy on the run of games we've got.  I don't think it's that bad at all (and it's probably the worst run we have all season) with plenty of opportunities to pick up points.  Of course there's no easy games at this level (or any level if you're Sunderland) but I don't really fear anyone but City.

2-0 tomorrow.

Aye, it’s not a great run but I’m not scared of it like I would be when managed by Pards or McClaren. Man Utd without Pogba are a lot more reserved and may struggle to break us down. As DK said the only real hiding I could potentially see is Man City but even then it’s not going to be like the humiliations we have had in recent years. 

In regard to Billy Whitehurst's criticisms of my expectations, let me state categorically about the Bournemouth match:

I do not expect to win.

I do not expect to lose.

I do not expect to draw.

However;

I do expect Rafa to start Perez.

I do expect to be a tad surprised at Rafa's line-up.

I do expect I will moan, it's my right, my nature, it's ME.